PBA must go!
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PBA must go!

PBA must go!

We need a new union, The PBA must go! We need a union that will stand behind us! Our contract is up this year, we need a union that will fight for us on our next contract! Melbourne and Port Saint Lucie P.D. voted out Coastal PBA last year and their very happy they did. I say that we make the change![/i][/b]

About time

I'm in, has anybody researched which union to switch to? FOP, IUPA?

PSL Officers happy they dumped Coastal Florida PBA

I'm an union member from Port St Lucie PD that is glad we dumped Coastal Florida PBA. We are happy on making the switch to IUPA. All of our executive board officers with IUPA are our own police officers, not someone located in Daytona Beach. We control our own destiny. Trust has been restored by switching to IUPA. Something that was lacking with Coastal PBA. We run our own union, have our own officers and have our own local meetings. Can you say that about Coastal Florida PBA.

We have a labor attorney at the bargaining table from a reputable law firm, not just a staff rep doing the negotiating like Coastal did. Everything that was promised has been delivered. If we want to open up a local office, we can if we choose to. However, right now there isn't a need to since all of the executive members are "OUR OWN OFFICERS" and are "LOCAL".

No more having a different attorney every year since Coastal PBA has a hard time retaining them. Then again, you wouldn't want to use any of the one's they have or had.

Coastal PBA acts more like a dictatorship than listening to their members. Your Coastal VP in Brevard County is proof of that.

Now lets see, Coastal Florida had Vice Presidents in Port St Lucie and Melbourne and both departments DUMPED Coastal Florida. Now Brevard County has a Vice President with Coastal PBA and they are considering to DUMP Coastal Florida PBA. I GUESS THIS TELLS YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR LEADERSHIP OR LACK OF.

The St Lucie County Sheriffs Office is also considering DUMPING Coastal Florida PBA by a decertification vote or upon the expiration of their contract.

In closing, please consider your move to IUPA. You will not be disappointed. Happy in Port St Lucie.

About time!

PSLPD, do you have contact information for IUPA and how do we go about kicking CFPBA out?

I'm a PSL officer too. I heard about your guys difficulty with Coastal. We had the same problems with coastal before we switched to IUPA. The switch is the best thing we've done in a long time...all decisions are made locally by PSL cops, we control the money, the name (who we endorse), all decisions about the direction of the union...all without any interference fromthe larger union. We're in contract negotiations and had an attorney named Matt Mierzwa sent to us for approval...the guy is awesome. He truly has the city scared...this guy has 30 years experience and he listens to what we want.

We were able to switch 90 days prior to the expiration of our contract by doing a card drive and getting a perc vote. We had nearly 80 percent of the officers sign cards stating that they wished to switch to iupa. When the vote came, it was damn near unanimous.

Hey, talk to anybody in psl and I would bet money that you'll find they are happy with the switch. There is life outside of COASTAL PBA! Plus, scott pikus is a d-bag.

BREVARD S.O.

THE FOP HAS TEKEN OVER VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS FROM THE PBA AND EVERYONE IS EXTREAMLY HAPPY. SATELLITE BEACH, INDIAN HARBOR BEACH AND MELBOURNE. THE FOP IS COPS REPRESENTING COPS. THE FOP HAS SAVE SEVERAL DEPUTIES JOBS IN BCSO.

IUPA Info

The contact person for IUPA is Jeff. His phone number is 941-313-0030. He will assist you through the whole process of switching unions. Trust me the grass is greener on the otherside. Be safe!

Time period to Dump Coastal Florida PBA

The time period is 150 days to 90 days before your contract expires or anytime after your contract expires. That's when your the cards have to be signed by your officers for the new union. I believe F.S.S. 447 explains this.

Call Jeff Edmiston at 941-313-0030 or e-mail him @ organizer@iupa.org. He is a great guy and will help you through the whole process.

Don't let Coastal Florida PBA try to tell you differently. They are the biggest bunch of liars and dictators in our region. Just look at the Vice President from your department. Do we need to say more !!!!!

Hopefully, you'll switch to IUPA, we know you will be happy, we are. Anyone is better than Coastal PBA, and the service can only improve from what they are providing.

Ask any officer in Port St Lucie and they'll tell you they are glad we made the switch. GOOD LUCK.

Question for PSLPD

Does IUPA provide an attorny from a law firm to bargin your contract or an IUPA Rep? If a law firm is bargining your contract, are your union dues high?

Union switch

The FOP has been in Brevard County since 1965 and currently handles the labor contracts for the Satellite Beach PD, Indian Harbor Beach PD, Cocoa Beach PD, Palm Bay PD and Melbourne PD. All units are happy with the services being provided in Brevard. If anyone is serious about a switch, contact FOP Association President Bert Gamin.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast