Thank You LWPD

Thread: Thank You LWPD

Thank You LWPD

I don't wish to intrude and I won't post here again if I'm not welcome, but I just want to say Thank You to all the LWPD. I live west of Dixie and North of Lucerne. It's a privilege to be served by the professional officers of the LWPD and I keep every one of you in my prayers every day.

For all the politics and uncertainty, not to menion the bad guys and gangs, crowded courts, lack of resources and the push me - pull you merger talks, you all demonstrate amazing courage and commitment. I admire your families for supporting your careers and wish every one of you and them a safe and healthy new year.

M.

Hi Mary, I for one don't have a problem with you coming on this site, it can never hurt to hear an outside point of view. Please be aware though, that some of the things you read on hear come from people who no longer work hear and are trying to stir the pot so to speak. Take care.

Hi Mary,
    I too don't mind you coming on this site and talking with us. I believe you may learn a few things about the department whIle you're in here. I hope you run for zone 2 commissioner so we can get rid of Cara. God knows the city needs help. Like the other person mentioned, some disgruntled ex-employees post here. You will be able to tell who they are by the bashing they will do to other officers. This site would be pretty good if people would post solutions to the problems we have and not just complain about them. Welcome Mary.

LW COP

Hi Mary...Have you heard anything about the merger talks with PBSO? Do you think it is going to happen and are you for it?

Thank you both for the welcome. I read the site from top to botoom before I posted. I'm somewhat familiar with the "freedom" anonymity on websites allows and I've found the truth generally lies between the lines.

I too am looking for solutions. The nasty streets of my neighborhood and elsewhere in the city are a big concern. If the property tax amendment passes next Tuesday, a bad situation is going to get worse when it comes time to create the next budget.

It's a shame that cities, not just LW, haven't been more forthcoming with the citizens about the cuts in personnel and services they'll make if this passes and revenues are cut. Most people would think twice before they accepted a savings of $25 a month that means fewer officers and resources standing between us and the bad guys.

There's nothing I would like better than to have a Commissioner in my district who respects law and code enforcement, but I'm not here for any other reason than to learn how I can help make a differece as a private citizen.
    M.

LWPD and PBSO

Guest, I've heard the same rumors everyone else has - nothing encouraging either way. Will it happen? Yes, because it's inevitable. We're not just a city of 45,000 anymore. Regionalization is a fact and eventually we'll assign resources to meet the demand in a regional way. Will it happen this year or next? Probably not, but a lot depends on what happens with the tax reform and how that will impact the city and county budgets. Other factors in play are the illegal immigration problems and escalting gang activity. The more that outside agencies (federal, state, county) get involved in those areas, the more comfortable people will become with the idea of regional law enforcement across jurisdictions.

M.

LWPD

Chief is that you????

Hi Mary and thank you for your support, but please help in getting rid of the chief he has run this department into the ground, as well as killing moral.

We need to move foward with new leadership PBSO