Time For Terry Lewis To Go - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I ask again, please defend the current administration and present your case as to how strong and positive this leadership is for the City of North Port. Has the current Admin corrected the issues from 2011, maybe them better, worse or the same. I have asked for the past year repeatedly for a case to support the Admin, havent found any takers.. so please state your case and dont just put down those that are pointing out the issues.

The reason why nobody comes on here to defend admin is because all the usual knuckleheads on this board are either crazy, lazy, bitter, or a part of the problem. It's such a small few. We all know who they are and it's simply not worth the effort. They will never change. the reason they are upset is because admin is making an effort to cut the fat and they're it. The only sad thing is you believe them all. A bunch of keyboard warriors with a self serving agenda. If you think they are speaking out for the overall good of this police department you are sadly mistaken. Nothing but selfish.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The reason why nobody comes on here to defend admin is because all the usual knuckleheads on this board are either crazy, lazy, bitter, or a part of the problem. It's such a small few. We all know who they are and it's simply not worth the effort. They will never change. the reason they are upset is because admin is making an effort to cut the fat and they're it. The only sad thing is you believe them all. A bunch of keyboard warriors with a self serving agenda. If you think they are speaking out for the overall good of this police department you are sadly mistaken. Nothing but selfish.
    I certainly could qualify as Crazy, Lazy, Bitter and I have an especially intimate relationship with SAD but do not underestimate some of the very real and clear problems that need to be acknowledge and addressed. Those facts have nothing to do with frustrations expressed on these forums by the public, current and former offficers. It is a very healthy outlet and wise leadership wouldn’t judge but rather listen to the underlying truths, recognize where you can and take meaningful actions to correct. As for what I believe, I am of the Reagan era.. it is all trust but verify. So if I say it as fact.. it aint humpty dumpty and grumpy that you allude to.

I get there are probably a lot of discipline changes needed but do not expect me to go quietly into the good night while the principle failure skates. Nope, not buying that. Vespia is responsible and should be held accountable. As a taxpayer, I want my money’s worth and clearly Vespia has failed. It is time to recruit a new perspective to rebrand the identity of NPPD.

We have all failed at something.. it happens, we pay the price, move on and everyone is better for the change. For this voter, Vespia failed.

Unregistered
    Where the hell do you work, you certainly are not out there answering calls, this place is a mess, manpower shortages,no room for advancement, Your hero has seen to that and the list goes on, you either are already admin and everything is so peachy or your kissing ass. Like it or not things need to change. Cant handle the truth, ignore the site !!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Just for your information, I am not in the Administration. I am however a new officer that put in for 6 different departments and Chief finally gave me the opportunity to be a police officer here when others wouldn't. I will be forever grateful to him and think he is the greatest leader.

Unregistered
    Just for your information, I am not in the Administration. I am however a new officer that put in for 6 different departments and Chief finally gave me the opportunity to be a police officer here when others wouldn't. I will be forever grateful to him and think he is the greatest leader.
    You were right kiss the old kv --- Ho Hum to the great leader thank you for hiring a police officer others would not. Hum Thank you oh great leader

Unregistered
    As a rookie I would like your take on a few publicly documented legal problems our admin is responsible for.

An out of control k9 division, resistance to releasing documents to the public, and Stingray.

Unregistered
    Here it is, 6 different departments, hmmm 6, so now we have scraped the bottom of the barrel. Remember the days when we had 100 applicants in one testing period, qualified, and the rejects were never ever considered . Six departments wow and no one but vespia would give you a shot, says alot right there. Should we address you as Captain or Commander now, you seem to certainly have the qualifications !!!!!! Can anyone spell suck ass

Unregistered
    Here it is, 6 different departments, hmmm 6, so now we have scraped the bottom of the barrel. Remember the days when we had 100 applicants in one testing period, qualified, and the rejects were never ever considered . Six departments wow and no one but vespia would give you a shot, says alot right there. Should we address you as Captain or Commander now, you seem to certainly have the qualifications !!!!!! Can anyone spell suck ass
    Oh, someone came on here and said something positive and gets slammed. Guess it gets in the way of the fabrication agenda. Big surprise yet again. Everything is so bad. Crime is down, officers have raises (for the next three years), there is more accountability, mental health training is ongoing, new vehicles, etc. Stop crying. I bet it's the accountability thing really bothering you huh?

Unregistered
    Crime is down, officers have raises (for the next three years), there is more accountability, mental health trainin!g is ongoing, new vehicles, etc. Stop crying. I bet it's the accountability thing really bothering you huh?
    Straight out of the Facebook and North Port Sun PR machines. More correctly, straight out the mouth of our departments PR officer.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

I'll cry if i want too..

Oh, someone came on here and said something positive and gets slammed. Guess it gets in the way of the fabrication agenda. Big surprise yet again. Everything is so bad. Crime is down, officers have raises (for the next three years), there is more accountability, mental health training is ongoing, new vehicles, etc. Stop crying. I bet it's the accountability thing really bothering you huh?
    'Fabrication agenda...' oh hell no, there is a whole lot less fabrication from this site than there is from vespia. so uhm well before you embarass yourself, you should fact check what you are spewing.

1. Officers have raises: Minimum raises and not makeup for the lost year. Please review City Hall and PD Admin adjustments compared to rank n file for the same 5 years.

2. More accountability: I am all about THAT.. do tell us more, did vespia demote himself, resign or get fired?

3. MH Training is on going.. Really it is?
    - Bi Annual CIT training still is ongoing i guess.. we can get 4 officers a year through.
    Summer of 2015 - vespia communicated we had 66 officers with CIT
    May of 2016 - reconcilation done by me now shows we have 57 LEOs with the CIT training
    (That is per PD records, i still have some verification, but accepting all numbers as NPPD provided we are trending the wrong direction...)
    - "Leading Edge training" as communicated with the MH Task force last summer and later to me directly in vespia and Commander meeting is still being worked out. Captain U will update me further when he has an agenda or a schedule.. so i am thinking we are not quite there on the MH training yet..
    - Follow up Record request of all email between the City and Dr Thompson shows zero conversations about the development of the 'leading edge' training promised. (On a side note, there was email conversation about delivering some training to help those officers who deal with the ugliest of crimes (child sex related) will be getting some training to help them deal better with such. Kudos there.

4. New cars.. woohoo.. well that sure keeps the City safer.. sorry im sure those of you that drive them feel differently and i aint knocking new cars but dont tell me this indicates all is well in NPPD hell.

and for the record, i intend cry and WAIL if needed to ensure meaingful changes happen.. so get used to such or fix the problems and i will forever go away and leave you to your kingdom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast