Shifts

Thread: Shifts

Shifts

just checking with other Departments to see what kind of shifts they work and what their honest opinion is about them to help me decide which one wuold be best for me. What kind of shift's do you guy's do and how well does it work. Can you give me a run down of the pro's and con's?

11 1/2's They suck!!!! If you can't do better stay with the 8's.

11.5 is a long day but you only work 2 days one week and 3 days the next and every other week you get a 3 day weekend. Hell who hasn't worked a 8 hour shift and then a 5 hour detail. It really isn't that bad and I sure have worked worse schedules and much longer hours in the private sector. But the kids these day? Some of them are just a bunch of wimps, they give their whole generation a bad reputation.

Re: Shifts

Quote Originally Posted by Surveying other agency's
    just checking with other Departments to see what kind of shifts they work and what their honest opinion is about them to help me decide which one wuold be best for me. What kind of shift's do you guy's do and how well does it work. Can you give me a run down of the pro's and con's?
    They look good on paper, but thats about all.......... :x

Quote Originally Posted by real old timer
    11.5 is a long day but you only work 2 days one week and 3 days the next and every other week you get a 3 day weekend. Hell who hasn't worked a 8 hour shift and then a 5 hour detail. It really isn't that bad and I sure have worked worse schedules and much longer hours in the private sector. But the kids these day? Some of them are just a bunch of wimps, they give their whole generation a bad reputation.
    I agree being a detail hore I would just go ahead and work the 12 and have more days off. If i want to work a deatil then just double up on a day off and just be good the rest of the days off!!

Best online pharmacy