Pinecrest resident
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pinecrest resident

I am a resideent of Pinecrest. We want to know why so many officers have left our police department and why they continue leaving.

We also want to know if the Commanders, Lts and Sgts. are the real reason for so many officers leaving our PD.

Can you tell us if you are being treated with dignity and respect?

Are you properly compensated for your efforts and are the elected officials supporting you?

There is a silent majority in our community which is not happy with the performance of the Mayor and many of the comissioners. We are currently discussing a recall initiative and we want suggestions.

why do you waste your time...things have been terrible since 97... the main problem has been the city mananger... he runs the city like a business.. your pregant and a cop you better have alot of sick time!! he would rather pay a rookie less then have experienced officer... you guys living there arent going to get rid of him because you dont work for him..
    i am sick of hearing about residents trying to do something... the same guy has been running the city since the start and this cheif has been f-ing up the department for 7 years plus... i always thought well at least things cant get worse... but every year they did... thank god i got out... Happiness is being a cop away from pincrest

Yeah you can start with the village manager. He is a piece of work. When I had my exit interview, he asked "why do people like you want to leave?" So I told him one of the main reasons is- NO DEFINED PENSION PLAN. His response: Well I'm not going to put a pension plan in place. It is cheaper for me to continually hire new people and have them leave after their two year contract. Plus, cops don't want to stay here. There is not action. Last time I checked, Pinecrest PD gave back millions of dollars at the end of the year to the village funds. How about using that to start a pension and have some retention. The only cops that are still there after two years are the ones who have some BS internal affairs investigation in their file (thanks to Pinecrest) and can't leave.

Well I thought he wanted my opinion, but I guess he gave it to me. That is one example of why you have problems there. Also, why the fu%^ does the village manager (and the chief) need a plasma tv in his office to watch the GPS in the police cars? Your tax dollars are paying that fat ass to sit there and watch the police in his office. Doesn't he have anything better to do?

Second, the adminsitration doesn't have enough to do there. They fu^& around all day investigating the hell out of BS complaints. "Boo Hoo I got a ticket" Next thing you know it becomes an internal affairs investigation being investigated by a former (and still) corrupt cop.

The pay really isn't that great anymore. 7 years ago it was one of the highest in the county. Now it doesn't compare to having a take home car and a pension plan- and calling yourself a police officer.

Nuff said?

Mr. Chapman,

I'm sure your intentions are true, but nothig will ever change. Every officer that has left, gave an exit interview and said the same damn shit. Pension, take home and job security.

The administration does not care about the residents. Did you know the city generates over $15,000 a month in ticket revenue. If an officer doesn't write 40 tickets a month he gets written up. It is againist the law to have a ticket quota, but Pinecrest doesn't care. There is an ex-Hialeah LT, that is now a Pinecrest LT and he is the worse.

I now have a take home care, one of the best pensions in the state, a drop program and job security.

Good luck, but I know I am waisting my time talking to you.

the female officers leave so they can start a family because pinecrest does not have a light duty policy. in 2004, ofc. packler became pregnant and instead of letting her work behind a desk or as a dispatcher for the same pay, they made her work in city hall for half of the salary she was making. she filed a discrimination lawsuit with the EEOC but because pinecrest has no policy in place, they technically did not violate anything.

it is shamefull the way pinecrest officers are treated by their own administration. if they catch wind that an officer is looking to leave the department, they fill that officer's file full of false complaints and write ups to make that officer less desirable to the other agencies conducting background checks.

the list of pinecrest atrocities could go on and on. you should call Doral PD and ask them how many Pinecrest officers have applied there so far. But dont forget about Officer Sidki. pinecrest offered him a detective spot but told him he couldn't have it unless he called Doral and withdrew his application. how f**d up is that???

or call Gables PD or Miramar PD and ask them how many officers came from pinecrest. THERE IS A REASON EVERYONE LEAVES PINECREST...WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

hey mr chapman,

did you notice that only former officers are replying to you? that would be because the current pinecrest officers are too scared to reply for fear of retaliation from the administration. i dont blame them. i was scared once too. but i got smart and got the hell out.

to all current officers: GET OUT!! now is the perfect time. you can go work for Doral and KEEP YOUR SENIORITY!!!

HEY JUST SO YOU YOUNG OFFICERS KNOW WE ARE HIRING AT HOLLYWOOD WE HAVE A GREAT PENSION IT IS A 22 AT 80% OF YOUR TOP 3 YEARS WE ALSO HAVE A TAKE HOME CARS AND AN 8 YEAR DROP WE ALSO ONLY PUT IN 8.5 % FOR OUR PENSION WE HAVE GREAT HEATH INSURANCE WE START OFF HI TO IF YOU COME WITH TIME ON FROM ANOTHER DEPT.

whoa!!!

go to Doral and keep seniority! that's unbelieveable. how's that possible?

because they are a brand new department and they just started hiring officers. in fact, a former pinecrest detective is starting on monday as the senior-most road officer.

so pete, trey, robert, cooper, marrero, mckenzie, portela (and anyone else from the old crew i forgot)...you can still have your weekends off!!!!

You think they will hire me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast