Are you for real ???

Are you for real ???

I can't help but laugh at everyone that wants to bring up the union on every issue that they have problems with. Do you really think the union will change all of this and if so where is your proof? At least 80% of the people I have talked to and trust me I have talked to if not more people in the union at different agencies than you, and they don't like it. I can't believe people bring up the union when someone gets fired. We are all Law enforcement officers and if you remember in the academy and at our agency and any other one for that matter we are held to a higher standard. So if fellow officer want to act like their better and don't take their jobs seriously on or off duties than the have to pay. The one thing that makes me mad is that some people don't pay for their childish behaviors or for their lack of self control (with their hormones for the most part). It's one thing off duty but let's be really ON DUTY???? Officers are going to make mistakes and they will and should learn from them but some mistakes shouldn't be looked past. I feel bad for the ones that got the bad news after X-mas and feel confused about the people that didn't get the bad news for breaking the one rule that was drilled into our heads (guess they should have been clearer on what head to drill that rule into instead). It's not all his fault right, I mean she is to blame too. She knew what she was getting into :shock: That's the part that gets me. I think their was a law broken here. The union can't save officers jobs on certain rules and shouldn't. I hate when people bring up the union on every little thing and if you really cared about the people that got fired you wouldn't use them to plug your union point of view. If you think go to TPD is going to better because you wont have to deal with any problems like our then your sadly mistaken. Our problems really aren’t that big compared to other agencies.[/b]

grammer

I think Chief should terminate you immediately based on your grammer and spelling. Since you are obviously anti-union and enjoy pointing fingers, you will probably be promoted.

I think Chief should terminate you based on your spelling of GRAMMAR

GRAMMAR

Quote Originally Posted by grade school teacher
    I think Chief should terminate you based on your spelling of GRAMMAR
    If the SOP allows termination based on one spelling or grammar correction, then you would go before me (a sentence without a period and a word with all capitalization) If you read the post I responded to, you will notice it has a number of fragmented sentences, misspellings, accusations, etc. A report written in this manner would indicate additional literature courses were called for. If you didn't notice this, I would have to assume you are a grade school teacher of the home schooled.

I did notice the errors on the original post. I was pointing out that one should use spell check before throwing stones.

I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I also believe that your opinions should be based on facts, not some unlogical response. Teacher, if you were to due some honest research, you would be hard pressed to find 25% (and I feel the number is MUCH lower than this) of people in the largest agencies who wish a union was not in place. Most people who are not for the union in other agencies are people who expected an immediate fix to every problem. Unfortuanately this is not how business works. Things take time. They also take hard work. I value those opinions who are pro and anti-union equally. I can understand why some people feel the way they do. I think the largest question truly is what will it take to make us better? There needs to be a change. That change needs to be that officers have a lot more say into our own futures. Let's stop attacking peoples grammar, and calling people cry babies. We are all adults. It's time we stop bickering and work towards a common goal of making ourselves better, whether you are pro or anti-union.