Who wants PBSO? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants PBSO?

Why don't you tell me 935, 215 or 216!!

Re: Stop trying to Mess with US!!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheKnow
    Can the 10 people who want to work for the SO please go apply to work there so that the other 158 people can rest easier knowing you're not going to mess up our jobs.

Think-- Ask the Officers whose departments have already been taken over if they are better off now. They say not.

The happy people are the ones who left to go work there because it was something that they wanted --and if you want it by all means go get it but leave our jobs alone.
    Wow, you have to be the most ignorant person to post on this site. I came over to PBSO as a result of a merger with Royal Palm PD. Every single one of our guys/girls are extremely happy with PBSO and the ones who were skeptical are believers in PBSO now. Many of my friends came over with Mangonia Park and when I worked for West Palm PD, I knew a lot of guys who worked for Lake Park PD who came over in the merger. Not one person prefers where they worked to what they have with PBSO. You want to ask if we are better off? Darn right we are, take homes, awesome medical, a great sheriff, work in busy or slow area, 4 on 4 off shifts for mids, every other weekend off for day shift, every unit you could imagine, a better retirement, 457H contributed by the Sheriff for medical after retirement (pending), the best training I’ve received and list goes on. I worked for West Palm PD when I first came down here. I wasn't impressed so I went to Royal Palm, and now I with PBSO. I have family who works for Boca PD, and Pembroke Pines, and after a ride with me and trading stories they are in the process as well. After two prior police departments I can say, nothing compares to PBSO. I dare you find an unhappy Royal Palm Officer who came over in the merger, you won't. The only unhappy people are the ones who didn't make the cut from Belle Glade, Pahokee, and South Bay. Please stop spreading false rumors.

If School police does merge, we welcome you with open arms.

news story

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_d ... 03340.html

Check this out, it involves Miami school cops and an issue with a SRO and a Principal, very good article....Just another reason for us to have better representation or a total change across the board (Go Green, Go Mean?). I read in the PBA news letter about a rep talking about comments made on a message board about his and other reps actions (or lack there of)........enough already about the name issue!!! The fact of the matter is if you go against the grain your done here!!! Its obvious! the last thing I want is to drive 50-100 miles to work everyday because I said a so called derogatory remark about our agency. I think its great that the only excuse a rep has for doing a horrible job is "people arent using there names when posting concerns about our department" WHATEVER!

thats wierd, the post about school police is no longer in the PBSO forum....for some strange reason its been removed. I think thats a bad sign! haha

Re: news story

Quote Originally Posted by aramark
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_dade/story/403340.html

Check this out, it involves Miami school cops and an issue with a SRO and a Principal, very good article....Just another reason for us to have better representation or a total change across the board (Go Green, Go Mean?). I read in the PBA news letter about a rep talking about comments made on a message board about his and other reps actions (or lack there of)........enough already about the name issue!!! The fact of the matter is if you go against the grain your done here!!! Its obvious! the last thing I want is to drive 50-100 miles to work everyday because I said a so called derogatory remark about our agency. I think its great that the only excuse a rep has for doing a horrible job is "people arent using there names when posting concerns about our department" WHATEVER!
    Good article, shows other school districts have the same problem. On a non-tangent note, The home school officer gets firsties on details at his/her/their school. SO uses some sort of rotational random process. How would you like to work at a school all week, then have someone sitting at home or in a car log onto the detail website and take the event that you should be working.

Re: news story

Quote Originally Posted by read it also
    Quote Originally Posted by aramark
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_dade/story/403340.html

Good article, shows other school districts have the same problem. On a non-tangent note, The home school officer gets firsties on details at his/her/their school. SO uses some sort of rotational random process. How would you like to work at a school all week, then have someone sitting at home or in a car log onto the detail website and take the event that you should be working.
    Good point. I worked a football detail that couldn't get enough school cops to cover, so we had to use some locals. One of the locals threw out a kid because he was sitting where he shouldn't be. Local either didn't know how to deal with an EMH or disn't want to try or a little of both. Rest of the story is that the kid was EMH and was just trying to sit with a friend that he saw. Home officer had to straighten out the matter. Later on the same local pushed a female student to the ground. The officer didn't know it, but the plain clothes lady standing behind him was the principal, who later called the Chief of the locals cops dept.

well, whenever I work a detail with a specific officer, could be male or female.....if there is an issue (lets say, a possible 36) they escalate to pepper spray, and we have acouple 10-15s!!! It could have been much easier, and usually is when SHE or he isnt working. The above issues are out of our control. You can not control anyones actions, but your own. The concern about details is understandable, but can be solved easily.

Re: Stop trying to Mess with US!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheKnow
    Can the 10 people who want to work for the SO please go apply to work there so that the other 158 people can rest easier knowing you're not going to mess up our jobs.

Think-- Ask the Officers whose departments have already been taken over if they are better off now. They say not.

The happy people are the ones who left to go work there because it was something that they wanted --and if you want it by all means go get it but leave our jobs alone.
    Wow, you have to be the most ignorant person to post on this site. I came over to PBSO as a result of a merger with Royal Palm PD. Every single one of our guys/girls are extremely happy with PBSO and the ones who were skeptical are believers in PBSO now. Many of my friends came over with Mangonia Park and when I worked for West Palm PD, I knew a lot of guys who worked for Lake Park PD who came over in the merger. Not one person prefers where they worked to what they have with PBSO. You want to ask if we are better off? Darn right we are, take homes, awesome medical, a great sheriff, work in busy or slow area, 4 on 4 off shifts for mids, every other weekend off for day shift, every unit you could imagine, a better retirement, 457H contributed by the Sheriff for medical after retirement (pending), the best training I’ve received and list goes on. I worked for West Palm PD when I first came down here. I wasn't impressed so I went to Royal Palm, and now I with PBSO. I have family who works for Boca PD, and Pembroke Pines, and after a ride with me and trading stories they are in the process as well. After two prior police departments I can say, nothing compares to PBSO. I dare you find an unhappy Royal Palm Officer who came over in the merger, you won't. The only unhappy people are the ones who didn't make the cut from Belle Glade, Pahokee, and South Bay. Please stop spreading false rumors.

If School police does merge, we welcome you with open arms.
    Thanks, but no thanks. I'm sure you enjoy working midnights, 12 hour days and the excitement of the chase, along with getting the scum off the streets. I'm sure you have a great retirement, make good money, love your Sheriff and appreciate the multitude of units within your agency. For me, spending two weeks during the Christmas holidays with my family whether at home or in Colorado skiing trumps all of that. Being able to have every weekend with my family and every holiday with them, trumps that as well. Being able to cruise the Caribbean with them during spring break is pretty cool too. Being able to take a few road trips with them during the summer and maybe, just maybe, sprinkle a few fishing excursions in between the road trips if we see fit is also right down my alley. As of know, I don't have amnesia and can still remember that one of the main lures for me was the down time

You guys can keep the car and the chaos that will come with it. I don't want to be sucker punched back into midnight shift. I really do enjoy sleeping next to my beautiful wife at night :wink:

To the guy that is selling PBSO so well. Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that you didn't make a mistake. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and you will return to your senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest Again
    To the guy that is selling PBSO so well. Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that you didn't make a mistake. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and you will return to your senses.
    You sound like you are afraid to come out from behind your desk! I hope a merger forms and your left by the waste side due to you being unfit for duty. Get a grip and dont hold us back, you should move on cause you are the minority, and have posted nothing but negative posts on this board! I think Wackenhut is hiring, go grab an appt, or post your name and I will hadn deliver it!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast