So many promotions when we can't afford supplies?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So many promotions when we can't afford supplies?

I am happy for the 17 or so employees that received promotions. I do have issue where some of them are going to be placed. With our sheriff ranting and raving about how much money he doesn't have and how he is going to have to lay people off I want to know why we need to promote a sergeant to lieutenant and then leave him in SRO so that we have 2 Lt.'s supervising about 10 people. This make sense? Did we in effect create a Lt. position we didn't need?

What about promoting a Sgt. to Lt. and then putting him over HSD. So now we have a $75,000 per year director, a Sgt. and a Lt. supervising how many people in HSD? At a cost of how much to our tax payers? How many people are actually assigned to HSD? I know the Air unit falls under them as well as the former boat unit and SWAT. Anyone else know?

I for one am ready for a change. We can't afford to get calenders this year and phones were taken from people that actually used them for work but we can afford to up the salaries of 17 more people while we have just taken more deputies off the streets.

The sheriff has shown his true colors to the detention division. He took supervisor positions from detention and will not promote again. Its being almost 5 years now without a promotion if you dont count the 2 token ones. 8 Sgts, 2 Lts, 1 Capt down and counting. Time for a change. You tell me?

All he is concerned about is how much campaign money he can stilff arm from employees. He just increased the number he can count on to ad to his war chest by 17.

To tell you the truth, if you look at the contribution list, the ones that got promoted ALREADY HAD GIVEN quite a nice sum.

The promotions were a thank you.

Now he'll expect more before their probationary period is over.

The problem for republicans is we are stuck with which idiot to vote for. I wish I could vote Democrat to start with because I would vote Scappechi all the way.

McNesby has not done much for the majority of his troops. he campaigned against Lowman with his primary grip being a high paid Admin. staff worth over 1 million dollars (insert best Dr. Evil voice). Now his Admin staff has ballooned to over 3 million doallars and its OK.

On a side note: Have any of you been to Morgan's website lately? He apparently did a public records request on money the sheriff paid to captains for working the fair. You will be very surprised to know that around $22,000 was paid in overtime from the sheriff's budget for his captains and a few special others to work the command bus at the fair this year. How do you like those green apples? See you later Ronnie Mac, you won't have my vote!

This information is wasted here. These comments should be placed in the Pensacola News Journal forum. There is a section for chat not related to actual articles in the news for that day or week.

We know what the problems are and have been, even in past administrations. Every Sheriff for the past 25 years has promised to trim the budget by getting rid of political appointees. Every sheriff for the past 25 years has added his own group of fair haired boys and political appointees.

It does no good to talk about this here. If you don't let the general public know this, and not in the fashion that the RMPT website did it, you're going to be stuck with the same evil that you're stuck with now.

Post factual information that can be documented. The public is fed up with bureaucratic waste. Prove to the public that its still happening and has to stop.

The information is out there for any candidate to seize. Maybe someone with credibilty (NOT David Morgan) will use some of this to their advantage. I for one do not wish to have my email posted for the world to see ala Godzilla on the PNJ forums.

I've always wondered what HSD did. Can't they access the internet to figure out what color we are today?

They would like for you to think so to keep you intemidated and afraid to report what you know about the waste and corruption you know about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast