0 experience SA's
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

0 experience SA's

What is with FDLE now hiring people with a 4 year degree, but no police experience? They are passing on great experienced cops with a 2 year or some college for people with degrees and experience in car sales! This makes no sense. I'd way rather work with a cop with experience than a book worm. Any of your decent Fed agents all had prior Law Enforcement. How are you going to have a SA with no prior LE experience work a major investigation? All we need is more SAT's and paf investigators, gimme break.

I agree with most of what you stated, but disagree with the comment about the decent Fed agents only being the ones with prior leo experience. There are decent non-prior leo experienced agents too. I have worked with a number of them routinely.

No doubt, having prior street experience is beneficial and a great asset, but there might be a few potential agents that can do the job effectively and still gain some valuable experience while at FDLE and become good agents.

That's all we're gonna get now that the local agencies are paying more for experienced officers to stay and even lure them away from the state agencies. Gotta do something about the pay if you want experience!! If not, just hold on for a lot of college boys and girls who have no life experience, much less police experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    That's all we're gonna get now that the local agencies are paying more for experienced officers to stay and even lure them away from the state agencies. Gotta do something about the pay if you want experience!! If not, just hold on for a lot of college boys and girls who have no life experience, much less police experience.
    From an outsider looking in this makes sense to me. Hopefully, the state does something for all you hard working state officers. Best of luck

Its funny how every LEO comes down on college grads. If I am not mistaken a huge part of SA of Federal Agencies are college kids; just like a major part of LEO are just recently graduated High school kids. But I understand since this is a site of LEO because if it was any different it would a lost argument for all you LEO. There is no probability in bad judgement....

Does anyone know if the 4 yr degree issue is going to change in the future? I'm retiring this year (27 yrs) and would like to start a 2nd career. My only choice is FDLE, but I dont have a 4 yr degree. I also heard that the commish does not want retired LEO's. Any truth to that? thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if the 4 yr degree issue is going to change in the future? I'm retiring this year (27 yrs) and would like to start a 2nd career. My only choice is FDLE, but I dont have a 4 yr degree. I also heard that the commish does not want retired LEO's. Any truth to that? thanks in advance.
    If you have the experience in LE then you don't need the degree.

Thats wrong, you are not even considered if you dont have a degree, forget how many yrs of experience you have !!!!!!!! verify before you put out wrong info.

Thats wrong, you are not even considered if you dont have a degree, forget how many yrs of experience you have !!!!!!!! verify before you put out wrong info.
    You verify before putting out wrong info

SPECIAL AGENT JOB OPPORTUNITY
    POSITIONS ARE LOCATED STATEWIDE/DEPARTMENTWIDE
    MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Four (4) years of sworn law enforcement experience; or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in criminology/criminal justice, accounting, finance, computer science or related fields.

You verify before putting out wrong info

SPECIAL AGENT JOB OPPORTUNITY
    POSITIONS ARE LOCATED STATEWIDE/DEPARTMENTWIDE
    MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Four (4) years of sworn law enforcement experience; or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in criminology/criminal justice, accounting, finance, computer science or related fields.[/quote]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast