Your Sheriff is a ******* - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Then just worry about yourself....It is water under the bridge...Happy New Year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets just get the mind set that we need to be security guards like we have been.HOW U LIKE ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY NEW YEARS

I'm not a member of HSO, but I am a Line Supervisor with a local agency. I recently attended a Middle Management course that included a block of instruction from an attorney. The attorney really opened my eyes regarding police pursuits. He recommended that police NEVER pursue the bad guy. I personally don't agree with this, but the liability is so great you have to ask, is this Sig-10 really worth chasing? My answer is no, and my people will never chase a Sig-10. Some may call this weak or spineless, but when you assume the role of a Line Supervisor, you have a responsibility to protect the agency from liability. In my 18 plus years of experience, a vehicle pursuit usually ends in two ways, a crash, or a crash and bail. Just my two cents.

Are you at bpd?

pursuits

sounds a little gun shy to me, should be case by case, just like the policy states, must be a new supervisor. the attorney you were instructed by sounds like an ACLU card carrying ***** !! Just my two cents!!

Guys,just answer your calls and go home.Thats what the agency wants here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not a member of your Dept. and I'm not familiar with this case. But here's my two cents anyway. We live in a world of lawyers. The fastest way to be charged criminally and civilly is to get involved in an unauthorized police chase that goes bad. This is not the old days. Get with the program. When it comes to chases DON'T. Say to yourself I'll get you next time. You get keep your job and your house. Just a reminder how would you feel if your wife and/or kids were killed in an unauthorized police chase. Just food for thought. I don't want any of you to be hurt yourselves or lose your jobs. When the public demand we chase then the policy will be modified. Stay safe and back each other up.

Bottom line is it was 6 p.m. on a weekday in spring hill...if one of you caused my family to wreck i'd have your ass.

why didn't they just used a helicopter and back off

all in all I really can't understand spending this kind of money chasing a car that maybe is worth $1000 or something like that. And it's not like it was hard to find the person that had taken it. They knew exactly who had stolen the car, and it's not like they had hostages in the car or someone they had kidnapped. And for chases and stuff like this, isn't that what we spend millions of taxpayer dollars on for helicopters and one fixed wing aircraft for the primary purpose of tracking and pursuits i don't care what kind of car you have its pretty hard to outrun a helicopter that can do 180 miles an hour direct and not only that people could have been killed if a normal citizen had driven a car at those kind of speeds. They would be buried underneath the jail, and probably got some kind of 20 year sentence in front of one of Hernando's judgesfor reckless endangerment

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234