Reps
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reps

Reps

Hello Folks, I was just thinking about something and decided to post a couple of questions. I'm not trying to be overly negative, or slam on anyone. Just something to think about.

1) Why are several supervisors acting as PBA Reps. when we have no even had any kind of election, or appointment for them.
    2) If they are authorized to act as Reps., why are they all supervisors. I for one think that while Sgt's need a rep to take care of thier needs, the majority of the reps should be officers. I think it is a conflict of interest having dept. supervisors as reps.
    3) Why are all boards in the department Div. I and Div II Pensions, and Civil Service controlled by Department Supervisors, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I do not believe one person of officer rank is on any of these boards. One might argue that they know the most about the pensions, however the pensions boards will send you to school to learn about them, so this argument does no hold merit. Once again, I'm not saying anyone has done a bad job, but these are just some things to think about.

What all this boils down to is everyone needs to GET INVOLVED, and think about these things when these elections come up.

Re: Reps

Quote Originally Posted by LW Guy
    Hello Folks, I was just thinking about something and decided to post a couple of questions. I'm not trying to be overly negative, or slam on anyone. Just something to think about.

1) Why are several supervisors acting as PBA Reps. when we have no even had any kind of election, or appointment for them.
    2) If they are authorized to act as Reps., why are they all supervisors. I for one think that while Sgt's need a rep to take care of thier needs, the majority of the reps should be officers. I think it is a conflict of interest having dept. supervisors as reps.
    3) Why are all boards in the department Div. I and Div II Pensions, and Civil Service controlled by Department Supervisors, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I do not believe one person of officer rank is on any of these boards. One might argue that they know the most about the pensions, however the pensions boards will send you to school to learn about them, so this argument does no hold merit. Once again, I'm not saying anyone has done a bad job, but these are just some things to think about.

What all this boils down to is everyone needs to GET INVOLVED, and think about these things when these elections come up.

ANSWERS:

1. They were appointed by the county PBA president to act as temporary reps until the actuary study is done (KW said it should be done in a week). Then we would hold elections and you can nominate and vote for whomever you desire(you would have known that if you attended the 1st PBA meeting and not listened to the rumor mill.....or are you the rumor mill ???? Hmmmmm..... :?

2.They appear to be acting as reps because no one else has stepped up. When elections are held, there will be 2 reps and one alternate. Oh, and them seem to be interested in the whole dept not just themselves and their hanger-ons (like the FO-ME) :twisted:

3.The pension boards, I belive reps are elected by vote, so you have no one to blame for "your" lack of representation but yourself. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, the last officer on the pension board wanted the "new" officers to pay for a 4% multiplier for the senior officers and himself (FO-ME) :twisted:

Like you said, none of the current board members or reps have done a bad job, rather I think they are doing a good job at a bad time. As you said, more people need to get involved and show some intrest. :shock:

Hi brothers and sisters remember we need officers as reps not the chiefs puppets like in the past. One Lt was all ready heard saying that the reps need to be controlled by Sgts and that nobody will get to be assigned a PBA attorney unless they go through a rep, don't let this happen do not vote for any SGTS for reps.
    When I first came hear I heard one of the reps attempted to get the union not to assign a lawer to certin members this was wrong and this was one of the Sgts who now is an acting rep.

If we don't act we lose remember this is our union not thge chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

They city still hasn't signed the contract allowing the PBA to take over the contract, rumor has it the city is sitting down soon with the PBA and they want to get out of the last year in the contract in exchange for the 11 hour shift.

We need to stick to our guns and not let them take what we already have, and we need to get more for the 11 hour shift like other departments ended up with when they bargined for them. Don't sell us short.

Remember it's money our of our pocket.

Re: Reps

Quote Originally Posted by ANSWERS
    Quote Originally Posted by LW Guy

ANSWERS:

1. They were appointed by the county PBA president to act as temporary reps until the actuary study is done (KW said it should be done in a week). Then we would hold elections and you can nominate and vote for whomever you desire(you would have known that if you attended the 1st PBA meeting and not listened to the rumor mill.....or are you the rumor mill ???? Hmmmmm..... :?

2.They appear to be acting as reps because no one else has stepped up. When elections are held, there will be 2 reps and one alternate. Oh, and them seem to be interested in the whole dept not just themselves and their hanger-ons (like the FO-ME) :twisted:

3.The pension boards, I belive reps are elected by vote, so you have no one to blame for "your" lack of representation but yourself. I think, if my memory serves me correctly, the last officer on the pension board wanted the "new" officers to pay for a 4% multiplier for the senior officers and himself (FO-ME) :twisted:

Like you said, none of the current board members or reps have done a bad job, rather I think they are doing a good job at a bad time. As you said, more people need to get involved and show some intrest. :shock:
    ops: I guess my simple questions struck some kind of nerve, sorry, just some things I wanted to point out. And I don't think that any of them were rumors, just fact.

Remember guy's one of these reps was the person that allowed the chief to make the part time dispatchers to pick thier shifts before full time dispatchers and we all siad that wasn't right.

This reps wife is a part time dispatcher maybe thats why he gave in ?

Don't vote for him when its time he will sell you out.

The pension board member was appointed by the Chief , it was Lt Moss, there was no election or even a meeting it was all done in secreat

We need to request a vote for a pension rep, the D/C has can not just apoint who he wants.

Brother's and sister's when deciding who you want for a union rep, make the decsion based on who you think will do the best job and who will do the best job for everyone and not just for his own intrests, look at each person running and check out thier back ground and see what they have done in the past and what thier motive is for running.
    Atleast one of the persons who is an acting rep now was the a PBA rep years ago and he is the one that brought in the FOP and was actully kicked out of the PBA for doing so. He is the same person that when he was a rep he allowed the chief to have the part time dispachters to be the first to pick thier shifts out of what OT was avalible in dispatch. His wife was and still is a part time dipatcher and I think that answers why he allowed this to happen.This is the same person who tried to have several members not to be repasented by the FOP even though he admitted that he belived that they did nothing wrong.This is the same person that was heard talking to a certin LT and agreeing that once the PBA comes in only reps will decide who gets repasented by the PBA and who doesn't.

Only one hint he runs the traffic unit.

vote for a rep that acts out of everyones best intrest and not for his own gain or is the chiefs pet.

TAX CUT"S

Well brother's and sister's if you haven't heard the property tax admenment passed and that means less money for the city now it's time to see what's going to be cut. Will it be our raise's?

Remember the city hasn't signed over the right to the contract from the FOP to the PBA and for any of you that know's the history of the city they failed to pay several year's of our contract when they had no money.

The ride is going to get wild hold on and let's see what's next.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast