Ober up for Relection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ober up for Relection

Can someone advise if Mark Ober is planning to run again for State Attorney. Iam hoping not since I recently have been advised by one of his asa that bat leo is part of the job and its in our job description. Before you ask it was in division F, but I wont release the attorneys name since I sure many of us might have to deal with HER again. Mr. Obers office seems to be in decline when it comes to protecting those of us on the front lines. Just my opinion.

Mark Ober was a very good ASA, but as a State Attorney he has been horrible.

Running for re-election?

I guess that means we will start seeing him show up at the FOP meetings again.

He was at the Gold Shield annual luncheon last week and was recognized from the podium

If he knows about the Alumni Association he will probably be showing up there too.

:P

Sounds like my question is answered if he is making the rounds on the political tour. The guy has no clue what is going on in his office. His command staff is a joke. They looked like fools in the boot camp case and had their arsse handed to them. The guy is not leo friendly and his people are worse than him. The philosphy in their office is that leo are punching bags with a badge. Makes me sick. Sad thing about it is the sheriff's office knows about the lack of support for the leo's but does nothing about it.

Mark Ober

Mark Ober is the best State Attorney we have had since Bill James. Talk to real investigators who can actually do the job right and they will agree. His senior staff with the exception of Sandra Spoto (a political favor) are first rate. To blame him for the boot camp verdict is ridiculous, a north Florida jury would never convict in that community. He has always been very pro law enforcement, but does not kiss anyones ass. He makes an investigator or officer do their job right, and demands the same from his ASA's. Harry Lee let anything fly from sloppy and lazy cops, Ober will not.

I don't care if a cop is a ball of fire or lazy, that does not make them a punching bag. If an ASA thinks that is part of our job and not a crime she should be fired.

Re: Mark Ober

Quote Originally Posted by HCSO/DET
    Mark Ober is the best State Attorney we have had since Bill James. Talk to real investigators who can actually do the job right and they will agree. His senior staff with the exception of Sandra Spoto (a political favor) are first rate. To blame him for the boot camp verdict is ridiculous, a north Florida jury would never convict in that community. He has always been very pro law enforcement, but does not kiss anyones ass. He makes an investigator or officer do their job right, and demands the same from his ASA's. Harry Lee let anything fly from sloppy and lazy cops, Ober will not.
    I will tell you that when it comes to complicated case his office did not have the talent to prosecute. Many times my unit would look for ways to get the Statewide to take the case because Ober's Office would drag their feet and look for excuses to plea the case out......all because many of his prosecutors do not know how to prosecute a time consuming, very involved case that on the surface scared them because they would fail to research the law, thus they could not understand the charge(s).

Ober has asa prosecuting felony habitual violators with the mind set that if they cant make a deal they have lost the case. They are terrified in going to a jury trial. He is the pathetic when it comes to prosecuting crimes against leo's.

Ober

Who the F is Leo affairs colonel ?, put the bottle down average joe, nobody advocates that a leo should be a punching bag. But I can tell you that Statewide is worse than Obers office by yards, they pay less than Ober is able to pay his people. They are also very political, and get to pick and choose cases. Ober has to look at everything that comes in the door good, bad or ugly and try to make something out of it.

Get real buddy

Code:
    Who the F is Leo affairs colonel ?
    It means he has no life and constantly posts on this site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast