Retirement
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retirement

Retirement

Guys I have some questions regarding your retirement. I'm currently an officer for another local dept but I was interested in applying to your dept. If I'm 30 years old do I have to do a total of 25 years for full retirement or do you guys have the 70 point system? Also, what is the multiplier and once retired does the dept pay for health insurance? Thanks!

Re: Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Guys I have some questions regarding your retirement. I'm currently an officer for another local dept but I was interested in applying to your dept. If I'm 30 years old do I have to do a total of 25 years for full retirement or do you guys have the 70 point system? Also, what is the multiplier and once retired does the dept pay for health insurance? Thanks!
    MDPD operates under the Florida Retirement System (FRS), access the FRS website and get all details there!

http://dms.myflorida.com/human_resource ... retirement

Thanks but I already did that and couldn't find anything on how many years I had to complete to retire. I wanted to know if there was a point system like other dept in Dade county.

MDPD FRS

Thanks but I already did that and couldn't find anything on how many years I had to complete to retire. I wanted to know if there was a point system like other dept in Dade county.
    No, just 25 years in service, or 55 years-of-age, which ever comes first.

Go with the city of Miami or Miami Beach and get 1% monies in an extra pension costing you nothing. Miami cops get around 250 grand, depending on the stock market.

MDPD operates under the Florida Retirement System (FRS), access the FRS website and get all details there!

http://dms.myflorida.com/human_resource ... retirement
    With the Florida Retirement System you are vested in 6 years with a 3% muti

YES

Go with the city of Miami or Miami Beach and get 1% monies in an extra pension costing you nothing. Miami cops get around 250 grand, depending on the stock market.
    FRS is a lot better. Miami is also FRS. If you chose the investment option for FRS you could get a lot more money than Miami

FRS is a lot better. Miami is also FRS. If you chose the investment option for FRS you could get a lot more money than Miami
    Miami is not FRS!

Miami cops have nothing to do with FRS. We have our qwn trust with Miami firefighters. And there is another retirement Miami Cops get called the 1%. Miami cops are getting a check for around $250,000 when they leave, which cost them NOTHING,PLUS their city pension. And if you get injured in the FRS, you get 50% of your pay as a disability retirement. Miami pays 66.6%. FRS better? do the math.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast