I would like to be a Police Officer or Sheriff.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I would like to be a Police Officer or Sheriff.

Hi guys,

I have always wanted to be in law enforcement. I graduated from the University of Tampa with a Degree in Computer Information System. However, my passion is working on computers in a law enforcement capacity.

After college, i was selected by the FBI to be an agent and did the exams at USF which a pass. However, i did no have any good references since i lived on campus during the 4 years and people in my neighborhood could not speak on my behalf since i kept to myself and kept out of trouble.

I did applied at the Tampa police under the scholarship program a few months after the FBI situation, but i ran into the same issue.

Anyway, those days are long gone and i am now 37 years old, but in great health and shape. I play both volleyball and basketball regularly.

Should i just give up on this and stay in the private section or is there someone who can make this a reality for me?

Feel free to post your feed back or email me directly at tyreese25@myway.com

If your heart is in it apply. You may also want to consider being a reserve officer with an agency. It would give you some exposure, allow you to do the job you always wanted and let you keep your private sector job.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    If your heart is in it apply. You may also want to consider being a reserve officer with an agency. It would give you some exposure, allow you to do the job you always wanted and let you keep your private sector job.

Good luck.
    Ditto to the above poster "Tyrell25." If your making a good living in the private sector then I would suggest that the reserve program is the way to go for you. It would allow you to see the real world of law enforcement. Not the stuff you see on TV. To include "Cops." But if your dream is to be a LEO and you like what you see then follow your heart my man and go for it. Like the poster above said. Good Luck and take care dude.

P.S. Don't let the junk you read on here about the union this and the sheriif that run you off. It's a great profession and like I tell others that I speak with. If it was a hard job I would'nt do it. Sure you will get the blood pumping and the juices flowing and may even have to go hands on now and then but it ain't hard my man. The paper work bites at times but the natural high you get when you bust a burglary in progress suspect or chase down the bad guy ROCKS. Again, good luck.

So you want to be Sheriff, I think that is great. There will be an election coming up soon and we need someone to run against Gee. You've got my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by New Sheriff In Town
    So you want to be Sheriff, I think that is great. There will be an election coming up soon and we need someone to run against Gee. You've got my vote.
    Bro that ain't what the original poster meant and you know it. Quit trying to turn every little thing into an argument. Geezzz.

[quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "New Sheriff In Town":bhuh3wnz
    Bro that ain't what the original poster meant and you know it. Quit trying to turn every little thing into an argument. Geezzz.[/quote:bhuh3wnz]

Bro, I know that a man of your dudeness can appreciate a little sarcastic humor. Just tryin to lighten it up, right on. Now give me more COWBELL, I need more COWBELL.

[quote=New Sheriff In Town][quote="The Nitely Blog":2lav2rvu]
    Quote Originally Posted by "New Sheriff In Town":2lav2rvu
    Bro that ain't what the original poster meant and you know it. Quit trying to turn every little thing into an argument. Geezzz.[/quote:2lav2rvu]

Bro, I know that a man of your dudeness can appreciate a little sarcastic humor. Just tryin to lighten it up, right on. Now give me more COWBELL, I need more COWBELL.[/quote:2lav2rvu]

True.....true..

Want to just TPD or Sheriff

Thank you guys for your feedback. I really appreciate every word of advice provided.

I welcome all the criticisms as well, because it shows the other side of the coin. I know that all that glitters is not gold, but i am willing to make the best of it.

I guess i will have to apply again. At least, if i run for a sheriff office, i already have one vote

Do you have a contact person i can just call and discuss this matter with? Like someone in TPD or the HR office?

You know calling the government and speaking to the right person is finding a needle in a hay stack on a windy day.

Call 247-8000, ask for recruitment and screening. Good luck. You now have 2 votes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast