WHERE IS FOP

Thread: WHERE IS FOP

WHERE IS FOP

We you are not the main part of the District and you are the smallest union you are not on the top of the pile. Bob and Bill do a super job and get no credit for it. I would ask anyone that would like to step in to run for office next time. PBA is the biggest and the best there is, I don't care for some of the things they do, but I feel they are working for us. I know of no one that has called Larry and has not gotten a call back. DEaling with the Dristrict is long and ugly and Bob and Bill put in a lot of they own time we should be thankful they are batting for us.
    NO TO PBSO,FOP,CIA,FBI,FAC,NASRO,FASRO,KKK,NRA,AARP (SANDY SORRY), AND EIEIO.

WE NEED TO WORK AS A GROUP. LETS GO. HOPE YOUR HOLLIDAY IS GOING WELL.

PS. I HAVE SEEN PBSO WORKING IN THE LAST WEEK, WHAT'S THAT ABOUT, THEY ARE NOT OFF?

WHERE IS FOP

I just want to say a few words and saw some of the calls for FOP in here. First I hope you don't have to exhaust your POLICE SKILLS to know who I am. Feel free to call me anytime. I know that two Officers have called for FOP to come in, are they two of the three that came when we had the first meeting at PBA with Fagan or two of the 40 at the next one. The problem we have is no one comes with help till they think no money. Then the gates open and everyone knows how to deal with this.
    Problem it's the Dristrict comes in with their cards at their house and their chips and they change the rules anytime they choose. That hard to win a hand that way. I have been here quite a while and have heard that PBSO was coming, from about my 2nd day, but my is uniform is still blue (without stains). This again is not something that we control, if it does happen it will be because that's the way they want to call the game. At that time (that I don't think we will see) you can ask to play or be traded to the Department that you choose (if there are any left).
    We you are not the main part of the District and you are the smallest union you are not on the top of the pile. Bob and Bill do a super job and get no credit for it. I would ask anyone that would like to step in to run for office next time. PBA is the biggest and the best there is, I don't care for some of the things they do, but I feel they are working for us. I know of no one that has called Larry and has not gotten a call back. Dealing with the Dristrict is long and ugly and Bob and Bill put in a lot of they own time we should be thankful they are batting for us.

PS. I HAVE SEEN PBSO WORKING IN THE LAST WEEK, WHAT'S THAT ABOUT, THEY ARE NOT OFF?

Re: WHERE IS FOP

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNHA786
    I just want to say a few words and saw some of the calls for FOP in here. First I hope you don't have to exhaust your POLICE SKILLS to know who I am. Feel free to call me anytime. I know that two Officers have called for FOP to come in, are they two of the three that came when we had the first meeting at PBA with Fagan or two of the 40 at the next one. The problem we have is no one comes with help till they think no money. Then the gates open and everyone knows how to deal with this.
    Problem it's the Dristrict comes in with their cards at their house and their chips and they change the rules anytime they choose. That hard to win a hand that way. I have been here quite a while and have heard that PBSO was coming, from about my 2nd day, but my is uniform is still blue (without stains). This again is not something that we control, if it does happen it will be because that's the way they want to call the game. At that time (that I don't think we will see) you can ask to play or be traded to the Department that you choose (if there are any left).
    We you are not the main part of the District and you are the smallest union you are not on the top of the pile. Bob and Bill do a super job and get no credit for it. I would ask anyone that would like to step in to run for office next time. PBA is the biggest and the best there is, I don't care for some of the things they do, but I feel they are working for us. I know of no one that has called Larry and has not gotten a call back. Dealing with the Dristrict is long and ugly and Bob and Bill put in a lot of they own time we should be thankful they are batting for us.

Hey Grasshopper; AARP stands for American Association of Real Police

AARP, I could think of acouple of Officers who are members, and qualified about 15-20 years ago. I believe its lack of communication that causes these attitudes (FOP, PBSO, etc.). And thanks to John for stepping up and "keeping us in the loop" In addition I see very few Officers using this board, this is the best thing for a department that is so spread out. From an SRO standpoint I look at the past, and things have changed, its just a slow moving process. I think we should gather all the information on ALL the incidents we handled and TOT them to the District, I know for a fact we do more than some departments do! In addition usually if your using a specific tool and its not doing the job, you put it down and grab another, sometimes its not the operator its the tool itself....Maybe changing the bargaining unit isnt such a bad idea.

It is not a lesser job, it is a different job - and VERY important. Who doesn't understand that? We focus on keeping the schools in Palm Beach County safe! Just as the traffic unit for PBSO focuses on traffic enforcement.

WHERE IS FOP

You hit the nail on the head we need 160 PLUS Officers involved the District needs to see this not the same 5 or 6 Officers every time. That is the whole point to get all the Officers to step up to the plate. Let go get that 3%. See you guys and gals Monday. Guest820 (Sandy) AARP is not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    AARP, I could think of acouple of Officers who are members, and qualified about 15-20 years ago. I believe its lack of communication that causes these attitudes (FOP, PBSO, etc.). And thanks to John for stepping up and "keeping us in the loop" In addition I see very few Officers using this board, this is the best thing for a department that is so spread out. From an SRO standpoint I look at the past, and things have changed, its just a slow moving process. I think we should gather all the information on ALL the incidents we handled and TOT them to the District, I know for a fact we do more than some departments do! In addition usually if your using a specific tool and its not doing the job, you put it down and grab another, sometimes its not the operator its the tool itself....Maybe changing the bargaining unit isnt such a bad idea.
    You're right about communication (Thank you Big John). We don't have briefings and don't go 40 together. The only time we see people from other schools, besides the 25% you're with @ summer training, is the dozen or so at a football detail. The Glades officers are too far away to make the PBA meetings, and many of the middle school officers are lucky if they can leave at the 1630 10-7 time. The winter sports schedule ties up the high schoolers with girls & boys basketball, girls and boys soccer, wrestling, and other school activities. I was an office holder/negotiator in three different unions (IBPO, FOP, & PBA). There is always the call to change unions. We usually got about 20% of officers to a "regular" meeting, although attendance did increase at crunch time. What we did do is got heavily involved in the political structure. The union hosted candidate forums and officers openly supported candidates who favored the police dept. The advantage that city officers have, that we don't, is that we had 40-45% of the workforce. Toss in Fire/EMS and together we had about 70% and were the most visible aspect of the city. At our present 166, we are one of the largest depts in the County and the State, but we are less than 3/4% of the workforce.

had to do something to get back on top this is what needs to be read and done not the other.