Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe

Joe,

I don't know who you are as I am just a member of the public reading the reactions of the LEO on this site. I have to admit that I am somewhat surprised at how quick many are to dismiss this as simply a non incident and are attempting to change the focus as to being some type of disciplinary "witch hunt" of sorts, rather than the issue at hand.

I am certain there is LEO politics I am unaware of that are coloring the thoughts behind some of the statements...but it is obvious to those willing to admit it, this lady LEO made a huge mistake in judgment and as such will have to face the consequences of her actions. And for some to simply defend her actions with some of the absurd statements I have seen expressed here, may make them feel good, like their unconditional support in having her and the others involved "back" is some how the noble thing to do. But it most assuredly doesn't make it right, and in the long run will just prolong the necessary changes you have outlined, needed to rectify the situation so as not to have it repeated again.

I am thankful to at least see one LEO, that gets the significance of this incident, and the associated repercussions. You seem to be one of the few whose statements reflect a real understanding of a probable larger problem and where/how it will need to be addressed in order to reverse what some could arguably claim to be a recent trend of abuse of detainees.

You don't have to be a genius to see the non reaction of those in the video support your statements...you just have to be willing to put the emotionally charged "you watch my back and I'll watch yours no matter what" mentality aside for a moment to see it. I certainly hope you and those that think like you, represent the norm rather than some of the others I have read.

From what I have read, you're one of the few who's signature statement seems to reinforce their statements. In other words you appear to walk your talk. Accolades to you officer Joe Average. I will get off you website now and let those in LEO work it out amongst yourselves. I feel much better knowing there is a voice of reason particpating in it.
Translation and summary:

Hey Joe, NICE PIC!