2008 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008

You're making sense. Keep up the good job guys. New hires are sharp. A good mechanic buys his own tools because that's his livelyhood. How much more important is your equipment, madeto save your life or the life of the citizens you protect. The city should provide that equipment but it's good to see the old guys and newer officers taking pride and the serious nature of this job and arming themselves with the proper equipment. The job's more dangerous than ever, stay sharp.

I agree with the equipment issues. I would like to add that those who think the thugs now are worse are mistaken. The thugs 20-30 years ago were just as bad, cops still got shot at and killed, and it took the same balls to do the job then as it does now.

Re: 2008

Quote Originally Posted by concerned citizen
    what are you Plantation Officers going to do in 2008?
    Anything I feel like GOSH :roll:

Lets not forget, by providing our own tools we have some control over the quality. We all know anything provided by the city will be from the lowest bidder, leaving us with items like this vest that has been resized twice and still doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Blame them!
    Spoken like a true FOP appeasement rep! Boo..who… the city has to return to their old funding levels… How will we ever survive???
    The city has run the police department into this predicament because they chose to allow our equipment to get run down in order to fulfill other projects, like golf courses, horse arena’s ect. Now they will throw the citizens the blame for them having no money? The citizens of Plantation did not vote against us, they voted for themselves. Do you think every citizen in our city lives in the acres? What about the one who can’t afford their houses either, just like most of us? I guess they should find a way to cough up more tax money this way the mayor can leave her legacy of parks and signs behind!
    The bottom line is we have patrol cars with 130 thousand miles on them. Our MP5’s were purchased in the early 1980’s. Our ballistic shields are ridiculously old, our SWAT guys don’t have rifle plates, and our rookies have to spend a couple thousand just for the privilege of working here and it is all because of years and years of putting off purchases in lieu of other “pretty” projects. Now we find ourselves in the boat we are in.
    Who is to blame you ask? Every one who ever used the fraise “Don’t complain because when I started…” It was this mindset that constantly allowed our agency, city and FOP body to settle for well below standards.
    YOOOOOOOOOOOO old timer here (18) I agree , the city should be paying for most of the equipment BUT and I do say BUT I'm not waiting for them cause lets face it they do not give a shizzat about us!!!! so i take MY MONEY and make sure i have the right tools to deal with those pieces of crap we deal with on a daily basis!!!!

I GUESS YOU BROTHERS HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED ABOUT HOW TWO FELLOW BROTHERS VOTED AGAINST A FELLOW BROTHER ON HIS RETIREMENT BOARD??????? HTF CAN WE LET OUR ""ELECTED UNION OFFICERS SCREW ONE OF OUR FELLOW MEMBERS?????? I DON'T CARE WHO HE HE ,,,HE IS A FELLOW UNION MEMBERS???? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME?????

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Blame them!
    Spoken like a true FOP appeasement rep! Boo..who… the city has to return to their old funding levels… How will we ever survive???
    The city has run the police department into this predicament because they chose to allow our equipment to get run down in order to fulfill other projects, like golf courses, horse arena’s ect. Now they will throw the citizens the blame for them having no money? The citizens of Plantation did not vote against us, they voted for themselves. Do you think every citizen in our city lives in the acres? What about the one who can’t afford their houses either, just like most of us? I guess they should find a way to cough up more tax money this way the mayor can leave her legacy of parks and signs behind!
    The bottom line is we have patrol cars with 130 thousand miles on them. Our MP5’s were purchased in the early 1980’s. Our ballistic shields are ridiculously old, our SWAT guys don’t have rifle plates, and our rookies have to spend a couple thousand just for the privilege of working here and it is all because of years and years of putting off purchases in lieu of other “pretty” projects. Now we find ourselves in the boat we are in.
    Who is to blame you ask? Every one who ever used the fraise “Don’t complain because when I started…” It was this mindset that constantly allowed our agency, city and FOP body to settle for well below standards.
    YOOOOOOOOOOOO old timer here (18) I agree , the city should be paying for most of the equipment BUT and I do say BUT I'm not waiting for them cause lets face it they do not give a shizzat about us!!!! so i take MY MONEY and make sure i have the right tools to deal with those pieces of crap we deal with on a daily basis!!!!

I GUESS YOU BROTHERS HAVE NOT BEEN INFORMED ABOUT HOW TWO FELLOW BROTHERS VOTED AGAINST A FELLOW BROTHER ON HIS RETIREMENT BOARD??????? HTF CAN WE LET OUR ""ELECTED UNION OFFICERS SCREW ONE OF OUR FELLOW MEMBERS?????? I DON'T CARE WHO HE HE ,,,HE IS A FELLOW UNION MEMBERS???? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME?????
    Just another example of everyone having their own agenda, they must be trying to ki$$ somebodies a$$ for a position. Good 'ole boy puppet show.

[quote=Own Agenda]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Don't Blame them!":3voueqgq

Just another example of everyone having their own agenda, they must be trying to ki$$ somebodies a$$ for a position. Good 'ole boy puppet show.[/quote:3voueqgq]

Welllllllllll danmmmmmmmmm hate to say it but something was on video and they still have there job??????????????????? and they vote against him??????????????????????????????/ the plot thickens???????

How did the Union screw over one of it's own members who was trying the cheat the system?

That money comes out of your pension fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Old Timer
    I agree with the equipment issues. I would like to add that those who think the thugs now are worse are mistaken. The thugs 20-30 years ago were just as bad, cops still got shot at and killed, and it took the same balls to do the job then as it does now.
    Not that Im shocked or even surprised, can anyone put information here about if the city is entertaining the possibility of taking away take home vehicles. Understanding that gas will be $5.00 soon.

Where are they going to park them if they did? Construction is going to start on the old building and the back lot is going to be full of trailers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast