What would you like to see from your Department? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

real STEW

Hey STEW, guess what ? While you are sitting in your unit, your fellow officers could be getting hurt because your radios don't work. Don't worry STEW because all is just how you like it, "DO NOT DISTURB".

INFORMATION REQUEST

Thanks reguest of fiu, like you I will be in the Masters program (Criminal Justice). My goals are to teach after that and to become a chief in a small department.

Re: What would you like to see from your Department?

Quote Originally Posted by goodcop43
    Quote Originally Posted by krakpipe
    I would like to see more specialized units. I mean there are only two ways to go in this Dept.... Patrol or Investigations. Have a Burglary team and a Narcotics team. We also need an ERT/ emergency responce team.
    K-9 would also be a tremendous benifit to the Dept. Lets not just think inside the box, but have the guts to open the door and stand outside the box.
    I agree krakpipe. We need more specialized units. I mean, think about it. We have drugs in FIU like CRAZY, yet they still want to think this is a perfect place. Burglaries are real often now. Heck, add some robberies in there too! I guess the University is just too scared to have a K9 unit here. Tell you what though, get more of these things, people will see we're REAL Officers rather than them treating us like a security company. We need a swat team but they dont want anything having to do with real Police work. Again, just let some type of unfortunate situation arise here in the University and maybe we'll get more.
    I want some real police work and I got the guts am going to City of Miami or Miami Gardens, that's where the action is. Who's coming with me?

Re: What would you like to see from your Department?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I like to see more PST so they could take care of the non-police calls. This would also make the department seem more professional
    I agree, it seems there's a major shortage of PSTs and more of them would help, especially to supplement the officers at the main campus, so they wouldn't have to keep pulling the PSTs from the Engineering Center all the time like they do now, and sacrificing the security of the EC.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234