PBA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBA

PBA

Can we call an emergency meeting with the PBA, The Chief and Major and bring all these points to their attention one more time, only this time we threaten to stay home and not come to work. They can't fire the whole freaking department, I mean grow some balls. I think it is time that we take the City back and put an end to all the BS we're being put through. The PBA has to come through for us, it's time that we get the service that we are paying for.

Be careful guys. PBA you might want to talk to your members and inform them what problems they will encounter with the department and State, CJST should they initiate a work stopage or slow down. Just a friendly suggestion.

Balls!!

What you suggested is illegal and takes balls!! We have enough people in our department to do illegal things, but Balls!!! That is a different question! But I give you points for your motivation and Ballsss!!!

No Sick out

If we did not do a work slowdown or a blu-flu to Bolanos and he deserved it, I refuse to do it to Overton!!!! That is weak!! We should have done it to Bolanos and none of us had the ballsSS!!! Overton deserves better even if I disagree with his Commander BS that is going to make this place an A$S kissing contest!! Specially when we have a new Chief or Mayor!!!!

Overton does what he does because he thinks it is best. I disagree withh him on more things than I ever thought I would, but I still respect him.

I agree. If it was not done to Bolanus (who desreved it), why in the hell would you want to do this to Overton? I refuse and frown upon those who entertain that crap.

Re: PBA

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Can we call an emergency meeting with the PBA, The Chief and Major and bring all these points to their attention one more time, only this time we threaten to stay home and not come to work. They can't fire the whole freaking department, I mean grow some balls. I think it is time that we take the City back and put an end to all the BS we're being put through. The PBA has to come through for us, it's time that we get the service that we are paying for.

Do you have some sort of speech impediment????

It's "Mayor" not "Major" you idiot..

Re: PBA

Do you have some sort of speech impediment????

he used to be a viandero before a PO

It's "Mayor" not "Major" you idiot..

It's not about doing it to Overton, it's about letting the Major know that we need some changes and we need them soon. I respect Overton as well but that respect will not get us what we need. If Overton has to go somewhere else tomorrow for the better of his family, I'm sure he will not hesitate and he'll leave us here in Hialeah. I do not blame him for that, this is a job and not a marrige. I'm sure Overton and anyone will not go to far to get us what we need, that is what we need to do. We need to go as far as it takes to show the city that we mean business and it's time that we get what we deserve.

This is not about loyalty, it's about our future and our families' as well.

Since nobody here has the balls to say it like it is directly to the source, the Major and the Chief, let's start writing them letters and flood 501 Palm and the Chief's office with tons of letters.

Power

Simple solution. The elections are coming in November. Our Mayor, not Major I think, is a republican and will back one of the candidates. The last thing he needs is bad publicity for the republican party here in Florida. A state that might be crucial to either party! Who ever carries Florida will probably carry the election!!

That is politics! Lets get with the PBA reps and see what we can do. However, with the new tax reform legislation that passed last Tuesday even the Mayor's hands will be a little tied. But I am sure we can get something like not being charged for the take homes!! Interesting question. The Mayor stated he needed to charge us for the people that have take homes because the city was short on money. I will give him that one. But the City has money to make Commanders!!! Which will cost more not only up front but when they retire. Remember the three highest years count towards retirement. At 95,000 a year it will boost many peoples retirement. I am happy for them, but it must work both ways! What is this selective money shortages!!! Even Chief Overton must be held accountable for this one!

Again rally around your reps, specially the one with the high pitch woman's voice! They got Bolanos out of here or at least help a great deal! Also PBA reps elections will be coming in April and some of the officers with less than 5 years on need to run. The power in the coming years will be with you and its about time you exercise it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast