FIU POLICE Dept

Thread: FIU POLICE Dept

FIU POLICE Dept

FYI
    hey guys, Florida International University Police Department has a spot now

good for them, now they're gonna have new football stadium that means more overtime, bring the MLS,new medical school, clinic, now they gonna get all the rejects from Jackson hospital, and to finalise the metro rail.

Hi, I'm an officer with a State University and I had a question about U of Miami PD. Yesterday during the blackouts, CNN showed a police officer who they identified as a "University of Miami/Coral Gables Police Officer" directing traffic next to campus. Are UM Cops just Coral Gables PO's who have been assigned to the campus? Thank you and stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by CampusCop
    Hi, I'm an officer with a State University and I had a question about U of Miami PD. Yesterday during the blackouts, CNN showed a police officer who they identified as a "University of Miami/Coral Gables Police Officer" directing traffic next to campus. Are UM Cops just Coral Gables PO's who have been assigned to the campus? Thank you and stay safe!
    No they are a police department for the University of Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by CampusCop
    No they are a police department for the University of Miami.
    Thank you- I've never understood how a private corporation (which, in essence a private university is) can have a police force, but I guess if the railroad companies can have one so can private universities!

Unregistered

Question

Is chief Casas still there?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1189256
    Thank you- I've never understood how a private corporation (which, in essence a private university is) can have a police force, but I guess if the railroad companies can have one so can private universities!
    According to FDLE standards and State of Florida, the U of M Police Department is illegal. If you don’t thinks thats correct, then why are their PO’s sworn in under the Gables Chief. Also check out how their NCIC computer is authorized. Just saying.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    According to FDLE standards and State of Florida, the U of M Police Department is illegal. If you don’t thinks thats correct, then why are their PO’s sworn in under the Gables Chief. Also check out how their NCIC computer is authorized. Just saying.

Legally we are Coral Gables police officers working for UM, they are the ones that gives us authorization/sworn to work.