Ponder this
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ponder this

Ponder this

It's pretty well known that Gov. Crist is popular. Accordingly, he will no doubt serve two terms. Know what that means?

We will have Cindy Casey, Virgadamo, Watts, Sellers, Sampson, Jones, Smith, Britt, Hill for a long, long, long time. So, for all you CO clones the future looks bright.

Re: Ponder this

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It's pretty well known that Gov. Crist is popular. Accordingly, he will no doubt serve two terms. Know what that means?

We will have Cindy Casey, Virgadamo, Watts, Sellers, Sampson, Jones, Smith, Britt, Hill for a long, long, long time. So, for all you CO clones the future looks bright.
    Dont bet on it..I know she isnt or shouldnt.

Jerry Geier is far and away the best of the bunch in Tallahassee. The sad thing about the future for him is that based on the immediate past in ABT, he will have at best another 8 months. Then the political forces from above will be unable to resist the temptation to insert one of their boys or girls into his office. The shameful effect of this is that Jerry, who has 30 years of enforcement experience and has run very, very large sheriff's office both inside and outside Florida, will be unable to create a management team, establish management goals, execute manageable plans, and see management outcomes. They should offer him a lifetime contract, nationally competitive pay (that would mean just about doubling what he gets now), and genuine budget control. He is the right person for the job and will have an impact on the dreadful morale, ridiculous policies, and sky high agent turnover. But, the big question is, how long until they run him off?

Pure trash talk.

Re: Geier supporter

Well the only one who won't be around that long is Geier. CH has given him a 1 year life expectancy. She has already been told that a Captain from FLPD who will be retiring in 13 months will be the next chief. (Friend of Drago). I think she knew this when she "demanded" loyalty from him and ordered him to remove his application or else be demoted back to major. This shows what kind of character she is.

He is the only decent guy in the bunch. I hope he finds a better position before they hand him a crate to move out his stuff.

How could he not see this was the way it would end for him? This is how it has always been at ABT Enforcement. If I knew him on a personal basis I would call him and tell him this. Since I don't, this forum will have to suffice.
    Orderd him to remove his application from where?

Pure trash talk.
    Apologies if you think that was trash talk, you need to read some of the other posts! The intentiion was not to trash talk, the post was complimentary of Geier! Hope they let him do his thing.

What was trashy? Saying that something needs to be done about the agent turnover, the management problems, or the policies? None of those are throwaway problems here.

Don't cry a tear for him. He knew all this going into the job. People tried to talk him out of taking this position for just this reason...

Alas poor Geier, I knew him well...

Come on. Do any of you believe that someone with as much experience in law enforcement as Geier, doesn't already have a plan in place.

There is no way he went into this blind. I am sure he is looking elsewhere & I predict he will get a better job before they axe him. The reason he took this job was to take on the challenge but also to beef up his resume. Now that he has the "Chief" title he is very marketable.

I would have done the same thing in his position but with the knowledge that I have to leave soon on my own terms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast