Tired of waiting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tired of waiting

I am sick of waiting for FHP to show up at wrecks. What will it take to get these guys to their calls so we can get on with law enforcement.

waiting for FHP

Try telling your sheriff to pull some of his weight in Tally. As I understand it orange county is a nightmare if you work for us. 190 positions down and counting. Some districts have only one Trooper covering 3-4 counties on mids. Send your state rep and senator an email and ask them why you have to wait so long.

Re: waiting for FHP

Quote Originally Posted by tanandblack
    Try telling your sheriff to pull some of his weight in Tally. As I understand it orange county is a nightmare if you work for us. 190 positions down and counting. Some districts have only one Trooper covering 3-4 counties on mids. Send your state rep and senator an email and ask them why you have to wait so long.

Perhaps your big belly sheriff should let you start handling some crashes like other counties do... then you can go out and NR most of your calls as you do now.

Hi Troops and welcome to the Orange County board. Don't get me wrong I support you guys and I will send an email. I have no interest in being on the east end of the beachline on a traffic stop all alone. You guys don't even call in stops so no one even knows you are in the fight of ur life until it is over. But let's face it our job suffers when we sit and wait on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hi Troops and welcome to the Orange County board. Don't get me wrong I support you guys and I will send an email. I have no interest in being on the east end of the beachline on a traffic stop all alone. You guys don't even call in stops so no one even knows you are in the fight of ur life until it is over. But let's face it our job suffers when we sit and wait on you.
    I don't get it...why doesn't Kevin let you just handle the freakin' crash instead of you sitting on the scene for 2 hours? Kevin grumbles it would cost OCSO a lot of money to have deputies handle a crash here and there but it seems like it would just work out better in the long run.

Re: Tired of waiting

I am sick of waiting for FHP to show up at wrecks. What will it take to get these guys to their calls so we can get on with law enforcement.

Learn to work a sig 4. When I was FHP in orange county I worked domestics and theft when I rolled up on them. It is one piece of paper and drop them off at the jail. Just do your job.

Re: Tired of waiting

HAHA..looks like your a** will be working the soon enough

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Sig 4's

As far as working crashes soon...don't get your hopes up to quickly. I for one have worked crashes for many years before coming to Orange County and they don't bother me. As far as the so called trooper who used to work domestics and thefts, I bet you did that so you wouldn't have to work sig 4's and left your crew hanging! And for the GUEST who says we NR calls. Yes we do NR calls that need NR. We don't need to justify our existance by writing reports that don't need a report or non criminal actions!!

Re: Sig 4's

Quote Originally Posted by RedDog
    As far as working crashes soon...don't get your hopes up to quickly. I for one have worked crashes for many years before coming to Orange County and they don't bother me. As far as the so called trooper who used to work domestics and thefts, I bet you did that so you wouldn't have to work sig 4's and left your crew hanging! And for the GUEST who says we NR calls. Yes we do NR calls that need NR. We don't need to justify our existance by writing reports that don't need a report or non criminal actions!!
    Orange County SO is traditionally lazy.... calls get closed out with out a deputy responding.... calls that should be documented are NR'ed... so I stand by my original statement....

Sincerely,

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Give examples. What non-criminal calls do you feel should be documented. Do you feel that calls with no contact (Loud music for example) information should be dispatched and take away from more pressing calls? I'm not knocking you, just trying to understand where you’re coming from. Do we do everything perfect? NO, but who does?

Let me ask you this. With our call volume and depleted man power, are you, as a citizen, willing to wait 4-5 hours for a burglary report because we are handling Sig 4's? Also, the pendulum swings both ways, should FHP start handling loud music calls, robberies, domestics, ect?

What do you consider lazy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast