Who wants PBSO?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants PBSO?

Who wants PBSO?

If you want to see PBSO take us over enter you vote. Its simple yes or no. Don't put any condition on it.

yes

Hell yea

YES

PBSO

I think Guest has voted to many times. PBSO is not coming deal with what is here. If they do I am sure the days of two officer middle schools are over, elementary positions will be completely phased out and we may see one officer at most high schools. With road patrol responding in most situations. I for one do not look at going back to the road as a bad thing but the idea that only good will come from PBSO taking us over is naive.

(PBSO TAKE OVER) Ever think about leaving the school police as its own unit, (ex. corrections) just under PBSO? There are so many ways to handle this situation. You can keep the level of service provided to the schools if the contract is drawn up correctly, and if this is done all benefit. This means better benefits for the Officers and the School District binding PBSO to a contract stating 2 Ofc's assigned a H.S., 1 Ofc. assigned a M.S., so on and so forth.

Exactly, a contract is a contract. The level of service will be spelled out and signed off by the School Board. Don't be mislead by the naysayers PBSO is a better place to work. Just check out our messages.

That's all fine and well, but when are we going to see some action and not just talking? I would love to be able to negotiate a better deal with the school board and not have to go back to working weekends and holidays, but we cannot afford a 2% raise when the inflation rate went up 5.8% in South Florida this year alone. Our PBA reps need to communicate in the negotiation that we want a fair raise or let us go GREEN!

Inflation Rate?

I have been looking for information on the South Florida Inflation rate. Can you please tell me where you found it. I would like to see what it has been over the last six years versus what I am getting paid here over the same amount of time.

It was in the Sunsentinel on 01/17/2008. They only had the statistic for this past year though.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast