COME TO NORTH CAROLINA

COME TO NORTH CAROLINA

The post below was found on another site. It looks like they are making the plans already for a new sheriff in Cherokee county, NC. The one they have has had much trouble and scandal.

VERY true. Its very cheap to live there, plus stress free. Like the poster said, you may only write three reports all day. Two traffic lights to deal with and the people there think their officers walk on water. For a Miami officer to only start at $20.00 an hour its not much more than there. Why would you want to subject yourself to the Miami BS and stress? Properties are cheap up there because of the market crashing. Its a buyer's market. You can find a three bedroom cabin on a creek for under $250,000.

The drug problems there are non-existent. They arrest people for a few grams of meth, or a little marijuana from time to time and that makes front page news.

You get the best cars, computers, machine guns, swat training, K-9, helicopters, free food, training, and all the toys you guys could only dream of!

Its rumored that the community is seeking experienced retired officers from the big city to consider running for the next sheriff's election. Anyone interested should start researching the possibilities.

If interested contact their community activists for the up coming elections in two years. Contact the Cherokee Scout Newspaper for details.

Change and experienced leadership is being sought!

So think about it for your retirement plans. You can retired become sheriff and make 60K a year and cruise the country side. No riots, people shooting at you. Hell, you can go fly fishing on duty if you like.

Sorry

I was angry when I posted this please forgive me. I really love the sheriff. he is a great guy.

Expensive

Under 250k for a 3 bedroom cabin on a creek?? Thats a "Good Deal" Please.........

Re: COME TO NORTH CAROLINA

Haha, first of all some no name isnt going to waltz into a semi rural county and be elected Sheriff.
    The way you described it I would fall asleep every shift. Why be a cop at all if there isnt work to be done. The truth is there are plenty of drugs and scum bags to find in this county, its just a matter of having a department that is proactive.