King Paul - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: King Paul

Get ahold of the union Rep. and make a meeting...

There are way too many issues that need to be addressed within the department. I do not work for the department but am aware of alot of the issues. Someone needs to step up and contact the union rep that you all dealt with last time and have a meeting. Maybe you can meet at the club house at the golf course, i'm sure you won't run into anyone. LOL.. Secondly, you keep mentioning that the county commission should step in but they have no jusrisdiction with the sheriff's dept. Sherrif doesn't have to listen to them. Now you may make a call to Robbie Chartier and see where she stands and if there is anything she can do to help or if the county has any say so in the matter. It is a crying shame that he would give his already overpaid secretary a $7000.00 pay raise, makes you wonder who else got one? Her husband runs the jail, wonder what his raise was. What a JOKE!!!! :wink: you're crooked. take care of your deputies PM!!! Don't count on another four years because I am sure you remember well that you did not beat out your other republican opponet by very much... I would love to see him come back and run against you again!! :lol:

can I hear an Amen! (on the betterment of your family.
    Hey I don't know about ya'll but I work to pay the bills.
    I should be able to have some spending money and afford cable too.

Wow,

Yes, I am one of the three Stooges that King Paul speaks of in his post. Yes, I was one of the ones who had a good job. Yes, I was one of the ones that was told what a great job I was doing, one of his finest officers as he put it one time.

Yet, when I chose to provide for my family, so that after my bills were paid I could afford to take my family on vacation or take my wife out to dinner I would be able to pay for it not on a credit card but the money that I earned. And lets not even get started on the insurance, yet I have heard that situation as deteriorated as well since we three have left. Yes, I was one of the ones that King Paul took it personal when I chose to leave, and again it is business nothing personal.

But no I have not posted everything in this site until now. That being said I have a lot of friends still left at the Sheriff’s Office to include Bull and Spanky and many others whom are underpaid. Let me tell you the only difference is the average officer in my new department makes about $69,000. a year after overtime and details. Some who choose to work more make $85,000. a year, and these are slick sleeves just like you and me. So I ask you did I make the right choice? Stay at a department that the Sheriff when you chose to leave will call you what he thinks you really are. Yes friends he will call each of you stooges to when you try to better yourself and it does not benefit him as that is apparent with the union coming back, he will once again tell you, you are wrong for wanting protection.

However, he is quick to say since he as been Sheriff you have received an 18 percent pay increase, but he stops there. Well since I’m a stooge for wanting better for my family well then let me finish were KING PAUL stops, between the insurance increases and the cost of living increases they total about 24 percent, so in all actuality you have received negative 6 percent during is tenure as the Sheriff. SO is the reason for deputies being so disgruntled because we left, I say no, he wants you to think we are behind the Deputies being unhappy about being underpaid. But none of the three that left ever went before the County Commission and laid down and settled for a bonus.

I also happen to know the King Paul does not golf. The two that do are Bull and Spanky and both of them do this on their time, not the Department time, so I would leave them out of your argument for more money. I have the utmost respect for Bull and Spanky and consider both true friends of mine. I hope they feel the same, but if me leaving made them change their mind then there is nothing that can change that I guess.

I wish all my friends luck, as you are going to need it when working for a man who chooses to run his office on his emotions at that time, rather than using reason and concern for all involved not just the perception of the public.

you as officers and public servants to the citizens of okeechobee need to let them know what's happening there in your department. You can call the speak out or you can go to another forum like this one called www.newszap.com many people in okeechobee read the things that are posted on there, as it is part of the okeechobee news. If I were you I would copy and paste your comments that are on here and put them in newszap. This way all can be informed not just the law enforcement people and of course KING PAUL and his QUEEN whom is monitoring it closely trying to figure out who is posting. :devil:

Re: Get ahold of the union Rep. and make a meeting...

xxxxxx

Are we worth anything to you?

I find it hard to believe, that someone would throw up the fact that your Deputys knew what they were getting into whenever they came to be your employee. what we Thought we knew, was that if we worked hard and did a good job that we would be rewarded for it in due time. What we thought we knew was that we were working for a man true to his word when he said that he knew we were underpaid and that our salerysand our quality of life were a top priority for him. what we now know is that we have gotten into bed with the same ole' same ole'. lots of talk and little action. From reading some of the messeges, I feel as though you think we are here because we have no choice. How wrong you are.we are here because we love Okeechobee. we are here because our children go to school here and our parents are growing old here. we are here because we have grown up here and we belong here. and we are willing to fight for what is right. it is right for us to fight for the people of Okeechobee and there safety. It is right for us to protect your children and your familys. it is right that we spend our holidays looking out for your safety. it is right that we are there when your roofs collaps during a hurricane and it is right that we be paid enoughto at least afford groceries. i have heard that the reason we are not doing well financially is that we do not know how to budget our money. well i am not an Economics major, but i know that the average person can't live on 500 bucks a week. not when an average mortgage is 1000.00 a month and it cost approximately 150 a week in groceries and an average power bill is 150 a month. do the math. i dont see any room for clothing, medical or education , not to mention gas. i think we are shown little respect from our leaders in this department. furthermore i think if i don't hunt or go to cook offs, then im not in with the decision makers and therefore i am not concidered when decisions are made. How sad, because i know a bunch of intelligent, kind, decent men and women who would bend over backwards to help this community and its Sheriff, if only they were given the slightest pat on the back. if only you would look for the good in us instead of searching for the bad. if only you would stand behind us as a leader instead of standing on top of us. A little "Atta Boy" and a few extra dollars sure would go a long way in your quest for re-election.

Re: Get ahold of the union Rep. and make a meeting...

Quote Originally Posted by guest777
    There are way too many issues that need to be addressed within the department. I do not work for the department but am aware of alot of the issues. Someone needs to step up and contact the union rep that you all dealt with last time and have a meeting. Maybe you can meet at the club house at the golf course, i'm sure you won't run into anyone. LOL.. Secondly, you keep mentioning that the county commission should step in but they have no jusrisdiction with the sheriff's dept. Sherrif doesn't have to listen to them. Now you may make a call to Robbie Chartier and see where she stands and if there is anything she can do to help or if the county has any say so in the matter. It is a crying shame that he would give his already overpaid secretary a $7000.00 pay raise, makes you wonder who else got one? Her husband runs the jail, wonder what his raise was. What a JOKE!!!! :wink: you're crooked. take care of your deputies PM!!! Don't count on another four years because I am sure you remember well that you did not beat out your other republican opponet by very much... I would love to see him come back and run against you again!! :lol:
    Are you serious because "THE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS" has been the excuse we have all heard, as to why. IS that untrue as well?

Re: Are we worth anything to you?

Quote Originally Posted by to scared to tell
    I find it hard to believe, that someone would throw up the fact that your Deputys knew what they were getting into whenever they came to be your employee. what we Thought we knew, was that if we worked hard and did a good job that we would be rewarded for it in due time. What we thought we knew was that we were working for a man true to his word when he said that he knew we were underpaid and that our salerysand our quality of life were a top priority for him. what we now know is that we have gotten into bed with the same ole' same ole'. lots of talk and little action. From reading some of the messeges, I feel as though you think we are here because we have no choice. How wrong you are.we are here because we love Okeechobee. we are here because our children go to school here and our parents are growing old here. we are here because we have grown up here and we belong here. and we are willing to fight for what is right. it is right for us to fight for the people of Okeechobee and there safety. It is right for us to protect your children and your familys. it is right that we spend our holidays looking out for your safety. it is right that we are there when your roofs collaps during a hurricane and it is right that we be paid enoughto at least afford groceries. i have heard that the reason we are not doing well financially is that we do not know how to budget our money. well i am not an Economics major, but i know that the average person can't live on 500 bucks a week. not when an average mortgage is 1000.00 a month and it cost approximately 150 a week in groceries and an average power bill is 150 a month. do the math. i dont see any room for clothing, medical or education , not to mention gas. i think we are shown little respect from our leaders in this department. furthermore i think if i don't hunt or go to cook offs, then im not in with the decision makers and therefore i am not concidered when decisions are made. How sad, because i know a bunch of intelligent, kind, decent men and women who would bend over backwards to help this community and its Sheriff, if only they were given the slightest pat on the back. if only you would look for the good in us instead of searching for the bad. if only you would stand behind us as a leader instead of standing on top of us. A little "Atta Boy" and a few extra dollars sure would go a long way in your quest for re-election.
    SO I GUESS YOU HAVE HEARD THE SAMETHINGS I HAVE!!!
    "IT PISSES ME OFF THAT PEOPLE COME IN MY OFFICE AND COMPLAINT TO ME ABOUT NOT HAVING ENOUGH MONEY BUT THEY HAVE NICE CARS, WHAT IT IS YOU ALL DON'T HAVE YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT" Words from PM Mouth!
    Is it not right that I have a dependable car!
    SEE WHAT YOU GET IF YOU ASK ABOUT YOUR PAY CHECK!

Has anyone done the research and found out what the starting pay for road patrol deputies is in the surrounding counties?

Osceola?
    Highlands?
    Glades?
    Martin?
    Indian River?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Has anyone done the research and found out what the starting pay for road patrol deputies is in the surrounding counties?

Osceola?
    Highlands?
    Glades?
    Martin?
    Indian River?
    Osceola: more than OCSO
    Highlands: more than OCSO
    Glades: more than OCSO
    Martin: more than OCSO
    IR: more than OCSO
    Home Depot: more than OCSO

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast