THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMM...
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMM...

Ok let me get this right...An Officer is struggling with a violent subject and asks for her 10-94 to "step it up". As everyone is trying to get to her, a certain SRO working a detail less than a mile away has to ask the Sgt. permission to leave her detail and assist. Did I miss something??? Thank God she isn't on the road, I feel sorry for the kids in her school.

YES IT SOUNDS STUPID, BUT REMEMBER WE HAVE SOME SUPERVISORS THAT WOULD SAY GOOD JOB, NOW SIGN THIS REPRIMAND FOR VIOLATING POLICY.........SO THAT IS WHAT SOME OF THE SUPERVISORS INCLUDING LT.'S ARE TURNING THIS DEPT. INTO.

back up comments

as a tax paying resident of the town, I sure hope that I'm misinterpreting what this post suggest. my first thought was to ingore the post an move on since I dont work in davie, but im having a blog moment so bare with me...i sure hope that our town police officers dont have to ask for permission to back up another police officer who is asking for assistance, it shouldnt matter what the other officer was doing, a mile away and cant even back up another employee of the town without an OK. i know there are always 2 or more sides to a story, but i hope i was totally wrong with interpreting this one. emergency back up is just that, it shouldnt matter where or who needs the assistance. if this is truely an ongoing problem in your town, speak up and be heard, god knows we need the emergency services you all provide - keep up the good work and
    PS: keep in mind that as more and more residents find out about these type blogs keep the real bashing behind close doors not in open forum that can be found in a GOOGLE or local newspapers search engine. I'll go back to minding my own business now. Take care.

To Davie Resident.

No, it is not common practice to ask if it's ok to help a fellow officer.

A REAL cop would not even be heard getting on the radio. A REAL cop would have stayed off the radio and just went. The problem here is that Davie has a bunch of inexperienced whiney officers that have no clue what real police work is. No one would ever get in trouble for dropping whatever they were doing to assist a fellow officer.

Disregard what one person said about this place creating this type of uncertainty. On several occassions our supervisors have told us that whenever an officer needs assistance, everything gets put on hold.

In reference to your comment about keeping things behind closed doors. Very good idea. Unfortunately it seems to be a Florida thing where cops get online to whine and complain. Florida does not have large cities such as NYC, Chicago, Philadelphia, etc. I wonder why they don't have any forums. Probably because they are too tired after doing real police work, maybe because they actually respect one another or at least their organization enough to keep their negative opinions to themselves.

I was working that day and everything you mentioned did in fact happen. This "cop" has done nothing since she has been here except whine when she doesn't get her way. She filed a completely fabricated harassment complaint against a supervisor so she could get moved to the shift that she couldn't get the fair way by bidding for it. Thank god as you mentioned Vick that she isn't assigned to do real police work. The guys on the road are better off without her!

Quote Originally Posted by anti-pastie
    I was working that day and everything you mentioned did in fact happen. This "cop" has done nothing since she has been here except whine when she doesn't get her way. She filed a completely fabricated harassment complaint against a supervisor so she could get moved to the shift that she couldn't get the fair way by bidding for it. Thank god as you mentioned Vick that she isn't assigned to do real police work. The guys on the road are better off without her!
    Please don't equate being an SRO with not doing real police work. Most schools are designed to serve a shelters, hence once inside the police radios usually do not work. If something happens, you are on your own. In my time with Davie & another dept, I've had kids bring guns, knifes, and a bomb to school. There are gangbangers, including rivals, in the same hallways and classes. Neighborhood problems spill over into the schools. There are students, many bigger than the teachers, who are guaranteed a public education, but have mental deficiencies that hinder them from making rational decisions and/or have anger management problems.

" Please don't equate being an SRO with not doing real police work "

That wasn't even mentioned. Thanks for the update on the brutal gang violence we have at Fox Trail Elementary and Indian Ridge Middle School.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-pastie
    I don't think the writer was slamming SROs in general. I think what was meant was that this certain SRO is a poor excuse for a cop and should be in the schools where she belongs because she isn't capable of being on the road as a back-up for real cops

What I find to be sad about this topic is that the officer in question does her assigned job, performs her duties and follows general orders. For doing this people like sofa king and anti-pastie who work with her decide to bash her in anonymous forums. I worked for years in police departments where you were like brothers and if you had a problem with them you would talk to them face to face. I find this type of bashing of fellow officers to be reprehensible. I know why anti-pastie and sofa king chose their names and it is yet another way to attack this officer. I have asked one of these officers to take up her personal life with me, however he never replied to several of my e-mails. I find this to be very cowardly. This officer has accepted all her assignments and performed them at high levels including her time on the road where she led her squad in stats. As an SRO she has excelled to the point where parents were outraged when she was removed from the schools due to budget cut backs. The Town of Davie is a quiet town in comparison to neighboring areas, therefore police officers are exposed to very few violent suspects and crimes. Because of this I feel that there are very few “REAL” officers. All one can ask is that officers back each other up on and off the job. By the way this officer was the first Davie Officer on the scene in question to back the requesting officer up! The constant bashing of officers by each other needs to stop. Leave this officer alone already and let her do her job as she always does.

"The Town of Davie is a quiet town in comparison to neighboring areas, therefore police officers are exposed to very few violent suspects and crimes. Because of this I feel that there are very few “REAL” officers. "

This portion of your post completely blew your credibility out of the water. It's false and proves you don't know what you're talking about.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast