What would you like to see from your Department?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What would you like to see from your Department?

I would like to see more specialized units. I mean there are only two ways to go in this Dept.... Patrol or Investigations. Have a Burglary team and a Narcotics team. We also need an ERT/ emergency responce team.
    K-9 would also be a tremendous benifit to the Dept. Lets not just think inside the box, but have the guts to open the door and stand outside the box.

losers

Except for a couple retired guys who use to do real police work but came there to relax, you have a joke of a department. You have nothing but correcton officers who dont know anything about real law enforcement or officers who flunked out at real agencies and came there as there is no polygraph to weed them out. The few young officers you do have that are worth anything will be leaving shortly to make real money at other municipal agencies.

I like to see more PST so they could take care of the non-police calls. This would also make the department seem more professional

"What a Joke" Why are you hating on corrections officers? You wouldn't last one day in the Prison. Hell everywhere you go Officer's are dying for you to leave just like when you were at NMB. Maybe you should just retire again and become a correctional officer since you think their not worth anything. That should be right up your alley.

But this blog was not to trash your fellow officers but to let everyone know how FIU is not prepared for any event and the University and the Administrative staff could care less about us. So before you start putting your fellow officers down try doing it towards the University first. Thats why they have the upper hand now because we keep bashing each other instead of trying to stick together as one against the University and our SO CALL CHIEF!!!

good point. while there may be issues amongst patrol, they pail in comparison to the real problem, the administration. and that is the problem we should be attacking. no each other.

FIU

I CAN SEE HOW FIU POLICE WORK CAN BE A DRAG FOR A STREET OFFICR, BUT IT ONLY TAKES ONE STUDENT (SIG #43) WITH A WEAPON TO REMIND US WHY WE ARE THERE ! PSA'S ARE A MUST, AS YOU HAVE STATED. LACK OF TRAINING IS A LAW-SUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN DOWN THE ROAD ADMIN ! THIS SITE SHOULD OPEN UP SOME THOUGHT FOR YOUR OFFICERS SAFETY BEFORE THE INCIDENT HAPPENS. LETS NOT FORGET WHERE WE CAME FROM , AND THAT WE ALL RETURN HOME AFTER THE SHIFT.

RE: Stop Hating

First I dont care who the university hires correction officers, OR other department transfers. All I care about is providing for my family and enjoying my job, and the pay is allright and I have come to love FIU North Campus as it has come to grow on me. It took a while to get out of my aggressive ways but I now enjoy the peaceful days.

I dont know who wrote the previous message and I dont care, but be assured it wasnt me as I do not hide behind little computers. If I have something to say I say it. Now please identify yourself so we can talk as there is only one person I have had a problem with that I know of and its a dead issue as far as I am concerned.

re: Stop Hating

I am still waiting for you to identify yourself after making false allegations, and after you bash the Chief.

Re: What would you like to see from your Department?

Quote Originally Posted by krakpipe
    I would like to see more specialized units. I mean there are only two ways to go in this Dept.... Patrol or Investigations. Have a Burglary team and a Narcotics team. We also need an ERT/ emergency responce team.
    K-9 would also be a tremendous benifit to the Dept. Lets not just think inside the box, but have the guts to open the door and stand outside the box.
    I agree krakpipe. We need more specialized units. I mean, think about it. We have drugs in FIU like CRAZY, yet they still want to think this is a perfect place. Burglaries are real often now. Heck, add some robberies in there too! I guess the University is just too scared to have a K9 unit here. Tell you what though, get more of these things, people will see we're REAL Officers rather than them treating us like a security company. We need a swat team but they dont want anything having to do with real Police work. Again, just let some type of unfortunate situation arise here in the University and maybe we'll get more.

Re: re: Stop Hating

Listen real Stew, get over it already the purpose of this forum is to remain anonymous and to speak your piece. If you really think someone is going to tell you who they really are like your dumb a$% did then you are really stupid.
    You've already spoke your piece and stated it wasn't you, so stoping whining and find something else to discuss. Something that's more important that your feelings being HURT!

And who really wants to reveal themselves to you when all you care about is who's bashing the CHIEF! OH my bad! your actually kissing A$% just in case the chief reads this. Now he knows that your a brown noser, in that case you will have a bright future with FIU.

FYI: Try supporting your fellow officers like your doing for YOUR CHIEF!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast