Tax Vote - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax Vote

make it 6

You guys have to admit TJ can write a good letter for the sheriff. I meen look at all the articles he wrote talking about how wonderful the Mac is. And then had them published in the PNJ. Talk about an arse kisser. Now I know that he is a model law enforcement figure and that he is perfect at his job and never ever makes mistakes. If you don't believe me just ask him, he'll tell you how perfect he is. He actually made A-North the great shift it was ask his co-workers. By the way TJ, you still don't have us fooled that you don't have your shirt taken in at the arms to make you look like She-ra. Dude your shirts were loose one day and tight as hell the next. But of course you do work right next to your biggest idol Capt. A. If you really believe you deserve to make Lt. then more power to you. But one things for sure we know different. Your promotion was a joke. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There was money for some promotions, will there be money for our raise? I believe the BCC gave the sheriff 1% for raises, how will the mighty sheriff spend the funds?

He did give raises. The ones that got promoted got it.

Big Mac was so worried about this big tax amendment that he went ahead and made 17 promotions at a cost of how much? Now he is left back peddling about how he refuses to lay off deputies. Wasn't he just threatening to do just that if this passed?

? How long will it be before GEORGE T. is working at the sheriff's office, as a
    budget advisor?

He is going to be the Director for "Consolidation of Services".

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    He is going to be the Director for "Consolidation of Services".
    I don't care as long as he gets rid of the money pit jail that is bleeding us dry. The cost of operation, bloated jail admin salaries and incompetent jail management are going to bankrupt the whole ECSO if the sheriff doesn't act quickly.

Godspeed Ronnie Mac!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    ........as long as he gets rid of the money pit jail that is bleeding us dry. The cost of operation, bloated jail admin salaries and incompetent jail management are going to bankrupt the whole ECSO if the sheriff doesn't act quickly.

Godspeed Ronnie Mac!
    According to the S/O website, the:
    L/E budget is $52, 962,824.
    Jail budget is $31,019,263.
    Court budget is $1, 887,930.

How is the "jail bleeding the S/O dry"? IS the Sheriff spending more than $31,019,263 than he requested and published as the jail budget?

All the changes implemented at the jail were done under McNesby direction. In changes I mean the:
    1) addition of two Captains;
    2) reclassification of two Captains to Directors;
    3) reclassification of 19 Corporals to Sergeant;
    4) reclassification of 5 Sergeants to Lieutenants;
    5) reclassification of civilian positions to Sworn/Supervisory positions;
    (each of the reclassifications....were really promotions for doing the same job but with an increased salary.)
    6) the outsourcing of operations to private, for profit, entities (these entities are profiting at the expense of all other operations.)

Thanks to changes implemented by Dennis Williams, every security shift has seen a decrease in manpower of approximately 25%. Due to staff shortages, employees are mandated to work on their days off for comptime. These same employees are not being allowed to take leave due to the shortages. If anything is happening, jail money is being allocated for L/E activities (ie...overtime) and not vice versa.

The majority of problems at the jail are the direct result of two issues:
    1) lack of staffing;
    2) for profit service companies.

If you think the jail admin is incomptetent, you must be talking about Chief Smith. Smith controls everything at the jail. The two "Directors" are basically figureheads who arent allowed to make changes without prior authorization by the Chief.

McNesby (and company) is so incompetent that he doesnt have a clue to solve the problems created by Dennis Williams. He sees the easy way out is to admit his failure and give the jail back to the BCC. By doing so, he accomplishes two things:
    1) He can tell taxpayers he doesnt get $80 million of the budget; and
    2) He can let someone else decide how to fix the problems he created.

Come this time next year the entire SO (For that matter all of Escambia County) will be in better shape as there will be someone else running operations. I for one wont miss McNesby and his incomptent staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper

All the changes implemented at the jail were done under McNesby direction. In changes I mean the:
    1) addition of two Captains;
    2) reclassification of two Captains to Directors;
    3) reclassification of 19 Corporals to Sergeant;
    4) reclassification of 5 Sergeants to Lieutenants;
    5) reclassification of civilian positions to Sworn/Supervisory positions;
    (each of the reclassifications....were really promotions for doing the same job but with an increased salary.)
    6) the outsourcing of operations to private, for profit, entities (these entities are profiting at the expense of all other operations.)
    And lets not forget when he took office he raised detention pay to LEO pay...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast