What is the real issue here?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the real issue here?

I ask you, what is the real issue behind all the posts on this board? Is it really a desire to give progress to a community or is it self fulfillment? Why are there veiled insinuations and never any hard facts that can be corroborated? Can there be an ulterior motive behind all this? Are we supposed to believe that communities of larger cities have the answer to crime here in Cherokee County?

We are led to believe that the law enforcement in Cherokee County especially at the Sheriff’s Department is over paid, under trained, over staffed, lazy maniacal, half-wits who couldn’t perform even the simplest functions of law enforcement.

First, let’s look at the pay issue: How many people would try to feed a family and keep a house with pay that amounts to living just above the poverty level. One of the authors of posts insinuates that the officers receive more than adequate pay, however look at the area some of these authors come from and the retirements they are drawing and you will find they would not have worked for these kind of wages. I am sure the cost of living issue will arise on this one but considering how the cost of living has risen in this area I don’t see how that will factor in, but chime in if you feel like it.

Second look at the training issue. Several of the officers are college graduates, as well as numerous others are attending higher education institutions. Further, several of the officers have achieved advanced certifications and continue to seek additional ones. I ask you this, why do these officers continue to gain advanced education when no expectation of higher pay is involved? Maybe, it is because they truly care about the community and wish to provide better service. True that a reward of higher compensation would be great but pray tell where the funding would come from since many of you that post would make a public outcry over higher property or sales taxes.

Third, staffing issues are not uncommon in large departments and in all of the departments that service Cherokee County you can find that any one of them would love to have more officers. Crime has increased in Cherokee County but not because the dedicated officers are not trying to serve their community. Some times the problem of crime is more over whelming that a few dedicated individuals can conquer.

Crime and war are not issues that involve only those who choose to fight it. Like soldiers, law enforcement officers depend not only on what they bring to the table such as honesty and integrity and a desire to make a difference. Law enforcement officers like soldiers depend on the community to become involved. They must be supported by those they serve.

I ask the moral majority and persistent posters, how are you making things better for those that serve. Are you finding more money for the officers that would relieve some of the burdens of daily life? Are you joining the fight against crime by taking time to form community watches that are the extra eyes and ears of law enforcement? Are you lobbying in the State legislature to gain laws that help us fight the drug pushers that cause death, laws that the district attorney is willing to prosecute? I venture to say not.

What I have seen is that the attacks are more pointed to embarrass, harass, and maybe even alarm one or a few. The timing is coincidental to other events and other threats from disgruntled individuals. Nothing in any of the “fear factor posts” would tend to bring about change. All I have seen is that the “fear factor posts” keep everyone off guard and in some ways accomplish what the poster wants and that is fear of “who” he or she really is and what juicy details they may or may not know.

I extend this offer to the “purveyors of truth” you have assumed many times who I am or who I may be. If you have the “goods” in hand and feel that they need to be sent forward bring them forward and the truth will be sought. My Bible, God’s holy Word, tells me that truth will set us free. I serve a higher power than man. But, if you have nothing of substance and can not show where criminal acts are then now is the time to let it go and seek more appropriate ways of “helping law enforcement” and the community.

I am sure that this will bring about more pointed attacks but I truly hope that we can seek the truth and expose evil. The ball is in your court. God Bless

A nerve was struck!

More later, but in short all you posted means nothing because most if not all your deputies lack, ethics, sound moral values, integrity, etc, etc... A college degree and all their applied certificates does not buy you the character a law enforcement officer must possess. What the posters have been saying here for a long time is that this place is rotten from the top down. You have a sheriff who is a liar, like some of his deputies. You have a sheriff who has no ethics, or righteous morals. You are either one of those deputies enjoying the free ride, or a police groupie as they call them defending them. Check your surrounding counties, they do not pay as much as here. This whole county is always in the newspaper for having secretive shady close door deals. This is your county newspaper reporting on this unethical behavior, not LEOAFFAIRS. The 911 director position is one good example. The chief of Murphy that was removed with NO reason another example. These positions were influenced by the sheriff.

You have deputies that can not hold a civilian position and will get hired by the sheriff.

Do not confuse education with intelligence, or ethics!

WHO ARE YOU???

OK, I don't know who posted this asking to bring forward the goods although I do have an idea. So let me ask this before I get upset and "show you the money". Who are you? If this is sheriff Lovin just let me know its you. I would have thought you would not try to provoke or challenge anyone so you could be a free man for as long as possible. Just let me know ..

Simple Plan

Just a simple man with a simple plan. Show me the money...

As for the positions that were mentioned above I believe "sour grapes" applied for those positions and was not hired. :idea:

Again, show the goods. There are far fewer unethical folks than you and your group try to slander us into believing. But again that is all free speech right??

Re: Simple Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man

As for the positions that were mentioned above I believe "sour grapes" applied for those positions and was not hired. :idea:

Again, show the goods. There are far fewer unethical folks than you and your group try to slander us into believing. But again that is all free speech right??
    ?????? What the hell is all this rubbish!

Re: Simple Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man

What is this idiot talking about? Does he not read the newspaper? Sour grapes, yeah right! Go smoke some more crack!

Response

I ask you, what is the real issue behind all the posts on this board? Is it really a desire to give progress to a community or is it self fulfillment? (NO, its exposure of truth.) Why are there veiled insinuations and never any hard facts that can be corroborated? (Many hard facts have been posted, but you fail to read them, or respond to them.) Can there be an ulterior motive behind all this? (NO, exposure is the mission.) Are we supposed to believe that communities of larger cities have the answer to crime here in Cherokee County? (NO, but those whom have worked in larger communities have a better understanding of what is headed our way if we do not make an attempt to fix things today. People here are clueless as to what is happening here. When things get really bad here, it will then be to late. This documentation and debate will be historical proof that bad things could have been avoided if people were not so resistant to change.)

We are led to believe that the law enforcement in Cherokee County especially at the Sheriff’s Department is over paid, under trained, over staffed, lazy maniacal, half-wits who couldn’t perform even the simplest functions of law enforcement. (Half true, yes there are several that waste more valuable time not performing their duties, as they should. You have no idea what goes on within this department. Gross miss management throughout the department and over spending of funds. Reason, the wrong people are in place that can affect change in a better way. There is too much nepotism.)

First, let’s look at the pay issue: How many people would try to feed a family and keep a house with pay that amounts to living just above the poverty level. (Have you checked what the minimum wage is lately? Then check what a deputy earns, it’s nowhere near the poverty level. These deputies are seen eating at the Mexican restaurants with their family everyday of the week, or other restaurants. Do you think that people near the poverty level can afford this? Granted this whole county has an economic problem, but people need to face reality and adjust their lives to reasonable spending. Yes, we all would like a large screen TV and a nice car, but not all of us can afford that. Although you do see deputies driving brand new personal vehicles, and purchasing more property each day. It’s been alleged that the sheriff since he took office has acquired more real estate property than ever before when he was a road officer. Why is this happening, and in what names are the properties being purchased? Is anyone looking into these allegations?) One of the authors of posts insinuates that the officers receive more than adequate pay, however look at the area some of these authors come from and the retirements they are drawing and you will find they would not have worked for these kind of wages. (First, you make the assumption that the authors come from a more prevalent area, not so. While the minimum wage has not increased around here and Lowes only starts you $8.00 an hr., you have deputies being paid from $14.00-20.00 an hr. That is ridiculous considering what they do.) I am sure the cost of living issue will arise on this one but considering how the cost of living has risen in this area I don’t see how that will factor in, but chime in if you feel like it.

Second look at the training issue. Several of the officers are college graduates, as well as numerous others are attending higher education institutions. (This does not matter if you have NO ethics, or integrity.) Further, several of the officers have achieved advanced certifications and continue to seek additional ones. (SO what, a piece of paper they hand out for attending class, does that build moral character some how?) I ask you this, why do these officers continue to gain advanced education when no expectation of higher pay is involved? (Maybe because they use this place as a stepping stone to build their paper resume and go elsewhere later. Many have left here already. I ask this, why if some of these educated officer are so good, are they here? Why did they leave from where they came from and why are they not accepted to other employment when they apply?) Maybe, it is because they truly care about the community and wish to provide better service. True that a reward of higher compensation would be great but pray tell where the funding would come from since many of you that post would make a public outcry over higher property or sales taxes. (Give me a break, blah blah…. There are several methods that can infuse money into this department without having to raise more taxes. Like it was said above, miss management of the current funds is the problem. Do we need a helicopter for example? Do we need so many gas sucking SUV’s. Do we need to send officers for training that is unrealistic for our needs, or because some officer believe it’s cool training and something to add to their resumes. The sheriff purchased many weapons that have tuned out to be garbage, when in fact he could have acquired sufficient arms for free from state government surplus. This is what we are talking about, these are the hard facts, but you will not break it down like we do and respond.)

Third, staffing issues are not uncommon in large departments and in all of the departments that service Cherokee County you can find that any one of them would love to have more officers. Crime has increased in Cherokee County but not because the dedicated officers are not trying to serve their community. (WRONG! You see, you are clueless. The sheriff has doubled his manpower since he took office and almost doubled their pay. Today there are still the bare minimums of 2-3 officers on the road at any given time, which has not changed. Why, because everyone has to be part of some specialized unit, or other ridiculous entity. They watch too much television and think they must emulate them in order to improve operations here. What needs to occur is place half the manpower back on the streets. The same officers can work at their special assignments while assigned to street patrol, during the slow hours. Its all management of the resources, not rocket science.) Some times the problem of crime is more over whelming that a few dedicated individuals can conquer. (YEAH right.)

Crime and war are not issues that involve only those who choose to fight it. Like soldiers, law enforcement officers depend not only on what they bring to the table such as honesty and integrity and a desire to make a difference. Law enforcement officers like soldiers depend on the community to become involved. They must be supported by those they serve. (They are supported, but they are not being lead correctly. We are not saying these are all bad, or evil people working here. What is being said here is that their leader is an immoral, unethical person, who lacks discipline, integrity and management skills. Therefore, the troops suffer as a consequence. No one will speak out because they will be terminated. These are hard facts! The question is why is this man leading this department and no one else has run against him? Apathy is the reason; no one cares anymore about his or her community. The people elected to office are a mere reflection of the people in the community. It’s really that simple. This sheriff has lied to many people in our community and he has been allowed to get away with it. What does that say about our community?)

I ask the moral majority and persistent posters, how are you making things better for those that serve. Are you finding more money for the officers that would relieve some of the burdens of daily life? Are you joining the fight against crime by taking time to form community watches that are the extra eyes and ears of law enforcement? (Many people in this community have extended their gracious help and offered assistance in specialized training and others forms of assistance, but the sheriff has refused it. This sheriff dismissed all the prior retired officers that were engaged with the former sheriff, why? This Sheriff is a VERY insecure person, and he does not want much to leak out. He runs his department like dictatorship and all activities are censored and micromanaged.) Are you lobbying in the State legislature to gain laws that help us fight the drug pushers that cause death, laws that the district attorney is willing to prosecute? (Are you saying our prosecutors’ will NOT prosecutes cases? Maybe they are receiving poorly executed cases. You cannot prosecute a case that has a poor chance for success.) I venture to say not.

What I have seen is that the attacks are more pointed to embarrass, harass, and maybe even alarm one or a few. I do not think so. The attacks here have been mostly at the people whom have alerted others of unethical conduct within county government. The timing is coincidental to other events and other threats from disgruntled individuals. What are you talking about? Nothing in any of the “fear factor posts” would tend to bring about change. What fear factor posts? All I have seen is that the “fear factor posts” keep everyone off guard and in some ways accomplish what the poster wants and that is fear of “who” he or she really is and what juicy details they may or may not know. (I’m perplexed by your assessment of this. It’s apparent that you only want nice things said about this place. The reality is there is good, bad and ugly.)

I extend this offer to the “purveyors of truth” you have assumed many times who I am or who I may be. If you have the “goods” in hand and feel that they need to be sent forward bring them forward and the truth will be sought. My Bible, God’s holy Word, tells me that truth will set us free. I serve a higher power than man. But, if you have nothing of substance and cannot show where criminal acts are then now is the time to let it go and seek more appropriate ways of “helping law enforcement” and the community. (I agree, but why do you not by example tell everyone who you are? If you have God on your side and do not fear anyone, or anything, why do you hide behind a computer? Furthermore, you are always posting at all hours of the day and night, which tells me you have no life. I sure hope you are not a deputy wasting our tax dollars. Criminal acts will not be posted here, but will be forwarded to the proper authorities. I challenge you to tell us who you are. I suspect you will not because you know that the likelihood that a corruption scandal in the future is evident and you do not want to be associated with it, or have said to have supported this leader. If you truly have convictions in defending this man and feel these posts are attacks, or some conspiracy attempt to embarrass, humiliate, etc., then tell us who you are?)

I am sure that this will bring about more pointed attacks but I truly hope that we can seek the truth and expose evil. The ball is in your court. God Bless Very Happy. (What evil? You are the one hiding and posting and saying he is the one who walks with the Lord, etc..)

(We are exposing evil, and therefore must have anonymity because of retaliation. You have no reason to hide, so why do you?)

(Conclusion, the sheriff and his chief deputy are only attempting to acquire a second retirement with the next election. It’s all about money, not protecting and serving. It’s all about me, me, me, and me!)

(Have the moral conviction and tell us who you are and take that chance that your leader will protect you. I bet you will not reveal who you are, because you are the one with the ulterior motives.)

My Story and Sticking To It

1. Facts – “a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true. Dictionary.com” – Nothing ever presented has been upheld by a factual representation merely the ideals of the presenter. The presenter wants the reader to believe because he or they are from the big city they know better and their ideas will bring progress. If true then why did they leave the big city with all the trimmings and a place for them to do their thing?
    2. Nepotism – ““patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics” – so where is it at, and is it against the law? Research the general statutes regarding employment by the Sheriff and Register of deeds and the restrictions they incur. Have they complied with the requirements of the law?
    3. The mean poverty level for a family of 5 is $24,130, look it up. The starting salary for an Atlanta Police Officer is $34,045, again look it up. Comparing that the price of gas and other tangible goods in Atlanta are lower than Murphy NC demonstrates some disparity for law enforcement officers in Cherokee County. I am sure the poster goes out to eat at least occasionally and hopefully gets the same quality service the law enforcement officers and their families receive. I ask the poster this, if you didn’t receive the quality service you felt you deserved did you complain to the management?
    4. Many of the items that the poster mentions as far as being extravagant are completely paid for and paid for through drug forfeitures which by the way did not come from public funding. Items obtained from surplus outfits are often worn out by the time you get them. I ask you this, is it not a good idea to have all of the deputies equipped with the same weapon? Of course you state they are a piece of crap. If so then maybe you have some of the most excellent marksmen in the world who can qualify time and again with a piece of crap.
    5. Hopefully the Scout will give a full review of all the cases that were recently disposed of in Cherokee County Superior Court. From the quality work you find that individuals accepted plea arrangements instead of going to trial. That I believe sir states to the fact that the District Attorney had a good case that caused the defendant and his attorney to accept the “better deal.” However, how many of the drug pushers have been brought up on murder charges because they provided the “dope” that killed the individual. Check that out and when you do ask yourself why no murder cases were brought.
    6. Ah the ever thrown gauntlet of “who are you really and if you really were a man you would tell us who you really are instead of hiding behind anonymous posts.” Let me remind you or you all that I did not start this inanity. If as you or your all state you have nothing to hide come out of the closet yourself. Quit hiding behind your supposed cloak of anonymity. So much of what you have done belies who you or your really are.
    7. Oh yes, before I sign off again – ethics and morals, hmmmm I am sure your closets are not so clean are they? Have a wonderful and blessed day. In His Service I remain :cop:

Re: My Story and Sticking To It

Quote Originally Posted by Silent But Deadly
    1. Facts – “a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true. Dictionary.com” – Nothing ever presented has been upheld by a factual representation merely the ideals of the presenter. The presenter wants the reader to believe because he or they are from the big city they know better and their ideas will bring progress. If true then why did they leave the big city with all the trimmings and a place for them to do their thing?
    2. Nepotism – ““patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics” – so where is it at, and is it against the law? Research the general statutes regarding employment by the Sheriff and Register of deeds and the restrictions they incur. Have they complied with the requirements of the law?
    3. The mean poverty level for a family of 5 is $24,130, look it up. The starting salary for an Atlanta Police Officer is $34,045, again look it up. Comparing that the price of gas and other tangible goods in Atlanta are lower than Murphy NC demonstrates some disparity for law enforcement officers in Cherokee County. I am sure the poster goes out to eat at least occasionally and hopefully gets the same quality service the law enforcement officers and their families receive. I ask the poster this, if you didn’t receive the quality service you felt you deserved did you complain to the management?
    4. Many of the items that the poster mentions as far as being extravagant are completely paid for and paid for through drug forfeitures which by the way did not come from public funding. Items obtained from surplus outfits are often worn out by the time you get them. I ask you this, is it not a good idea to have all of the deputies equipped with the same weapon? Of course you state they are a piece of crap. If so then maybe you have some of the most excellent marksmen in the world who can qualify time and again with a piece of crap.
    5. Hopefully the Scout will give a full review of all the cases that were recently disposed of in Cherokee County Superior Court. From the quality work you find that individuals accepted plea arrangements instead of going to trial. That I believe sir states to the fact that the District Attorney had a good case that caused the defendant and his attorney to accept the “better deal.” However, how many of the drug pushers have been brought up on murder charges because they provided the “dope” that killed the individual. Check that out and when you do ask yourself why no murder cases were brought.
    6. Ah the ever thrown gauntlet of “who are you really and if you really were a man you would tell us who you really are instead of hiding behind anonymous posts.” Let me remind you or you all that I did not start this inanity. If as you or your all state you have nothing to hide come out of the closet yourself. Quit hiding behind your supposed cloak of anonymity. So much of what you have done belies who you or your really are.
    7. Oh yes, before I sign off again – ethics and morals, hmmmm I am sure your closets are not so clean are they? Have a wonderful and blessed day. In His Service I remain :cop:
    Diarrhea of the mouth! I can tell by your rant that your emotions got the best of you. The truth really hurts. I'm so sorry. Like it was said, if you have God on your side to protect you, then tell us who you are, or please go crawl back underneath the rock you came from.

"In his Service I remain." LOL...... you are so pathetic! God will deal with you later.

Re: My Story and Sticking To It

Quote Originally Posted by Silent But Deadly
    Roger, your signature is all over this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast