JUNO BEACH likes to give other LEO's traffic citations - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: JUNO BEACH likes to give other LEO's traffic citations

JUNO IS BORED SO THERE ALL ABOUT 10-50'S AND PROPERTY CHECKS I WAS CITED TO ANY SLOWER MY CAR WOULD HAVE GONE BACKWARDS. I ASKED THE OFFICER WHY HE STOPED ME HE STATED IT'S THERE POLICY TO MAKE AT LEAST 6 CONTACTS A MONTH. I HEARD FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROLS THE SAME WAY. JUST BECAREFUL ON US.1 AND NORTH COUNTY I KNOW IT'S TEMPTING TO RUN WIDE OPEN BUT JUNO AND TEQUESTA MAKE A LIVING ON 10-50'S NOT A BAD GIG COMPARED TO OTHER CITIES AT LEAST THERE ISN'T 41'S ACROSS THE BOARD OR 33'S . I'D LIKE TO WORK FOR THEM THEY PAY WELL AND U DON'T DO MUCH WHAT ELSE CAN U ASK FOR....

Coral Gables P.D. is getting Juno Beach P.D. Chief of Police Monday March 7, 2011. Guys, I know this wasn't the topic you were discussing however, can you guys please give a brother L.E.O. some insight as to what we are about to get into. I read some of your news articles on Chief Dennis Wiener and they pretty much say that the guy sucks! We got a good P.D. but are worried that we just bought the farm on this one. Please express your thoughts good, bad or indifferent. Thank you by Paradise Alley...

He's from NY, doesn't know Florida law and hasn't taken the time to learn it, so you have to explain everything to him as to why you did or didn't do something a certain way. If your on his side and drink the Kool-Aid you'll survive. If you don't kiss his ass and just do your job and go home he'll do everything in his power to get rid of you. Soon your department will be flooded with retired NYPD'rs, (his buddies) and they'll all tell you how it was done in NY. Hopefully in a large agency you wont feel the impact as much as those in Centre Island and Juno did.

Good luck and be safe! Glad I'm not there.

He didn't want to be there. Within the first few months as Chief, he applied not only for the Town of Palm Beach Chief's slot, but even a Major's position at Jupiter PD. The night he was sworn in at the Council meeting (agenda item 1) the Town Mgr was fired (agenda item #2), in part due to his offering him much more than the council wanted.

He has spent $$$ on many projects - some good, some not. He has not painted or striped any of the patrol cars he has obtained since arriving (about 1/2 the fleet). He replaced the computer system (that they just spent big $$ on upgrading) and replaced it with one he used in NY. He reorganized and kicked the Sgts out of their office - they now each have a file cabinet DRAWER in the squad room. When the Ass't Chief left to become a Chief in AZ, he brought in a NY buddy to help out in a temp position. Made him full-time Major a few months later. BTW, the AZ Chief left after 10 months and is Chief at North Bay Village - another winner.

Morale is down, interaction with the public is non-existent- they used to get out and talk to folks and wave - not any more. This is a mostly residential community where the close interaction = support when you need something.

To get an idea of the projects he did, go on town of Juno Beach site and look at approved council minutes.

Post Re: JUNO BEACH likes to give other LEO's traffic citations

just wonderfull, another jerk in Coral gables................as if moral wasn't low enough. I hope you guys are wrong, i dont think this dept can stand another asshole

It is kinda hard to not notice that Juno Beach does not have a forum on this site. Is everyone to scared to start one? Do we in the Gables need to worry about our freedom of speech?

We all have a lot of concerns. We have gone from one disastrous chief to another. I feel bad for the guy because he is already gettin blasted and he hasn't even started yet. I guess it is because our city manager is a nightmare and we have no trust in city hall. The last thing we need is another chief that is more concerned with the furniture arrangement than the true needs of the department. But... If the new chief likes butt kissers, then the upper tier of out patrol div will be like Christmas for him.

I heard the rag tag, cry baby officers of Juno Beach brought in the PBA and aired their dirty laundry at the town council meeting last night in front of members of other departments. This is the same bunch of so called police officers that like to give other LEO's traffic citations. I'm embarrassed to have anything to do with them. Now we have to share radios communications with the Juno Beach cry babies. Does it get any worse?

I live in Juno Beach and I am proud of such. We truly do have the best Police Department, who keeps me, my family, friends, and neighbors safe. I have personally spoken to just about every member of our Police Department, and everyone of them are fed up with the administration they have had to deal with. They have tried to voice their concerns in other ways, by meeting with Council Members personally, but their administration attempted to put a stop to that immediately. They were brought into the Office and intimidated.

My question for you is, when and where else should they have done it? From what I've been told the PBA and members were not aware the other agencies were going to be there, but maybe you know more than me?

If you knew of only 10% of what they've had to deal with, I don't think you would be judging their decision making. Also, I wouldn't think because these Officers speaking up, it makes them bad Police Officers. My point is why wouldn't you want to have them on your radio because they spoke up for what they believed in? Maybe you can explain to me why you think these Officers wouldn't be fine on your radio frequency?

Just my .02 cents.

Re: Rats

Quote Originally Posted by TacLEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Every department has rats especially pbg (pr)so leave juno alone.
    Very true, nothing worse than having your own fellow brother arrested for D.U.I.
    His LEO brother or family member?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234