King Paul - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: King Paul

Re: Union

[quote=Wishing for better]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Be Careful What u Wish 4":2zfvhhmr
    Money and benefits are fine issues within a union. Is the union going to be able to protect other issues such as take home cars and work schedule (8 hour or 12 hour shifts). Are they able to set guidlines on what the Sheriff needs to promote somone. I don't think so. They may be able to set guidlines for promotions but when it all boils down the Sheriff, or in Okeechobee's case, Spanky, will have the final say on all matters. Just be carfeful on what you wish for. Money ain't everything
    Be care what you wish for,
    It is obvious to me that you are a man of rank with in the Sheriff’s Office, as these same topics were brought up last time by the Admin. They would take away the take home car, they would promote who ever was not for the union.

Understand that we are underpaid bottom line. We are losing senior men with many years experience, why because they have been here and see that the agency is in it darkest hour with King Paul. I have I feeling you are part of the Admin until you drop and then you will be worthless to them and you will see that they care not for the little man.

Be care what you wish for, yes you are right about that, because three years ago we wished that King Paul would be the man he said he would be, he failed miserably.[/quote:2zfvhhmr]

Wishing for a better... I understand your desire to make more money and provide a better life for yourself and your family, who doesn't want that. Can I ask you this, when you were hired were you not told what you would be making? Did you not agree with this figure? Was this figure below the average starting wages of the other agencies in the area? I bet it was. However you chose to work at OCSO. Is this agency that bad. When I look around at the other Deputies walking around or hanging in the Deputy room, they dont appear upset or depressed. They're always joking around or horseplaying and cutting up. You were wrong by the way. I am a Deputy working regular shifts probably just like you. Do I wish I made more money. Yes I do. Money ain't everything. Ask those who have left for higher paying agencies and then came back to ours. One of those deputies came back from Seminole which definitly pays better than OCSO. Another recently came back from an agency on the coast. Why? Ask them. There is a price you pay to have the agency you have. Thats why I say, be careful what you wish for

:? Can't we all just get along :wink: :cop:

:evil: I know... all the "union" threats are resurfacing...Take our cars? Okay, King May can do that, but what about those people that are in the special units: ie: narcotics, dive team, SRT, detectives, search and rescue, etc. Those people are on call. The response time would be very slow if expected to have to go the the office to get a unit... and those that work 8 hours shifts... do you think it is just the "road" that is seeking support. NO, think again.....!!! 8)

:lol: I guess someone needs to step up for Sheriff May. I feel he has done a good job in his first term but maybe he has made a few small mistakes but who has not. As far as a $7000.00 pay raise for anyone be glad for any person that gets a pay raise because most of you could not do that person’s job anyway.

I will be the first to say that I do not always agree with the Sheriff but the three stooges that left here are probably the ones mixing thing up for us and we let them do it. When everything is said and done Sheriff May will get re-elected by a land slide and then you will see the wolves come out for the next election. Sheriff, don’t worry your safe for the next four years so that means four more years at the hunting camp in Madison and playing cards and choir practice.

Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg007
    :lol: I guess someone needs to step up for Sheriff May. I feel he has done a good job in his first term but maybe he has made a few small mistakes but who has not. As far as a $7000.00 pay raise for anyone be glad for any person that gets a pay raise because most of you could not do that person’s job anyway.

I will be the first to say that I do not always agree with the Sheriff but the three stooges that left here are probably the ones mixing thing up for us and we let them do it. When everything is said and done Sheriff May will get re-elected by a land slide and then you will see the wolves come out for the next election. Sheriff, don’t worry your safe for the next four years so that means four more years at the hunting camp in Madison and playing cards and choir practice.
    I don't hunt or play cards and I cant sing.....I'm screwed!!!!

maybe you should start so you will find something better to do with your time instead of starting gossip and rumors :

this is all so crazy the back and forth, the bottom line, the truth is that the majority of the people there are unhappy with the job, definately unhappy with the pay, and you dare not say anything at work or else. there is an open door policy, however if you speak, it will never be the same. there are definate issues
    the reason they still joke around is because you have to. life goes on, you cant be depressed 24/7 about how you are treated. i promise you outside of that SO the issues are talked about much more than within the walls. Employees are extreamly displeased

If only the public knew how the county comm. lack in care or concern for the ones who protect them.
    Yes this year we did receive new belts, because the Sheriff likes the leather look, we all received new glocks although most of us had them already, and we did get all green uniforms, yes you are getting some new cars although a lot are in dire need of life. Yes, Sheriff you have done some things however the same issue still lies. money! we are the lowest paid deputies around, bottom line.
    There are a lot of things that have been done that are not so good, like the letter last year about how we should be so greatful that we got a pay check. and what about that you will buy a bullet proff vest however it is not top grade and if you want it to stop more than a 9 mm, well then you have to pay for it. And the cars if something is wrong and can't be figured out well they just put a black piece of electrical tape over the check engine light.
    I give it to you though this is not just under this administration this has gone on through many administrations. I think that you have done some things but the money issue is huge, it was one of your first promises to us.
    I write directly to you because I know that you are reading and some of the replies are things that I have heard directly from you. I will say that the moral is still low however it is better than the Miller admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    If only the public knew how the county comm. lack in care or concern for the ones who protect them.
    Yes this year we did receive new belts, because the Sheriff likes the leather look, we all received new glocks although most of us had them already, and we did get all green uniforms, yes you are getting some new cars although a lot are in dire need of life. Yes, Sheriff you have done some things however the same issue still lies. money! we are the lowest paid deputies around, bottom line.
    There are a lot of things that have been done that are not so good, like the letter last year about how we should be so greatful that we got a pay check. and what about that you will buy a bullet proff vest however it is not top grade and if you want it to stop more than a 9 mm, well then you have to pay for it. And the cars if something is wrong and can't be figured out well they just put a black piece of electrical tape over the check engine light.
    I give it to you though this is not just under this administration this has gone on through many administrations. I think that you have done some things but the money issue is huge, it was one of your first promises to us.
    I write directly to you because I know that you are reading and some of the replies are things that I have heard directly from you. I will say that the moral is still low however it is better than the Miller admin.
    I agree, I don’t think anyone complains about the working conditions. Everyone seems to get along and takes care of each other; it is a fun place to work. The concern is pay and benefits. PM is not offering any incentive for the deputies, or any hope they will get a raise next year. If you’re happy with a bonus every year you’re an Idiot. Each year that passes my rate of pay per hour stays the same as the cost of living increases. Each year passing we fall behind on the pay scale. I am not one who will sit around and wait for PM to get me a raise. If you’re happy with your pay, you obviously work for the admin and make better money than the deputies.

Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg007

Listen here lawdawg, I understand that everyone likes to post their opinion, and everyone has the right to do so. However, I happen to know all the "3 stooges" you refer to, and I happen to know them quite well. Let me tell you, they were all awesome officers, and they all worked very hard to get where they were before they left the Sheriffs Office. You cant blame them for so many people being unhappy about working for an agency that doesnt value them as much as they value their "secretaries". These deputies risk their lives EVERYDAY. They should be compensated for it, and if Mr. May cared one bit about his deputies, he would be in the Commissioners Face telling them how much money he needs for his people to make a good living. However , hes not, he got enough money for him and his little clique, and thats all that matters to him. After all, if you've been following along, County Administrator Long handled the County monies quite well, and Okeechobee is one of the only counties in Florida who has such a fiscal abundance. Now there is the new gas tax... Where IS all the money going... We can afford an Agri Civic Center, but cant afford to pay our deputies what they are worth. So dont be talking down about people who left to make a better life for themselves or their families, they did what was best for them, and as for the Deputies who joke around and still laugh, thats because even in tough circumstances, they are still themselves, they arent going to cry the blues at the Sheriffs Office. People say there is an open door policy... whatever, thats so that people can come in and tell King Paul what he wants to hear, not for anything negative, and everone knows it. Sheriff May probably will get re-elected, but only because Deputies are too afraid to say publicly what they are thinking for fear of losing their jobs. This administration are a bunch of Bullies, and believe me Spanky is the worst of all. Hes like a spolied little child who has others do his dirty work for him, because hes too scared to do it himself. Back to the golfcourse, and play your little childish games.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast