DUMB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DUMB

DUMB

Best thing you could do now is vote out the union. The pressure would be on for the sheriff to be the best sheriff or else you could vote them back next year. what would he gain by geting us to vote them out and then not deliever? Use your head! Naaa never mind be dumb and have the PBA for 17 years like FHP, we all know how well the union has done for them....they got 0% this year! Oh and a deputy makes more than their sergeants! You union people are dumb. I know, I know TPD this and that. That was ALL Greco, not the union.....wait and see the future for them.

I don't wanna get off on a rant here but......

The way I see it, it is fairly simple. If the union is voted out then the sheriff is almost bound to step up an do something, anything, for the deputies of this fine office. Why ya ask? Well look no further than the November elections. It's only mid January now and by the first week or so of Febuary we will know if the union is a stay or go.

Now you know that the staff want the union out. I have'nt heard the sheriff himself say it but I have heard it first hand from the lips of the chief on down. The gloves are off now so to speak and they aint holdin back any punches. I've listened to the staff's position as well as the unions and have made my decision how I will vote. Have you?

If the union is decertified and the sheriff does not have to deal with them any longer why would he not try and take care of the deputies. To screw the deputies of this office over after they decertified the union would be counter productive for him and even maybe career suicide should he have aspirations for higher office as some of say he does. I don't personally know the man. I'm not a "golden child" as some of you may call them. I just use what little brain god gave me and apply my own brand of common sence every now and then.

If the union is gone and the sheriff fails to deliver on his promises then I think just about every deputy and corporal in this office would rally against him come election time. Now how would that look to the citizens of this county if the deputies of this office held up negative campaign signs about the sheriff on street corners during their off duty time just before the election. Especially if there was no union organizing the effort and it was attributed to just failed promises and poor morale among the sworn staff?

You might say oh well, who cares. Theres only a couple thousand sworn staff. They could'nt effect the vote talley that much. I beg to differ. Each deputy has a family and a circle of friends that they can influence as well as contacts within the community. Now the number grows substantially.

The deputies of this office have a huge voice in this community if they chose to use it. Now, I know some of you will say that the union is the deputies voice but as the current decertification drive and upcoming vote show, that aint so. Obviously alot of deputies don't like what the PBA is about and dont want to be apart of it. But we all do have one thing in common. We are deputies in this community and rather you believe it or not the majority of the people out there do respect ya and what you think and stand for. It's only the 3 to 5 percent of the population that we have to continually deal with that don't like us. And who cares about them cause they can't vote anyway due to being felons. :lol:

I was on the fence for awhile about how to vote but I finally decided to give the sheriff a chance and vote no on retaining the union as our/my bargaining agent. I have no clue how the vote will go but I do know this. If after a year or two things have not gotten better I would jump full throttle behind any attempt to bring back a union minus some if not all the current union leadership.

I think that is where the PBA failed. Lack of leadership and communication.

Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.......

Re: DUMB

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Best thing you could do now is vote out the union. The pressure would be on for the sheriff to be the best sheriff or else you could vote them back next year. what would he gain by geting us to vote them out and then not deliever? Use your head! Naaa never mind be dumb and have the PBA for 17 years like FHP, we all know how well the union has done for them....they got 0% this year! Oh and a deputy makes more than their sergeants! You union people are dumb. I know, I know TPD this and that. That was ALL Greco, not the union.....wait and see the future for them.

hey wizard, it dont work like that, you can't jus votem in and votem out like a yoyo, dude this aint no kids game this heres business, work with what ya got, dont give up what you already got. git after it and fix it.

Problem with FHP is they had IUPA as their union for the last 6 years.
    Yeah goof, some Detention Deputies make more than a Detention sgt.

I see things about the same as the Nitely Blog.

However, even IF the Sheriff fails to come through, which I don't think will happen, and we need to bring in a union I would be inclined to give the FOP a shot rather than get entangled with the PBA and the resentments with TPD about being involved with the WCFPBA which they consider "theirs."

Re: I don't wanna get off on a rant here but......

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    The way I see it, it is fairly simple. If the union is voted out then the sheriff is almost bound to step up an do something, anything, for the deputies of this fine office. Why ya ask? Well look no further than the November elections. It's only mid January now and by the first week or so of Febuary we will know if the union is a stay or go.

Now you know that the staff want the union out. I have'nt heard the sheriff himself say it but I have heard it first hand from the lips of the chief on down. The gloves are off now so to speak and they aint holdin back any punches. I've listened to the staff's position as well as the unions and have made my decision how I will vote. Have you?

If the union is decertified and the sheriff does not have to deal with them any longer why would he not try and take care of the deputies. To screw the deputies of this office over after they decertified the union would be counter productive for him and even maybe career suicide should he have aspirations for higher office as some of say he does. I don't personally know the man. I'm not a "golden child" as some of you may call them. I just use what little brain god gave me and apply my own brand of common sence every now and then.

If the union is gone and the sheriff fails to deliver on his promises then I think just about every deputy and corporal in this office would rally against him come election time. Now how would that look to the citizens of this county if the deputies of this office held up negative campaign signs about the sheriff on street corners during their off duty time just before the election. Especially if there was no union organizing the effort and it was attributed to just failed promises and poor morale among the sworn staff?

You might say oh well, who cares. Theres only a couple thousand sworn staff. They could'nt effect the vote talley that much. I beg to differ. Each deputy has a family and a circle of friends that they can influence as well as contacts within the community. Now the number grows substantially.

The deputies of this office have a huge voice in this community if they chose to use it. Now, I know some of you will say that the union is the deputies voice but as the current decertification drive and upcoming vote show, that aint so. Obviously alot of deputies don't like what the PBA is about and dont want to be apart of it. But we all do have one thing in common. We are deputies in this community and rather you believe it or not the majority of the people out there do respect ya and what you think and stand for. It's only the 3 to 5 percent of the population that we have to continually deal with that don't like us. And who cares about them cause they can't vote anyway due to being felons. :lol:

I was on the fence for awhile about how to vote but I finally decided to give the sheriff a chance and vote no on retaining the union as our/my bargaining agent. I have no clue how the vote will go but I do know this. If after a year or two things have not gotten better I would jump full throttle behind any attempt to bring back a union minus some if not all the current union leadership.

Lots of if's and but's there BLOGGER, hope and a prayer. This stupid idea of bringing back the union after the boss falls on his face laughing at the goof balls is stupid. Unions do not work that way and if they did it would take years. Deal with what you got, put the people in place you want in the union and make it work. If your union failed it is your fault for not getting involved in your labor union.

Re: I don't wanna get off on a rant here but......

[quote=you are a failure> not]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Nitely Blog":xogb6k1j

Lots of if's and but's there BLOGGER, hope and a prayer. This stupid idea of bringing back the union after the boss falls on his face laughing at the goof balls is stupid. Unions do not work that way and if they did it would take years. Deal with what you got, put the people in place you want in the union and make it work. If your union failed it is your fault for not getting involved in your labor union.[/quote:xogb6k1j]

Thanks for your opinion my man. We obviously see things differently. Thats cool. But just so ya know I personally don't consider myself a failure. I had a successful military career, own two houses, a new car, have enjoyed my job here at HCSO for over the last ten years and live well within my means.

didn't Temple Terrace have the PBA for one contract and then vote to decertify? They waited and then went with another bargaining unit and are doing very well thank-you.

TTPDS CLOSE TO IMPASSE

TTPD just signed a contract knucklehead and now top out at 70,000 a year with a 20 year retirement so stop the disinformation, the union worked for them and more. Sad when deputies make less than a small city cop isnt it

Re: DUMB

hey wizard, it dont work like that, you can't jus votem in and votem out like a yoyo, dude this aint no kids game this heres business, work with what ya got, dont give up what you already got. git after it and fix it.

Problem with FHP is they had IUPA as their union for the last 6 years.
    Yeah goof, some Detention Deputies make more than a Detention sgt.
    Here's a plan:

Vote the union out.

If the Sheriff takes care of you, add the money saved on dues to your raise.

If the Sheriff fails you, start the "Rouleau for Sheriff" or "****ey for Sheriff" campaign.

That way you'd basically get the same leadership the union is going to offer you without the time delays and expense of getting a union back in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast