I would like to be a Police Officer or Sheriff. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by New Sheriff In Town
    So you want to be Sheriff, I think that is great. There will be an election coming up soon and we need someone to run against Gee. You've got my vote.
    well ya have my vote too...so far ur ahead 2 -0 ya might just win with that vote

Re: I would like to be a Police Officer or Sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrell25
    Hi guys,

I have always wanted to be in law enforcement. I graduated from the University of Tampa with a Degree in Computer Information System. However, my passion is working on computers in a law enforcement capacity.

After college, i was selected by the FBI to be an agent and did the exams at USF which a pass. However, i did no have any good references since i lived on campus during the 4 years and people in my neighborhood could not speak on my behalf since i kept to myself and kept out of trouble.

I did applied at the Tampa police under the scholarship program a few months after the FBI situation, but i ran into the same issue.

I would also suggest taking a college level English class, your grammer sucks. I'd hate to be the one editing your reports.

Anyway, those days are long gone and i am now 37 years old, but in great health and shape. I play both volleyball and basketball regularly.

Should i just give up on this and stay in the private section or is there someone who can make this a reality for me?

Feel free to post your feed back or email me directly at tyreese25@myway.com

Re: I would like to be a Police Officer or Sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrell25
    Hi guys,

I have always wanted to be in law enforcement. I graduated from the University of Tampa with a Degree in Computer Information System. However, my passion is working on computers in a law enforcement capacity.

After college, i was selected by the FBI to be an agent and did the exams at USF which a pass. However, i did no have any good references since i lived on campus during the 4 years and people in my neighborhood could not speak on my behalf since i kept to myself and kept out of trouble.

I did applied at the Tampa police under the scholarship program a few months after the FBI situation, but i ran into the same issue.

I would also suggest taking a college level English class, your grammer sucks. I'd hate to be the one editing your reports.

Anyway, those days are long gone and i am now 37 years old, but in great health and shape. I play both volleyball and basketball regularly.

Should i just give up on this and stay in the private section or is there someone who can make this a reality for me?

Feel free to post your feed back or email me directly at tyreese25@myway.com
    I'd also suggest taking a college level english class, your grammar sucks. I'd hate to be the one editing your reports. It's NOT "private section" it's "private sector". It's NOT "I did applied" it's "I did apply". It's NOT "exams at USF which a pass" it's "exams at USF which I passed". Second thoughts, go ahead and apply, you'll fill a quota and promote quickly.

I'd also suggest taking a college level english class, your grammar sucks. I'd hate to be the one editing your reports. It's NOT "private section" it's "private sector". It's NOT "I did applied" it's "I did apply". It's NOT "exams at USF which a pass" it's "exams at USF which I passed". Second thoughts, go ahead and apply, you'll fill a quota and promote quickly.
    You know most people sit around with their shirt off watching TV when the post on here, they are not writing a report or an essay. Regardless there is always someone who wants to be an English teacher, always someone standing ready to criticize another, and offer nothing about the intention of the post or debate. It’s an open forum, people typing their thoughts and lots of typos any from the best of report writers. I don't know how many times I sent something on here before proof reading it to see mistakes afterwards. Who cares!

You know most people sit around with their shirt off watching TV when the post on here, they are not writing a report or an essay. Regardless there is always someone who wants to be an English teacher, always someone standing ready to criticize another, and offer nothing about the intention of the post or debate. It’s an open forum, people typing their thoughts and lots of typos any from the best of report writers. I don't know how many times I sent something on here before proof reading it to see mistakes afterwards. Who cares!
    Although you are right...who really cares. He did have a point. Writing reports are always a pain. This guy is inquiring about getting a position with HCSO. His writing wasn't good and it was suggested that he should be mindful of that. The only downside to those comments was the "you'll fill a quota and promote quickly" comments. So many smarta$$ Deputies on this forum. For no reason....

Although you are right...who really cares. He did have a point. Writing reports are always a pain. This guy is inquiring about getting a position with HCSO. His writing wasn't good and it was suggested that he should be mindful of that. The only downside to those comments was the "you'll fill a quota and promote quickly" comments. So many smarta$$ Deputies on this forum. For no reason....
    I know my post wasn't politically correct, but anyone who has worked in our profession for any length of time would agree that political correctness and affirmative action has severly degraded our profession. The original post was full of grammatical errors, not typos. We're doing our profession a great injustice when we tell someone who is clearly not qualified to do this job to "follow their dream" and apply. When standards are lowered to accommodate a quota, whether it's for hiring or promotions, morale suffers and the public's perception of law enforcement suffers. Don't forget, our reports are public record and as such we are judged by them. Do you really want people judging our profession based upon a poorly written report from a quota hire ? Don't misunderstand me, I have worked with MANY great minority officers during my career, but let's not lower the bar to accommodate someone based on political correctness and hiring quotas.

Is this what you're trying to say....

Hey White Devil, is this what you're trying to say?

Re: Is this what you're trying to say....

Quote Originally Posted by fltoddy
    Hey White Devil, is this what you're trying to say?

Exactly !

Minority? Fill the Quota?

Actually, when I posted my initial question on this forum, I was using my PSP connected via WLAN while speaking on the phone with a friend. The T9 (auto spelling) feature, just entered words based on key strokes. Nonetheless, it is my fault for not giving the post my undivided attention.

However, that does not justify my grammar in anyway which could have been easily remedied by proof reading. It seems like this forum is a measuring stick to determine an individual’s overall qualification to join the force.

As the other guest indicated, this site and many other similar sites are filled with grammatical errors.

It is evident that the ending of your comment was a bit “Racist”. I may be wrong, but, you feel free so say exactly what you mean.

“Fill the Quota” Worked with many “Minorities”

Freedom of Speech.

You are, supposedly an educated individual.

Speak your mind!

Sorry you feel my post was racist. Facts are facts however. Law enforcement has had a policy of recruiting (and promoting) minorities to fill quotas for many years now. As an FTO I have seen first hand people who were hired to fill a quota that should NEVER have been hired. I don't care if you're black, white, yellow or green, if you meet the standards I'm happy to serve with you. Your original post was filled with grammatical errors. This was typical of many (not all) of the minority officers that I have seen pushed through the system in the last 10 years or so. Your explanation as to the errors in your original post is valid. After reading your response, which is articulate and well written, I would have no issue with you should you pursue a career in law enforcement. The problem with quotas is that they breed resentment. If a person is hired or promoted because of their race or gender, they will never gain the respect of their peers. If you think this is racist, then you have a chip on your shoulder and I pity you. One last point, your original post did not identify you by race. How did I know you were African American?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast