Deputy dumps quadriplegic from wheelchair to the ground - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

This is just the beginning, maybe the flier the pba sent was right. What happens now, she is going to be arrested and also be personally civilly sued in court. God I hope she a pba member so they can provide her with an attorney. Folks this is going to get ugly and the hammer is already swinging and the ink hasnt dried on the blue cards yet.

yeah ok

Quote Originally Posted by El Pink Gun
    OMG! Are you guys pansies? Put yourself in the Deputies shoes. You don't know what happened. Your Politically Correct blabber is what is getting Cops/Deputies killed at an alarming rate. I can't tell you how many guns, knives and shanks I've taken from knuckle heads in wheelchairs. If anything, I think the whole incident should deter crime. Don't do it and don't go to jail. Support her and take back the streets.

A Broward Deputy
    Do you know how to take shanks, guns, and knives from anyone abled bodied, paraplegics or is the scope of your practice limited to just quads? Ok so that was cruel of me but you get the point and one doesn't have to into being PC to NOT support certain deputies. It is called common sense. A lot of people supported the Nazi party as well because after all they were wearing uniforms right? Didn't make it right then and yes many people correlate someone being handled like that as a Gestapo like method and that is not a view limited to just non LEOS. Many LEOS are rolling their eyes in disgust and are sick of cover ups, excuses, etc.

This incident will no more deter crime then the death penalty. No one has noticed a reduction of violent crime in any US state that has the death penalty.

Come out of that idealistic zone that some in law enforcement put themselves in and snap back to reality.

Nothing deters crime except personal choices and thats the way it is. When the public feels that a person has been abused in custody it in fact makes crime rates and hatred against police officers in general rise.

So good job detention for cosigning abject failure once again because "one time I had a person who did this and this is what happened" excuse. They have just made it 20x harder for anyone in patrol who are far more likely to hear and bear the brunt of public outrage.

Re: yeah ok

[quote=come on now]
    Quote Originally Posted by "El Pink Gun":1nqov6s9
    OMG! Are you guys pansies? Put yourself in the Deputies shoes. You don't know what happened. Your Politically Correct blabber is what is getting Cops/Deputies killed at an alarming rate. I can't tell you how many guns, knives and shanks I've taken from knuckle heads in wheelchairs. If anything, I think the whole incident should deter crime. Don't do it and don't go to jail. Support her and take back the streets.

A Broward Deputy
    Do you know how to take shanks, guns, and knives from anyone abled bodied, paraplegics or is the scope of your practice limited to just quads? Ok so that was cruel of me but you get the point and one doesn't have to into being PC to NOT support certain deputies. It is called common sense. A lot of people supported the Nazi party as well because after all they were wearing uniforms right? Didn't make it right then and yes many people correlate someone being handled like that as a Gestapo like method and that is not a view limited to just non LEOS. Many LEOS are rolling their eyes in disgust and are sick of cover ups, excuses, etc.

This incident will no more deter crime then the death penalty. No one has noticed a reduction of violent crime in any US state that has the death penalty.

Come out of that idealistic zone that some in law enforcement put themselves in and snap back to reality.

Nothing deters crime except personal choices and thats the way it is. When the public feels that a person has been abused in custody it in fact makes crime rates and hatred against police officers in general rise.

So good job detention for cosigning abject failure once again because "one time I had a person who did this and this is what happened" excuse. They have just made it 20x harder for anyone in patrol who are far more likely to hear and bear the brunt of public outrage.[/quote:1nqov6s9]

There's NO WAY you're a cop. Just another pissed off civilian who's probably got a wrap sheet as long as my arm.

Who is the person in the video standing behind the deputy doing the dumping? He appears to be in plainclothes with his badge hanging from his neck? Was he suspended? Why or why not?

The command staff should not make any statements like Docobo did until an investigation is complete.

It's amazing that the suspect got a copy of the tape allegedly before the Chain of Command knew anything about it. I would think that someone should review any tapes that the public or an attorney asks for.

It's amazing that the suspect got a copy of the tape allegedly before the Chain of Command knew anything about it. I would think that someone should review any tapes that the public or an attorney asks for.

It is public information. All you need is a time frame and the area you want the film from. Someone brought up what appears to be the warrant unit in the back that brought the guy in. Did he not know something was wrong? How about those in the com center that monitor the cameras? Did they not see anything?

Jose Docobo wants to lay blame............then he needs to be looking no further than a mirror.........you know that one's that are through out the Office and have the caption "This is the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office".

I don't get it?

I couldn't see the tape that clearly, so someone please help me out.

How is what she did different from taking someone to the ground that is resisting? I've taken people down to the ground with more force than it looks like she used when they were fighting, refusing to open their clenched hand, trying to run, etc.

If he was resisting or displaying some sort of aggressive behavior, doesn't the use of force justify taking him to the ground?

Based on the initial charge of a "3rd degree fleeing and attempting elude" I'd say he has enough control of his limbs to drive.

If he has enough control of his limbs to drive, he has enough control of his limbs to fight.

If he is able bodied enough to fight, he is able bodied enough to warrant a takedown.

Until a fully informed and impartial source can review the tapes, I'd reserve judgment. I support her in her role as Deputy, because until they say otherwise that's what she is: A DEPUTY.

Too bad you are not the Chief Deputy or the Major that gave the video to the press. It should have been investigated and the video should have been looked at before it was given out. Now the Chief is firing her and she is facing possible criminal charges. WITHOUT the investigation being completely. Because of the video she has already been convicted with out a trial. The ACLU would never allow that if she were a perp.
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A Broward Deputy
    You are what's wrong in law enforcement and you are sad. A professional police officer can frisk and check a person in a wheelchair for weapons. The TSA knows how to inspect wheelchairs. You, sir are no professional...just a little man with a big chip on his shoulder and a bigger mouth on his face.

Shut it and go apply to Wackenhut.

Re: I don't get it?

Quote Originally Posted by fltoddy
    I couldn't see the tape that clearly, so someone please help me out.

How is what she did different from taking someone to the ground that is resisting? I've taken people down to the ground with more force than it looks like she used when they were fighting, refusing to open their clenched hand, trying to run, etc.

If he was resisting or displaying some sort of aggressive behavior, doesn't the use of force justify taking him to the ground?

Based on the initial charge of a "3rd degree fleeing and attempting elude" I'd say he has enough control of his limbs to drive.

If he has enough control of his limbs to drive, he has enough control of his limbs to fight.

If he is able bodied enough to fight, he is able bodied enough to warrant a takedown.

Until a fully informed and impartial source can review the tapes, I'd reserve judgment. I support her in her role as Deputy, because until they say otherwise that's what she is: A DEPUTY.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

A Broward Deputy

That's a perfect example of the problem. Your attitude is what reinforces the "us and them" mentality. So the man in the wheelchair is an acceptable casualty of the job? Yeah, he certainly looked like he was getting ready to tear the place apart. To be safe she should have just shot him in the head and been done with it.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast