And our Taxes Continue to go up! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: And our Taxes Continue to go up!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hey, let me say this. I am not form this area, but have been in law enforcement for 20 years. I visted Murphy, and saw some of the deputies. The dress like slobs! I visited the new sheriff's office, and it appears to be alot about nothing! All kinds of wasted money on needless garbage. The only deputy there that seemed to know a little about anything was from Florida. He said the the place has come a long way, but far from a professional department. Plus he said the discriminate against florida officers.
    I am assuming that you meant to say "they" when you said "The". Often when you judge you cast the shadow of the image on yourself. It is easy to post an anonymous posting whereby we have nothing to compare your opinion with to see if it has merit.

Observations of the results of the people by far are better measures than where they work or what they are wearing. One can look professional and be totally incompetent as has happened with some individuals both from "here" as well as from "other states." However there are others, both home grown and outside bred, that are, and have been great law enforcement officers and do as well as have done a great job. Often times these folks may have gone unnoticed but have been recognized for their dedicated work, because I speak of the living and the dead.

It has been a two way street here in this maligned county that some are misunderstood while others try to force ways and measures that may work but are not always wanted or understood as being better. As well, change for change sake does not always constitute a move for the better. I have found that pushing to make the change will often find resistance where subtle redirection will often win out. I have also found that there have been times where the new and different way may not have worked.

Pride and professinalism are necessary in law enforcement. I would hope that as Cherokee County grows and the Sheriff's Office continues to grow that it continues on the professional route and that all members would have pride and maintain professionalism not only in dress but in actions. I too hope that as the Office grows there will be more tolerence of outsiders but as for now I believe that all who are presently working are treated with the utmost respect.

Just a thought or two. God bless on His day.

I am soooo sick of people complaining about what our officers are being paid! What would you "charge" to go into the middle of an unknown situation? Would you go into a home where a domestic situation was in progress and lets say there were intoxicated persons involved with I don't know.... a gun? Would you do it for say 7.00 an hour? What is the problem? Please tell me what you think is fair???????????????

I hate to inform you, but oficers here in small country towns are nothing but high paid security guards. When was the last time an officer was assaulted, or killed in Murphy? In large cities they are assaulted daily, and killed every year. This town is a joke. I have been visiting here for years and speak with the fellow deputies. None of them would last a month working for a large department. If they could, they would not be here making the money they make. Trust me!!!! Just read the local new papers and you will see what a joke it is. That is the way they want to keep things, keep the dump and ignorant. When any good ones come along, they find a reason to run them out of town, or off the force. Speak to the people living here, they will will tell you how many great ones have been run off. Todays force is in many ways worse than it was 10 years ago.

Lightbulb Re: And our Taxes Continue to go up!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I hate to inform you, but oficers here in small country towns are nothing but high paid security guards. When was the last time an officer was assaulted, or killed in Murphy? In large cities they are assaulted daily, and killed every year. This town is a joke. I have been visiting here for years and speak with the fellow deputies. None of them would last a month working for a large department. If they could, they would not be here making the money they make. Trust me!!!! Just read the local new papers and you will see what a joke it is. That is the way they want to keep things, keep the dump and ignorant. When any good ones come along, they find a reason to run them out of town, or off the force. Speak to the people living here, they will will tell you how many great ones have been run off. Todays force is in many ways worse than it was 10 years ago.
    First we should not trust you because you speak ill of those that do put their lives on the line daily. Per capita officers here are as endangered as in large cities. I am glad that we do not have the scum that thrives in the larger cities. However be it, we do have to live with the bottom feeders that lurk in the dark muddy waters that they so pollute with the feces they spout. Life is invaluable no matter whose life it is. If we take and waste what we have been given then we look as if we have accomplished nothing. It makes no difference what size a department you come from but rather what you can and have accomplished when you work or have worked for them. As usual with posts such as yours we see that you are a disgruntled person that only feels big city policing is the way to go and here we are the Andy Griffiths. My question is why come here and malign if you are unhappy take a hint and MOVE, no one is holding you here. However if you really want to help encourage and assist you might find that more rewarding and find out that such a place as this really is a great place to live.

Do not worry Roger, or Mitch, you will be the first to go and cry foul when you get booted one day.

His girlfriend at Fatbacks is screwing around.

And you were born naked so what?? How juvenile do we get??? :wink:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12