Okay so I picked up the App - Now what ? Mod456 Qs 4U!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay so I picked up the App - Now what ? Mod456 Qs 4U!

I've read enough of the good the bad and the ugly and decided to make the treck out to the "Resort" and pick up the application for tribal cop.

The thing is that none of the blood and guts stories about the horrors of working out there phaze me much, neither does the whinning and crying about whoo hoo hoo I have no take home car etc etc etc. What I have read here is nothing but child's play when compared to the thick and lumpy waste high crap I have had to wade through while engaged in politics in corporate america. Back stabbing you say ??? you cops are men of honor, believe me! even though your fellow officer has shanked you in the back, corporate life will hit you with non compete clauses and injunctions that will make you seek work at the local farm store after having dedicated almost 20 years to a chosen profession. So while I can understand your frustrations, I will still apply and hopefully get hired to patrol the glades for a while and then move on. After all, It's just a job and a job that I need and want at this point.

I have had the pleasure?? of dealing with the Tribe in other capacities in the past. I was a vendor when the "Resort" was being built and also became familiar with members of the tribal court a long time ago during an unrelated period in my life.

So I know the Tribe and how it functions relatively well (or so I think)

I come knowing that there are more prestigious, modern, organized and functional departments to work for, additionally I also comprehend that the money and benefits could always be better, but I need a job and Law Enforcement has always been an area of interest for me.

NOWTHEN to my questions:

1. What is this about Checkpoints ? Explain in detail please! sounds boring!
    2. How long after application can I start to hear something ?
    3. I hear OT is back, are you paid for court ? Off duty ?
    4. I know ur thin, but is there a 15 avail if I need one ?
    5. I am uncertified, I assume the tribe will sponsor me at MDC ?
    6. Will I be married to a certain shift as a Rookie ? i.e. Midnights ?
    7. Which Credit Bureau do you pull ? Experian, TU or Equifax ?
    8. Do I really need to bring in Original Docs i.e. passport etc ?
    9. Can I take a ride-along just to check u guys out ?
    10. How good do the radios work on the trail, krome and I-75 ?
    11. While on I-75 whom dispaches ? Broward or FHP ?
    12. Do you go & patrol Big Cypress ?
    13. What Firearm is issued ? .40 cal glock ? AR-15 ?
    14. Do the units have mobile radios or is it all MR-K handhelds ?
    15. Are you allowed a backup weapon ?
    16. Are you issued a tazer ?
    17. Is there an un-official quota, tickets, contacts 19s etc. ?
    18. 15s on a traffic stop - are you fired if you assist or request one ?
    19. Are tribal members sacred cows ? (its ok if they are)
    20. Who often do you run into Billy Cypress while on the job ?

Sorry for the long winded rant and follow up Questions, but I have the application in my car and these are just a few questions that popped into my head while ridding back on Krome to Hialeah.....

Thanks and your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Dude, Q-bans and In-dians don't mix well.
    Thought about Hialeah?

I spoke with chief Overton today at a city council meeting, he seems like a straight shooter by the book kinda guy... unlike previous chiefs.. ahem.

Yeah I thought of Hialeah and I'm pretty sure I can get hired with them but they aren't hiring right now, I think they are waiting out the tax issue that's on the ballot.

Besides I live in Hialeah and would not want to cross paths with those that I arrest, while shopping with my family at publix etc..... It would get weird.

Ok, Krazy I will answer the questions with the best of my knowledge.

1. Checkpoints are from 6p-7a 7/365, u sit a 1 of 3 entries into res. and check-in community mbrs. non-community are not allowed. usually you switch to the road every 3 hrs or so. It is boring but good way to take classes on-line, movies, reading etc...

2. Hard to say ask, Det. Collar he could better answer this
    3. Limited OT is back, Court time is included. No off duties as of yet.
    4. 15 are avail. if needed, gotta use common sense.
    5. I believe right now they are looking at sponsoring could be mdc or bcc.
    6. During FTO you'll probably work all shifts once on your own most likely you'll be on mids for awhile.
    7. I believe it's Equifax
    8. Yes, when you return the app. bring the originals.
    9. Yes, you will need to come to Trail Station and fill out observer waiver.
    10. Radios are good on krome, trail, ok in alley (better with new radios)
    11. Alley is still dispatched by our own dispatch.
    12. We have a Wildlife team that is responsible for Big Cypress
    13. Issued is Glock 22 / Shot Gun
    14. All Cars have Radios and all officers have handhelds
    15. Yes, you need to qualify with it
    16. NO, Expandable baton and OC spray
    17. No such thing as a quota for citations
    18. No
    19. No they are not they are people just like you and me, they can be arrested, cited, force used on if necessary.
    20. Not very often except maybe in the evening at checkpoint when he comes home.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD 456
    19. No they are not they are people just like you and me, they can be arrested, cited, force used on if necessary.
    Yeah right, the minute you make your first feather arrest, you’ll be marked for death and shortly fired. Tribe members get a slap on the wrist as the worst consequences of their actions. The pale ones own you’re a$$ because they pay your salary. Ask the tribe’s director about your intentions of upholding the law to include indians and you’ll see what happens.

NO TASERS WHY THE TRIBES SCARED ABOUT MEMBERS ON COCAINE HAVING A REACTION? HAHAHAHAHAHA SCUMBAGS

they even had a policy that stated you could not :shock: use oc spray on tribal members,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i still have the memo

You forgot to mention that the late Capt. McDonald came up with that idea. It was when he was brown nosing his way to make Captain. Even I thought that was a dumb idea.

HIALEAH IS HIRING 30 OFFICERS IN FEBRUARY

Case in point Miccosukee PD is nothing more than Indian wiping boys. You raise your voice, you get ***** slap. There are no cojones in the agency’s leadership and those who remotely display any signs of courage, are immediately reprimanded or fired. There’s no two ways about it, you work for the tribe, you belong to the tribe; period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast