Employment question - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sour grapes - I never said our pension was THE best. I just stated what it is. That will be something for the reps and PBA to work out in a few months. Though I wish we were FRS, our pension IS better than some other agencies.

Yes, there are plenty of off-duties. The more or less permenent details are bid about two weeks after we bid for the upcoming shift. (Shift changes are Jan/May/Sep - so the off-duty bids are around mid Dec, mid-april, and mid-Aug.)

Traffic details (construction) and other events (like the opening of Nordstroms's etc...) that come up are put out by e-mail, and whoever gets it -gets it.

There are also some "overtime" details that come up and are available (4th of July, holiday traffic, high holy days and others). "Prisoner transport" details on Friday and Saturday nights are OT. Lots of overtime and offduties as the holidays get close.

oh yeah

itz the best agency in dade county hands down.

If you bring your own knee pads to the interview you get extra bonus points

Dont forget to bring knee pads when you interview for a specialized unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    What will I need them for???

HEY GUEST YOU SOUND LIKE A BOZO...STAY UP NORTH WE GOT PLENTY OF BOZO'S DOWN SOUTH.

What will I need them for???
    for your ""oral"" interview of course!

Is there a freeze on your hiring right now.

To the interested applicant dont bother applying were at full staff.You sound like another loser that wants it all now. No..we dont have many off dutys anymore , and to the wise azzzz who said you need knee pads when you interview for a specialty unit. Your wrong....the department already knows who they want before you interview. The interview is just a formaility so they can say they gave everybody a chance.

oops

:twisted:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast