FL Legislature killed 4 people
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FL Legislature killed 4 people

I4 crashes - A trooper who patrols the area detected no problems as late as 3:15a.m. It would be the last check until after the crashes occurred, because the trooper was called to an accident scene elsewhere.

People are dying because there are not enough troopers. People are dying because the legislature does nothing. People are dying because our govt cares more about manatees than human beings.

Blame the controlled fire, blame DOT, blame the drivers for speeding or failing to exercise greater caution?

90 minutes without a single fhp cruiser passing through the busiest corridor in central florida? Lets pay, hire, and retain 1000 more troopers.....nah, lets build a tunnel for turtles to migrate instead.

The citizens need to cry out about this. Nothing is going to change without a fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    The citizens need to cry out about this. Nothing is going to change without a fight!
    I agree. Its very important.

Send the link to leoaffairs to the media.

Guys we can ***** all we want and we know. still nothing will ever change! It will continue because simply they are just freaking idiots in Tally!

i agree, i respect you all. i am a deputy sheriff south west coast fla. we need more troopers on i75 south of tampa-charlotte cnty. this area has lots of crashes and needs more visibility with fhp troopers. i dont blame you all but tally. maybe you all need the sheriffs association on your side to get higher pay and a bigger budget with more man power. be safe troopers and i know you all have your hands full. i would love to see the day when you all have mulitiple floater units working the highway. the current way leaves no avail unit to patrol when you all at working a wreck.

i would love to see you all starting at 41k with the southern counties starting at 45k. we need more k9's on the highway in sw florida also.

I4 Catastrophe

It all stems from a lack of leadership throughout the entire state at many levels including the legislators (who are only around for a fraction of the time as FHP leaders).

Only proactive law enforcement fights crime and promotes public safety. Reactive Law enforcement is what the FHP has been reduced to which only compiles statistical data and does nothing to combat the problems Florida faces on its highways. Until a legisator (or two) is affected or until one suffers a major traumatic event within his own family, nothing will happen. In the upcoming session, Florida's Senate & House members should be held accountable. They need to take note of the recent I-4 event and make sure the FHP is properly funded and manned to thoroughly cover the state 24/7. FHP executives should not leave the Capitol grounds without a substanitive raise for their existing employees and enough funding to hire and train at least 750 more troops. The owe it to thier subordinates.

WHAT THAT GUY SAID. Our coverage statewide is terrible, heck on midnight shift I get excited when we have 1 in each county. With 1 trooper covering a whole county everyone needs to know that we are not going to make much of a difference. I wish we had enough road troopers to make a difference in the safety factor but as it is we can barely keep our heads above water.

fla leg

No one in staff or at the troop level has the balls to look at the media and say that the legislature is to blame. The blood of these people is on the hands of the Florida Legislature. They will blame fog or any other "act of God" so as to shift the blame away. We all know the truth. I feel for the THI investigators writing this one up. Heck, the speaker of the house yesterday stated that he was going to push for elimination and consolidation of state agencies. I have a brilliant idea, how about the members of the Florida House and Senate giving up their salary if they are so concerned about the financial situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast