LPD - Grow Up - Be Professional

LPD - Grow Up - Be Professional

Dear LPD Command Staff and Officers:
    Do all of you watch soap opera's and then carry it over to this site? Who is sleeping with who; who said what; who is in trouble and who is not; why your agency is so bad and corrupt.
    Do any of you consider what other LEO's think of your agency after reading your posts? Speaking for myself and my co-workers, you are bringing nothing but the negative spotlight upon yourselves that you are so preaching you want to change.
    There is no wonder you are complaining about new "unqualified" officers. What quality person would want to join an agency after reading how childish you all act.
    Again, speaking for myself, I have one question. If you think things are so bad, how many of you who have been posting on this site have sought employment with another agency? If things are so bad, why do you stay?

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Why do people from other agencies feel qualified to come onto our site and judge us? We have our own problems, and they are our business. Those of us who stay do so because we have way too much invested here, still believe in LPD and know that this can be a fine agency again. For those who want to judge us, stay on your site and deal with your problems. If you are interested in LPD, join up and help us fight for what we believe in.

Is it really "our" business

Quote Originally Posted by AFOR
    Why do people from other agencies feel qualified to come onto our site and judge us? We have our own problems, and they are our business. Those of us who stay do so because we have way too much invested here, still believe in LPD and know that this can be a fine agency again. For those who want to judge us, stay on your site and deal with your problems. If you are interested in LPD, join up and help us fight for what we believe in.
    I agree AFOR, but the person has a point, we are airing all of this on a site that was created to discuss issues like equipment, training, etc. I am getting tired of all of this hiding behind screen names. Too much trash, and not enough focus on real work related problems, i.e. new cars, weapon training, new positions being open, questions about real police issues. What have we become? Or what have we allowed ourselves to become. The persons post makes sense, at least for me.

GROW UP BE PROFESSIONAL

To all who read and are not L.P.D.,
    I am and Officer here and have recently learned of this site, I have taken the time to read most of the information posted. I am not happy with most of the things that are written, whether or not they are true. I can only hope that other agencies that read this messages have the ability to know that every agency has it's problems, every agency has it's problem children, and every agency has it's whiners.
    If you notice most of the complaints are written by the same people over and over. If things were as bad as they make things out to be, I for one would not be here. I have worked for other agencies and know what bad is, L.P.D. is a great agency that has typical problems.
    Please do not judge our department for the temper tantrums of few whiners, the rest of us do not have time to stand around and whine. We are actually out living the good ol days and putting people in jail.
    As for those who are not happy with the union, then become a rep and put up with all of the political B.S. that they do. I don't want to therefore I don't. I have made many mistakes, I don't feel comfortable judging others for their mistakes, I hope to learn from them so that I don't do the same.
    L.P.D. is a kick ass agency, our S.W.A.T. boys have won the S.W.A.T. round up several times, our K-9 Handlers won Last years K9 nationals and placed second this year, our motors are number one in the state, Our snipers won the state competition this year, and our officers in genral are excellent. If things were so bad here these feats would not be attainable.

Re: GROW UP BE PROFESSIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    To all who read and are not L.P.D.,
    I am and Officer here and have recently learned of this site, I have taken the time to read most of the information posted. I am not happy with most of the things that are written, whether or not they are true. I can only hope that other agencies that read this messages have the ability to know that every agency has it's problems, every agency has it's problem children, and every agency has it's whiners.
    If you notice most of the complaints are written by the same people over and over. If things were as bad as they make things out to be, I for one would not be here. I have worked for other agencies and know what bad is, L.P.D. is a great agency that has typical problems.
    Please do not judge our department for the temper tantrums of few whiners, the rest of us do not have time to stand around and whine. We are actually out living the good ol days and putting people in jail.
    As for those who are not happy with the union, then become a rep and put up with all of the political B.S. that they do. I don't want to therefore I don't. I have made many mistakes, I don't feel comfortable judging others for their mistakes, I hope to learn from them so that I don't do the same.
    L.P.D. is a kick ass agency, our S.W.A.T. boys have won the S.W.A.T. round up several times, our K-9 Handlers won Last years K9 nationals and placed second this year, our motors are number one in the state, Our snipers won the state competition this year, and our officers in genral are excellent. If things were so bad here these feats would not be attainable.
    Amen! I couldn't have said it better myself, so thank you. The dozen or so posters here are frustrated - and they have a right to be. But I've often wondered, "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." Posting anonymously - no matter how many "views" it's getting - whether by other employees of the staff - is NOT going to initiate change. I do like that this appears to be a somewhat healthy venting ground - much as you would vent at the end of your shift to your spouse. Effective change is not only generated by leaders - it is by followers as well.

There are many things I'm grateful for this year and my career at LPD is one of them. When I don't like something or agree with a policy or procedure I address it - in person - so I can be part of the solution. I would suggest others try it. It's worked for me in my 10+ years at LPD.

No....before you all get paranoid I'm not staff... just a happily employed worker-bee in the trenches with the rest of you.

Just thought I'd try spreading some positivity here.

Yes my brother you are knew...so therefore you have no clue....this department is out of control...with no leadership. I am well aware that many agencies have their problems, just so happens the one you are involved with is a mess. Just too bad, no one outside the department has taken a hard look of the mess inside and gone public. The sooner we start dealing with the issues at hand, the sooner we can get back to the department that should be respected....you have a mass scale of public corruption, relationships that should not be happening, a support staff that turns the other cheek, constant cover ups, so don't preach to those who have been around a while and have observed this place going down hill.

As for the SWAT and K9 units...seems like they have their issues too right now. Perhaps the department would do justice by pulling the training budget for these meets, and deal with the real meaning behind the title. Take a lesson from the SO...training should be for training...and nothing more.

Don't try to preach to the choir who has been around a while .....sit back and be grateful you have a job.