IF I COULD BE SHERIFF WHAT WOULD I LIKE TO SEE DONE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IF I COULD BE SHERIFF WHAT WOULD I LIKE TO SEE DONE

If you could be sheriff what would you like to see done, yes your department has come up out of the well, but what else is there that could be done. I know there are many very smart leo's out there and just to let ya know i don't work for your department in any way i work indirectly with leo's i see and here there frustrations and also i am honored to have many of them as my friend.

have a safe shift.

please don't use this area to be smart butts. this is a serious question

who could this be

who could this be? maybe our admin in disguise looking for campaign material

The very first thing that would be done is to get rid of Mark Schrader . He is by far one of the main problems that exist with the S.O.

The LEB major would be replaced. If you were to take a pole of the grunts 75 percent would say this is the answer to a much much happier S.O. I know it has been peaceful with him gone to quantico. The micro management has stopped, the ..... emails have stopped, the encouragement has increased, etc.

The dispatch would be replaced. Way to many lazy ass people, the training appears to suck. Listen to APPD and their dispatch. They are much better. Don't get me wrong there are a few good people up there, and some that try their best but they were doomed from the beginning by a lack of good professional training. Additional personnel would help them to, by the way how many bosses does dispatch have? Still trying to figure out what the difference between BG and HC positions are.

This is not good campaign material but if you did 10-87 2100, u'd get several votes back including mine. Oh and, this is my personal opinion not that of the Highlands County Sheriff's Office.

Re: who could this be

Quote Originally Posted by ah oh
    No sir or maam please know i am not admin

Re: who could this be

Quote Originally Posted by ah oh
    '

No sir or maam this is not admin

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The LEB major would be replaced. If you were to take a pole of the grunts 75 percent would say this is the answer to a much much happier S.O. I know it has been peaceful with him gone to quantico. The micro management has stopped, the ..... emails have stopped, the encouragement has increased, etc.

The dispatch would be replaced. Way to many lazy ass people, the training appears to suck. Listen to APPD and their dispatch. They are much better. Don't get me wrong there are a few good people up there, and some that try their best but they were doomed from the beginning by a lack of good professional training. Additional personnel would help them to, by the way how many bosses does dispatch have? Still trying to figure out what the difference between BG and HC positions are.

ok we have on the table that you are top heavy, and and your dispatch needs an overhaul with major training. those are valid issues.

This is not good campaign material but if you did 10-87 2100, u'd get several votes back including mine. Oh and, this is my personal opinion not that of the Highlands County Sheriff's Office.

JUDGEMENT

If you believe Sheriff Benton does not the very best intentions for the Sheriff's office or Highlands County then you do not know her. I know that intentions are not everything. However she has backed up her intentions by getting employees better pay, better equipment, concern for officer safety is never forgotten along with more patrol coverage for the county's continuing growing population and she has accomplished this with unwavering determination. Anyone can second guess leadership and the woman in charge but I believe that to judge her leadership without
    realizing we do not always have the total picture is just plan disrespectful!

No division has had as many growing pains as Communications, and I believe that they are doing a great job! What other division has taken on fire and EMS along with SPD during a total software change troughout the department while cross training dispatchers? If the person that would like to replace HCSO dispatch has ever worked in a Communications room then maybe they would have the right to complain however most of us know that not every one CAN BE a dispatcher. As for APPD dispatchers and them doing a great job then good for them. However they do not have the work load that the HCSO consolidated comunications center has -NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

HC is the Director which is like a LT and BG is the Administrator which is like a Captain - Just because their division has civilian employees does not mean that they do not need knowledgable leadership like any other division. I would also like to point out that they have a large personnel shortage and that training a new dispatcher is ON THE JOB training and can take six months or in most cases longer. I KNOW that dispatch are doing the best they can and maybe not ever one is lazy maybe THEY ARE JUST BURNED OUT and have trouble shinning every second.

Re: JUDGEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by IN THE KNOW
    If you believe Sheriff Benton does not the very best intentions for the Sheriff's office or Highlands County then you do not know her. I know that intentions are not everything. However she has backed up her intentions by getting employees better pay, better equipment, concern for officer safety is never forgotten along with more patrol coverage for the county's continuing growing population and she has accomplished this with unwavering determination. Anyone can second guess leadership and the woman in charge but I believe that to judge her leadership without

No division has had as many growing pains as Communications, and I believe that they are doing a great job! What other division has taken on fire and EMS along with SPD during a total software change troughout the department while cross training dispatchers? If the person that would like to replace HCSO dispatch has ever worked in a Communications room then maybe they would have the right to complain however most of us know that not every one CAN BE a dispatcher. As for APPD dispatchers and them doing a great job then good for them. However they do not have the work load that the HCSO consolidated comunications center has -NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

HC is the Director which is like a LT and BG is the Administrator which is like a Captain - Just because their division has civilian employees does not mean that they do not need knowledgable leadership like any other division. I would also like to point out that they have a large personnel shortage and that training a new dispatcher is ON THE JOB training and can take six months or in most cases longer. I KNOW that dispatch are doing the best they can and maybe not ever one is lazy maybe THEY ARE JUST BURNED OUT and have trouble shinning every second.

you have made some valid points. not so much on benton but on your dispatch. keep up the good work

Re: JUDGEMENT

Quote Originally Posted by IN THE KNOW
    I agree she has moved us forward.

Yes. there have been major changes that took place. You all have adapted and have made it functional. I sincerely hope we are not striving for functional as our bar of success. The work load is ridiculous and needs to be redistributed and better managed. Due to the workload the problems proposed manifest. The trainers are far to busy to train the new communicators correctly, although they are oblivious to this as they were trained in the same environment. When the patching of channels is required to accommodate breaks something is wrong.

So let me get this right, we have a captain who has a lieutenant to whom they are responsible for, and that is it? Where are the other Lt's? It certainly seems we have a problem in our span of control. Don't get me wrong both of the mentioned people are good people but we certainly could use them more efficiently.

So in summary we have the following:
    A burned out, over worked, functional, dispatch center with a new computer system, managing two marginal at best radio channels, and the ever so classic 10-23 on your 10-50, landline 911.. I'd hate to be the predictor of the future but smells as if we have a recipe for disaster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast