PBA must go! - Page 4
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: PBA must go!

Who's happy

The V.P. from Port St Lucie sounds happy. Read the post above. Do you know why Melbourne voted down their contract?

Re: PBA must go!

Quote Originally Posted by FED UP
    We need a new union, The PBA must go! We need a union that will stand behind us! Our contract is up this year, we need a union that will fight for us on our next contract! Melbourne and Port Saint Lucie P.D. voted out Coastal PBA last year and their very happy they did. I say that we make the change![/i][/b]
    The only problem I've seen with Coastal PBA is that they have grown too much and try to cover too many agencies. I think if they split into two groups and cover a much smaller geographical area, that would lead to better, more localized service. Another option would be to move from Coastal PBA to Central Florida PBA, based in Orlando.

I don't think moving to FOP or IUPA is the answer, since they also have agencies that are unhappy with their service.

Shrinking union office

Coastal getting bigger? If we are growing, why is the union office shrinking? :shock:

Office Shrinking?

Have you seen the new office? Compared to that dump in the cowfield its the Taj Mahal...... Atleast now they have a real office, not an old house. Seems like things are finally changing for the better.

Why such a fancy office?

Why is the PBA building a "Taj Mahal" for an office with our dues money? Shouldn't we have a say in how are dues money is spent? I guess not!

dues money

REad the entire post, sheesh. ".... Compared to that dump in the cowfield its the Taj Mahal.."

Hey cop from south florida here and used to work for you guys. Anyhow BPA member here and we have a strong union here in Broward County. Dont know about Dade County PBA, but we are happy. FtLauderdale is FOP and they got screwed.

It doesn't sound like you guys are happy reading the posts on your leo site.

PBA

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hey cop from south florida here and used to work for you guys. Anyhow BPA member here and we have a strong union here in Broward County. Dont know about Dade County PBA, but we are happy. FtLauderdale is FOP and they got screwed.
    We're happy here with PBA. Its just those with personal agendas looking to attack what we're doing here. PSL voted PBA out in August and went with IUPA. Since then, PBA has gotten substantial raises for three bargaining units in PSL (Sgts union, Lts union, and civilians) and IUPA is still fumbling around at the table with no end in sight. The LTs union voted PBA in after IUPA was voted in and they still got their contract done and signed with checks coming. IUPA? nothing.
    Melbourne voted PBA out and they still don't have a contract. That's why places like Atlantic Beach, Cocoa PD, and other FOP units are leaving FOP to go to the PBA. Speaking of Cocoa, they had FOP and FOP was at the table for three years on ONE contract negotiations. They voted FOP out and PBA got it done in 12 months with raises.
    As for me, I'll stay PBA.

IUPA got the Sgts in Clermont an 8%, 8%, 8%

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast