PBA meeting! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PBA meeting!

Thanks for the info John, its not the best news, but atleast its communication to the troops.

School Police

Quote Originally Posted by Guest Again
    To the P.B.A. man. Look no further than yourself for the morale issue. Obviously it is your morale that is suffering. In your comments you attack the retirees on many fronts. Did you ever think that maybe some of us like our jobs and enjoy working with the kids? You ask us to think about our partners. Please don’t call me your partner you don’t understand the meaning. You are quick with your words but ignorant to say the least. I sense that you are one of those people who are never happy. I have seen the likes of you throughout my life. You are the same officer that does little or nothing and then wants someone to reward you for your lack of work. It is you that has strayed away and it is you that is dividing the department. You haven’t a clue. You’re a coward. Please leave us and go elsewhere. I would bet that after a few months at your new job you will be just as unhappy. Please try though. Please.
    Dear Mr. “Guest Again”:

You are really sounding desperate at this point, and quite pathetic. It is extremely obvious that you fear a merger with PBSO and the only reason that comes to mind for you to feel that way is because you realize that you would be exposed for what you really are by PBSO, and that is worthless. I am sure that you came here form some large police department in the northeast where you probably never made a “collar” on a “perp” because you were to busy driving the “Lu” around in his car and looking for places to hide. After spending 20 years there you walked out with your fat pension and health benefits and moved to sunny South Florida where you hoped to ride the easy life working at the PBC School Police. Now your gravy train seems to be headed for a crash due to unsubstantiated and needless rumors and fear and you are doing everything you can to try and stop it. What a joke you are!

The sad part about all of this is that you really have no idea what you are talking about. If PBSO took over you have this fear that you would be thrown out there on midnight shift working 12 hour days chasing real criminals around. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If PBSO was to enter into a contract with the School District it would be handled just as all of the other contracts that the Sheriff’s Office entered into. You would be left right where you are and you would probably not even be allowed to leave the schools for some time even if you wanted to. Your seniority would transfer over as well. Out of the 1500 or so law enforcement deputies PBSO has do you think all of them work mid-nights? Look at the courthouse deputies. They work Monday through Friday with weekends and holidays off. Granted they do not get all summer off, but if you save up your generous amounts of vacation, holiday, comp, and longevity leave you would have no difficulty in taking almost as much time off as you do now. Plus you would get paid more money! Have you seen their pay scale? A deputy will be topping out in the $70,000 dollar range and a sergeant at $95,000!

You need to stop your pathetic and down right nasty posts as they are falling on def ears. Your ranting will not change anything and I assure you that whatever happens will more than likely be out of all of our hands. I for one do not understand why after looking at PBSO’s pay scale, benefits and working conditions anyone would not be positive about a merger, unless you are just worthless and scared. Go back to where ever you came from or go double dip some where else if this upsets you so much.

Re: School Police

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest Again
    To the P.B.A. man. Look no further than yourself for the morale issue. Obviously it is your morale that is suffering. In your comments you attack the retirees on many fronts. Did you ever think that maybe some of us like our jobs and enjoy working with the kids? You ask us to think about our partners. Please don’t call me your partner you don’t understand the meaning. You are quick with your words but ignorant to say the least. I sense that you are one of those people who are never happy. I have seen the likes of you throughout my life. You are the same officer that does little or nothing and then wants someone to reward you for your lack of work. It is you that has strayed away and it is you that is dividing the department. You haven’t a clue. You’re a coward. Please leave us and go elsewhere. I would bet that after a few months at your new job you will be just as unhappy. Please try though. Please.
    You're right about the time off issue. The School District plus is not the total time off, its the guarantee of when you're off. When you add vacation accruals + comp time accruals + holiday time accruals + sick time accruals + whatever bonus(s) are in the individual contracts; one probaly could get more time off with a city or county dept. Its just that on a 24/7/365 dept its obvious that not everyone can get off for two weeks at Christmas, etc

Dear Mr. “Guest Again”:

You are really sounding desperate at this point, and quite pathetic. It is extremely obvious that you fear a merger with PBSO and the only reason that comes to mind for you to feel that way is because you realize that you would be exposed for what you really are by PBSO, and that is worthless. I am sure that you came here form some large police department in the northeast where you probably never made a “collar” on a “perp” because you were to busy driving the “Lu” around in his car and looking for places to hide. After spending 20 years there you walked out with your fat pension and health benefits and moved to sunny South Florida where you hoped to ride the easy life working at the PBC School Police. Now your gravy train seems to be headed for a crash due to unsubstantiated and needless rumors and fear and you are doing everything you can to try and stop it. What a joke you are!

The sad part about all of this is that you really have no idea what you are talking about. If PBSO took over you have this fear that you would be thrown out there on midnight shift working 12 hour days chasing real criminals around. Nothing could be farther from the truth. If PBSO was to enter into a contract with the School District it would be handled just as all of the other contracts that the Sheriff’s Office entered into. You would be left right where you are and you would probably not even be allowed to leave the schools for some time even if you wanted to. Your seniority would transfer over as well. Out of the 1500 or so law enforcement deputies PBSO has do you think all of them work mid-nights? Look at the courthouse deputies. They work Monday through Friday with weekends and holidays off. Granted they do not get all summer off, but if you save up your generous amounts of vacation, holiday, comp, and longevity leave you would have no difficulty in taking almost as much time off as you do now. Plus you would get paid more money! Have you seen their pay scale? A deputy will be topping out in the $70,000 dollar range and a sergeant at $95,000!

You need to stop your pathetic and down right nasty posts as they are falling on def ears. Your ranting will not change anything and I assure you that whatever happens will more than likely be out of all of our hands. I for one do not understand why after looking at PBSO’s pay scale, benefits and working conditions anyone would not be positive about a merger, unless you are just worthless and scared. Go back to where ever you came from or go double dip some where else if this upsets you so much.

Re: School Police

[quote=right on point]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guest Again":2b6n03nh
    You're right about the time off issue. The School District plus is not the total time off, its the guarantee of when you're off. When you add vacation accruals + comp time accruals + holiday time accruals + sick time accruals + whatever bonus(s) are in the individual contracts; one probaly could get more time off with a city or county dept. Its just that on a 24/7/365 dept its obvious that not everyone can get off for two weeks at Christmas, etc

Dear Mr. “Guest Again”:

[/quote:2b6n03nh]

You work less if you were a road toad at PBSO then we do at the District, and plus the old guys who are soooo worried about going to work if we go green it will not happen! you will be in your school for years to come, it could only be a plus for the SO to take over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12