JEFF FOR SHERIFF - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: In search of

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by DIOGENESE
    Has anyone asked Jeff if he wants it. I am sure it has crossed his mind. We need to make plans for the future and quit sitting on our hands. With credentials like you have said, good old police work catching Rudolph using his words from a press conference "using techniques my training officer I did what any good officer would do", I am sure he is well qualified. But so much responsiblity on such young shoulders. Please let me know.
    ]

You are miss interpreting the capture. He was lucky that Rudolph did not run from him. Training officer had zero to do with it. Jeff was simply doing his patrol as all other officers did every night of the week, only difference was it was Jeff's lucky night.

As far as him running for Sheriff, I think its to soon. He should wait till 6 months before elections. I have heard several others from mid state are thinking of running too.

Whomever gets in must clean house.
    I was unsure what you were talking about but now is the time to act. From all you have said the sheriff must go. Jeff is surely the man for the job I mean taking over like he has makes us wonder why Murphy didn't hire him as chief.

Cleaning house?? How can such a young man accmoplish that all by himself. I only hope there is some guidance from seasoned veterans from outside jurisdictions. That only makes sense as they are the only ones that really know how to police don't they?

Re: JEFF FOR SHERIFF

Quote Originally Posted by JEFF FOR SHERIFF
    Jeff for Sheriff and Jack Taylor as Chief Deputy. WOW! Now that is a team for progress.

That is a team for integrity, honesty and change!

I think your on the right track.I would rather see Jack as sheriff.He is older, ,has more experience and is more equipped to handle the changes that must be made in the sheriff's department.I have spoken to Jack and he is very compassionate about our drug problem and our youth.He believes our youth is our future.He believes our youth deserve a fighting chance to start their lives without some drug dealer shoving crap in their face.He believes there is not enough being done to promote good will between our youth and our law enforcement community.

Folks can we all agree that we have a drug problem in our county.Can we agree we need to take an offensive stand.We are in a war,a war for our very future.If we lose one human life to drugs thats one too many.We have already lost so many.We cant elect a sheriff because we like him or because he a good old boy.If you can not trust him with your wife,daughter,or girlfriend then we don't need him.

You may wonder how I know Jack.I went through BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training) with him.Not only that I have also worked with him.I can tell you from experience he is a good man.If the situation was bad.Jack was the deputy I wanted with me.Not taking anything from the other deputies.Jack was always professional,and friendly.He always took the time to listen to all parties involved.He really cared about his job. But he got the job done.It didn't matter who it was ,how big they were,or how bad the situation.He never backed down.I believe he will do the same for our county.No matter who,how big,or how bad the situation.We need strong,proactive law enforcement.We need a man who won't back down.We need a man who's not afraid to take it to the end.We need a man who has the courage to do whats right NO MATTER WHAT...People I'm telling you Jack Taylor is that man.

I'm sure my comments will bring bashing.Bash away.I'm speaking of what I've seen with my own eyes,not what I think I know or what I've heard from others.We all have one thing in common.We all have family and friends we love.Its our duty to elect the best person to the watch over them. Pray hard for troubled times are upon us. May God bless each and every one of you.

True Wisdom or Not

I will agree with you that Jack is a good person and would make a good sheriff. My question is, does he have good judgment in choosing good people for the job? Will Jack surround himself with the best qualified people to get the job done, and not pick people based on a popularity contest among the GOB network? Our current sheriff is losing the so called war on drugs in Cherokee county because he has no background in this area. His chief deputy does, but he is reluctant to do what it takes because its not popular among his men. Most if not all deputies are clueless when it comes to drug enforcement. The Sheriff and the Chief deputy currently are only working on their second retirement, and that is all they care about at this time. They do not truly want to rock the boat as they say.

Going back to Jack, will he clean house and will he surround himself with the best? It's common knowledge among the deputies today that one of our best people to have fought the "WAR on Drugs" was released from our services. He had the most knowledge and was the most effective to date. He was creative, driven, aggressive, a great tactician, and very respected by the prosecutors at the time. This person is no longer with us, but could have made a big change. Therefore, does Jack possess the wisdom to know his shortcomings and who he needs? Can he put aside personal differences to make real change for the people of Cherokee county?

Will Jack embrace and recruit the talent we already have in our community today and not be so "insecure" about having talented people surrounding him? A true leader would, and I am wondering if Jack has these character traits? If you say he does, then Jack has to start taking a stand publicly within the near future and not sit idle till just months before elections.

In search of the right man

So true Mr. Wizard it is time that more people come out of the closet. It has been good for Jeff and Jack both. The intentions have always been well known.

True also Mr. Wizard is that Jeff, Jack or anyone needs to surround themselves with the true drug enforcement person that should never have been thrown by the wayside, no matter where he was working. Maybe the true drug enforcer could run for sheriff. Then Jeff and Jack could be his ever faithful backups. Kinda like the three mousketeers.

If more of the folks in and around here would just come out of the closet and be truthful it will help us make better decisions come the next election. Hiding behind self involved issues hurts our community. No one can deny there is a drug problem in the county. Perception on this board has been that the war is slowly getting ahead of the good guys. There is no time to wait on this issue we must be willing to make that stand now and let the public know. There is an outcry for good honest police work. We need to find the candidate that has not skeletons in his closet, if that is Jeff, Jack or our unknown purveyor what a real drug agent is then let's run him or them, unless he is the puppet on a string? I seek one honest man.

In due time

In due time. If we all start a campaign to early, the people will forget come election time. What people need to do is get the word out that we need change and experience in the office of the sheriff. We really do not even need an experienced law enforcement officer to be the Sheriff. The Sheriff can simply be an honest business smart person, a woman, or man with integrity. If that person then surrounds themselves with the right team, we all win! Jeff, Justin, Jack, or others would be good too. The one trap we can not fall into is electing, or keeping those currently with the sheriff that do not take a stand for injustice, or pretend not to know what the sheriff is doing. We do not need anymore hypocrites next time around. That is why we must monitor now and pick those in the future whom really are in it for the right reasons.

The People Must Know

You give the people too little credit. They speak out. Look at the vote in the town for alcohol. The people felt that is progress and voted it in. I say that we must become vocal to the point that the people will outcry for justice.

The two that you named and the other that has been referenced are all from the same mold. Any of the three would make a viable candidate, of course as long as they are of the right party affiliation?

All too many times we fail to act for fear. These hearty characters must brave the storm and show their true colors.

Timing is Everything

So true, but what do you suggest, that we start a campaign now?

Furthermore, the current one can not be removed till then, unless he breaks the law and is removed. That is why we all must be vigilant of all conduct at the sheriff's office.

Re: JEFF for SHERIFF

Quote Originally Posted by CONCERNED 3
    Gee whiz let's slam a good cop for doing good police work in capturing Eric Rudolph. In complaing about Jeff YOU ARE SHOWING HOW SMALL AND PETTY YOU ARE !!! I have always wondered how many other officers RUDOLPH came into contact with and didn't know who he was.
    You seem like the type of person WHO CAN'T and find fault with those that can.
    I WOULD TELL YOU TO HAVE A NICE DAY, :lol: :lol: BUT I DON'T WANT YOU TOO HAVE ONE!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH,I think you stepped into something.Check the bottom of your shoes. ops:
    First,Jeff got LUCKY :roll: !! He was driving around back and saw a person in the Dumpster.(that's good Police work :?: :?: ) In fact HE wasn't sure what he found.Had to call in and find out. :idea:
    Now don't get me wrong,it could of been a problem.Everybody knows how Eric felt about the Law. :twisted: The arrest sure went to Jeff's head. :shock:
    I know a lot of people(NOT LOCAL's) around here,some Business Owners,that say how RUDE and NASTY he is to them.

There's that MOTO again."To SERVE And Protect"

We need someone as Chief that's NOT from around here.Someone Honest ,Fair,Doesn't Do Favoriets and most inportant,"Will Serve And Protect ALL!!!

Sheriff

I agree, Jeff can be a little ****y. We need to post messages around other boards and try to recruit someone from the outside to run for sheriff.

Like the previous poster said, a good moral person with principle and character would be a good sheriff. Hell, I would like to see Barbara Vicknair run for sheriff. The reason is she was the only one that stood up to the sheriff for out of control spending and as a result the sheriff campaign against her.

I have spoken to Jack and he is very compassionate about our drug problem???

Oh i KNOW he is.... :roll: LOL he has some first hand knowledge of how to grow, use, effects of and cost...lol however I think he is more suited to being a "FIRE CHIEF" though. He can show you many things about building a STRUCTURE FIRE in 6 feet of snow (1993)!! Good stragedy there JACKO! Fire trucks can't make it to put it out!!! I do have to laugh!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast