Let the games begin...but first - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OCPD

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I am one of OCPD's finest. The people that work here are the finest bunch of blue uniforms I've ever met!!!!! The residents aren't bad either.
    Thanks for the ataboy. I'd put ours up aginst any in the nation...

Res

Them injuns are gettin the best of the best and they are willing to pay for it. No - money aint everything, but it sure helps pay the bills.

Quality

Quality is in the individuals, not the department. The quality that our men and women have is what makes OPD a quality department.

Money? I have 28 years with the City of Okeechobee and can tell you honestly that I have averaged just over $1,000.00 per year raise. I really don't think that is bad. When I started in 1981, I brought home $147.00 a week. Now? Almost $600. Life is good.....

If someone wants to go elsewhere, believes they are bettering themselves and makes 5 to 10 grand more a year with perks - I cannot fault them.

Re: Rez

Quote Originally Posted by ! O Baby Softbaler !
    Quote Originally Posted by guest (uninvited)
    to avoid the "middle man", should we send our officers that leave straight to the reservation?

Resevation is not all that, trust me. Money aint everything.
    Don't be fooled son, just because you dont like it here oesnt mean we dont... Its working out JUST FINE !
    Can you fault someone for trying to better themselves??/

great topic

Great )))))))))))))
    WBR,
    Alex

this sounds better

Posted: 03/16/08 09:17:52 Post subject: topping out on your pay?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well heres a thought for you......6.5% pay raise 2 yrs ago.
    which without all the opposition.. probably (not saying it would have)
    would have become a 3 yr plan which is usually the case when a bargaining agreement is reached.
    6.5 plus, 6.5 plus, 6.5 percent equals 19.5% pay increase over 3 yrs.

lets break this down.

say you make 40K
    first year pay goes to......42,600
    second year pay goes to.....45,369
    third year pay goes to.....48,317......wow

now lets break this down
    say you make 40k
    first year pay goes to.....42,600
    second year paywent to.....44,602
    third year pay ????.....im guessing.....44,602.
    3,715 dollar difference

breaks down into roughly 310.00 dollars per month. a nice car payment
    or with the cost of fuel rising everyday a tank of gas.
    but it wont happen.
    all because.
    it would not have hurt anyone.
    EVERY officer would have benefitted
    EVERY officer.

Re: Quality

Quote Originally Posted by opdbs
    Quality is in the individuals, not the department. The quality that our men and women have is what makes OPD a quality department.

Money? I have 28 years with the City of Okeechobee and can tell you honestly that I have averaged just over $1,000.00 per year raise. I really don't think that is bad. When I started in 1981, I brought home $147.00 a week. Now? Almost $600. Life is good.....

If someone wants to go elsewhere, believes they are bettering themselves and makes 5 to 10 grand more a year with perks - I cannot fault them.
    Whats wrong with trying to make 5 to 10 grand more a year with perks HERE someday in the not so distant future. i for one would love to see this department be more than just a place to get a few years of experience.

The only thing i have about the RES is that they need to control them injuns so we dont have too. Oh, and maybe help control the drugs that are being manufactured and destributed to our areas. Maybe one day.

Re: Quality

Quote Originally Posted by opdbs

you guys must really love your jobs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12