The time has come ... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I know that everyone has a need for pay increases and a step plan, with other briefs. BUT WHAT OF THE RADIO SYSTEM? I know we were told of the grant the SO recieved for the radio system. But they said it was still up to late this year before a selection would be made. Yes, they finally got the grant. But, what of the monies PM turned back the first year of his term. Also, why so long for the selection process. WHAT has NS and his sidekick BM been working on? Should they not aready have enough info and the selection made, IT HAS BEEN THREE YEARS OF THEIR HARD WORK. hahaha OH, I forgot BM is so over worked that he just needs more time to make the right selection. Even if no one knows what his job is. Maybe JW just has not had her say yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Question
    I know that everyone has a need for pay increases and a step plan, with other briefs. BUT WHAT OF THE RADIO SYSTEM? I know we were told of the grant the SO recieved for the radio system. But they said it was still up to late this year before a selection would be made. Yes, they finally got the grant. But, what of the monies PM turned back the first year of his term. Also, why so long for the selection process. WHAT has NS and his sidekick BM been working on? Should they not aready have enough info and the selection made, IT HAS BEEN THREE YEARS OF THEIR HARD WORK. hahaha OH, I forgot BM is so over worked that he just needs more time to make the right selection. Even if no one knows what his job is. Maybe JW just has not had her say yet.
    Just to catch you up on new about 8 to 9 months old... They had the money ear marked, gave it back and a FORMER employee of the county took it upon themselves to spend it some where else... Just so you know... THAT is NOT their fault on that one brother... Next...

Answers to your questions

I have respected an earlier post about not wanting administrators on this site. But since you brought me into this let me answer a few things about the radio system. Also, if you were truly concerned you could have come and asked me.

The County hired a consulting firm to assist in obtaining a County Radio System not a Sheriff's Office Radio System. The Sheriff could not afford to make the purchase alone because the estimated cost of either system is approximately 5 million dollars. The County put in for a PSIC grant which comes from Region 6 our Homeland Security Region. The Region received approximately 4.5 million dollars, we were scored high on our application but no funds have been awarded, and with whatever funds are awarded the County has to produce a 20% match.

As far as the money that was ear marked, that was a request by the Sheriff, he has no control over what the County does with the funds at the end of the year. Also, the money that was ear marked would not have even paid for the radios. As far as the selection, it is down to 2 systems MA/COM or Motorola. It will be the County's final decision the 6 other agencies simply make recommendations.

Hopefully, this will be my first and last post and I would appreciate it if you are so concerned about the radio system or what I do come ask me. Notice, I have no problem putting my name on here.

Re: Answers to your questions

Quote Originally Posted by Billy
    I have respected an earlier post about not wanting administrators on this site. But since you brought me into this let me answer a few things about the radio system. Also, if you were truly concerned you could have come and asked me.

The County hired a consulting firm to assist in obtaining a County Radio System not a Sheriff's Office Radio System. The Sheriff could not afford to make the purchase alone because the estimated cost of either system is approximately 5 million dollars. The County put in for a PSIC grant which comes from Region 6 our Homeland Security Region. The Region received approximately 4.5 million dollars, we were scored high on our application but no funds have been awarded, and with whatever funds are awarded the County has to produce a 20% match.

As far as the money that was ear marked, that was a request by the Sheriff, he has no control over what the County does with the funds at the end of the year. Also, the money that was ear marked would not have even paid for the radios. As far as the selection, it is down to 2 systems MA/COM or Motorola. It will be the County's final decision the 6 other agencies simply make recommendations.

Hopefully, this will be my first and last post and I would appreciate it if you are so concerned about the radio system or what I do come ask me. Notice, I have no problem putting my name on here.
    Notice, you have no problem putting your name here, because you share what ever the Sheriff and undersheriff’s opinions are. You will not have cross hairs leveled unto to you, as we have for voicing your opinions that differ from the administration. We express your opinions, and you, the administration use the computer system to track any one who posted an opinion on a department computer. And yes, people have been confronted by the administration. So the posting of our opinions and observations have slowed on this site, as the administration hoped it would by their threats and intimidation tactics. But do not think for minute that we still do not feel the same way. So post your name, because every one of us that share an opposite opinion of the administration our names are Cinderella. While you stand polished during the new conferences of the high profile cases, we sir are the red head step children that make those cases come to life in the middle of the night. So to you our name is Cinderella, we get the job done, we just want our night at the ball, this can be done by addressing our requests for better pay, and better benefits not trying to quiet our voice.

You have got to be kidding me! The Admin seriously brought people in and confronted them about what they wrote on a web site that was developed for officers to be able to speak WITHOUT fear. What the **** happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH, isn't that what our country fought for and has been implemented since our forefathers. I know you can't reply, because you would only be on the hot seat again. I understand being upset about some of the post written on this site, but for the most part they are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    You have got to be kidding me! The Admin seriously brought people in and confronted them about what they wrote on a web site that was developed for officers to be able to speak WITHOUT fear. What the **** happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH, isn't that what our country fought for and has been implemented since our forefathers. I know you can't reply, because you would only be on the hot seat again. I understand being upset about some of the post written on this site, but for the most part they are true.
    Believe it its true... I heard the yelling out of King Paul form down the hall. Then I saw the "defective" come running out with his tail tucked .... "Yesa boss... I's find out fo yo boss".... Ridiculous at best !!

Believe it its true... I heard the yelling out of King Paul form down the hall. Then I saw the "defective" come running out with his tail tucked .... "Yesa boss... I's find out fo yo boss".... Ridiculous at best !!
    Say it aint so boss...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234