PBA must go! - Page 3
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PBA must go!

IUPA

Let me get this straight, because I don't like IUPA and post that here, it must be someone from PBA. Quit drinking the punch and smell the contract going up in flames! We've made no progress at all on it. I guess you can always blame PBA again for your own ineptitude Jimmy.

An attorney at every IA? So when did Kevin Brady go to law school? Last time I checked he's been with PSL as an officer maybe four years and the military before that. If that is what you call law school, uh ok.

IUPA promised a local office when they came in and you Jimmy got the cards signed. IUPA promised an attorney for everything yet I think we all know that isn't going to happen. In fact, negotiations didn't begin until THREE MONTHS after the election because IUPA told us to save our dues money and hire our own negotiator. Where's all that strength? If we're spending so much on this attorney for negotiations, what's left for defending our members in the event of a shooting? Still waiting on that list of local attorneys IUPA provides.

I guess what you are saying, Jimmy, is that we use the labor attorney for criminal defense. That's like using a podiatrist to perform brain surgery. That's ok though, I don't plan on using IUPA for squat. We should have stayed PBA and had you not lied about what was actually going on we'd already have our contract and our pay raises, just like the Sgts and soon to be like the Lts in PSL (hmmm their represented by PBA too). Instead, we're flapping in the breeze.

That's ok. I'm out of here soon enough.

Brevard SO

If you think IUPA is so great, start your own board for Port St Lucie PD and get off ours. The Coastal Florida PBA has done an excellent job for us and we're happy to have them. After all, they are the ones that got us the right to collectively bargain in the first place.

The CFPBA sued then Sheriff Phil Williams and took the case to the Florida Supreme Court where the PBA won its case guarenteeing not only us but all deputies in Florida the right to collectively bargain and get labor agreements.

As a former State Law Enforcment Officer I can tell you that they were glad to get rid of IUPA and you will be too. It took the State 5 years to figure it out and go back to PBA, I doubt it'll take your officers that long as IUPA has gone downhill fast since then.

Go find your own board IUPA.

Re: Iupa

Quote Originally Posted by former IUPA member
    REally?
    Let's look at the IUPA lost list:
    1. Florida State Law Enforcement
    2. Florida Highway Patrol
    3. Jupiter PD Officers
    4. Jupiter PD Lieutenants
    5. Clermont PD

Who else do they represent? Oh, hey, Bell Glades. Woo. What about all 20 at North Miami Beach. Yay.

Get a CLUE! IUPA doesn't even lobby the Florida legislature to improve our working conditions in Florida. Their last lobbyist, Chris Moya, was fired for inability to perform. PBA has twenty lobbyists working daily on Florida's law enforcement legislation.
    Yeah I support PBA. That's because PBA is producing! What has IUPA done for PSLPD's contract? NOTHING! They are less than half way done with the contract after negotiating since August. That's 8 months! The PBA was almost 90% done.
    I challenge you to show where IUPA has done one thing better. One thing! No local attorneys. No local office. No local staff reps. No service. That is what IUPA has done for PSL. Thank you Jimmy. Thank you.
    Clermont is still with IUPA, the state unit is 1 unit and Jupitor is 1 unit.

Units

Troopers have split off of the rest of State Law enforcement and have their own bargaining unit. Clermont is currently decertifying IUPA. Jupiter has it's own Lieutenants unit, just like PSL.

PBA SUCK!

We all know who the problem is at the PBA! Until he is gone I'm for IUPA or FOP! I think we are riding a sinking ship! Abandon ship! ops:

I spoke with an officer in Clermont, they are not decertifying from IUPA. The Sergeants just voted down an 8%,8%,8% plus 6% retro! :shock: Where do I sign up for IUPA?

FOP out in Pasco Co.

LAND O' LAKES - Pasco County sheriff's detention deputies have voted 132-62 not to retain union membership.
    Brian Deehan, immediate past president of the detention deputies' union, said the majority "thought we were best-suited without" Fraternal Order of Police representation.
    "I just felt we could represent ourselves better than the FOP can," Deehan said. "The reason it came about is we believe in Maj. Brian Head, who oversees jail operations, and we stand by Sheriff Bob White. That's what the bottom line is."
    Votes were cast Tuesday and Wednesday at the jails in Land O' Lakes and New Port Richey. The votes were tallied Wednesday evening by the Public Employees Relations Commission.
    Officials said 253 of the deputies who work at the jails were eligible to vote.
    White didn't have anything to do with the vote and will continue working with his deputies whether they are part of a union or not, agency spokesman Kevin Doll said.
    Bill Hastings, who represented detention deputies for the FOP, said they were not at a contract impasse with White, as are the law enforcement deputies, who include those on patrol.

Iupa

If Clermont isn't leaving, why am I holding valid blue cards from Clermont PD? I guess the IUPA rumor mill is still hard at work. What about North Miami? Seems they are going back to Dade County PBA.

no cards from Clermont

My name is Jeremy Kevitt, I am the president of the Clemont Police Officers Union local 6013 (IUPA). PBA is not being considered by us at this time. In fact, we chose to move from PBA to IUPA several years ago and we will not be going back to PBA. We currently have a contract and are happy with IUPA as we are already negotiating another contract with a substancial raise and benefit package increase. If any one has any questions about the validity of this message please feel free to contact me by leaving a voice message at CPD px 352-394-5588 or thru IUPA office 1-800-247-4872.

Re: PBA must go!

Quote Originally Posted by FED UP
    We need a new union, The PBA must go! We need a union that will stand behind us! Our contract is up this year, we need a union that will fight for us on our next contract! Melbourne and Port Saint Lucie P.D. voted out Coastal PBA last year and their very happy they did. I say that we make the change![/i][/b]
    Obviously, this was posted before melbourne voted down the contract FOP delivered. So who is happy.....? Please tell me so that I can talk to them directly.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast