The Problem with any Admin at ABT - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would just like a major that was a real cop. At the mention of anything other than possession and surveys They get scared and ask a million questions then find a million reasons why we shouldn’t do it.
    Go to a real cop agency then to find what you desire. Maybe the answer is in 20.165. We are not DEA or a local street crimes unit. Figure it out or be miserable. It’s that simple

Unregistered
    I would just like a major that was a real cop. At the mention of anything other than possession and surveys They get scared and ask a million questions then find a million reasons why we shouldn’t do it.
    I wish the Majors (both) had been real cops as well but not for the same reasons as you. By the way, get ready because more surveys are in your future.

Unregistered
    I wish the Majors (both) had been real cops as well but not for the same reasons as you. By the way, get ready because more surveys are in your future.
    I think it is great that we finally have a director that not only can read, but actually understands what he is reading. 20.165 is real clear. Maybe by doing more surveys we wont have time to harass war heroes at the Am Vets. Maybe by doing more surveys we can spend less time keeping male enhancement pills out of the hands of seniors. Maybe and this is a big one - maybe we can focus on the BEVERAGE LAW!! Don't attempt to school me on the fact that violations in a premises are actually violations of Beverage Law. Those of us that can read and comprehend know that is a stretch on the best of days. Maybe this will help - this is not a police agency with broad enforcement authority and responsibility. This is a regulatory agency charged with the enforcement of the BEVERAGE LAW. There is a reason your badge reads ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES and TOBACCO not STATE POLICE. The truth shouldn't hurt. It should be a catharsis for your soul.

Unregistered
    I think it is great that we finally have a director that not only can read, but actually understands what he is reading. 20.165 is real clear. Maybe by doing more surveys we wont have time to harass war heroes at the Am Vets. Maybe by doing more surveys we can spend less time keeping male enhancement pills out of the hands of seniors. Maybe and this is a big one - maybe we can focus on the BEVERAGE LAW!! Don't attempt to school me on the fact that violations in a premises are actually violations of Beverage Law. Those of us that can read and comprehend know that is a stretch on the best of days. Maybe this will help - this is not a police agency with broad enforcement authority and responsibility. This is a regulatory agency charged with the enforcement of the BEVERAGE LAW. There is a reason your badge reads ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES and TOBACCO not STATE POLICE. The truth shouldn't hurt. It should be a catharsis for your soul.
    Keeping licensed premesis in compliance is what we do. We should never pass a felony. PERIOD. If you have ever worked as a LEO outside of ABT you would know the locals don't give two dingle berry's about misdemeanors in a WaWa.

Unregistered
    Keeping licensed premesis in compliance is what we do. We should never pass a felony. PERIOD. If you have ever worked as a LEO outside of ABT you would know the locals don't give two dingle berry's about misdemeanors in a WaWa.
    Locals don't care about activity at WaWa because we do. They can pass on beverage law stuff because we will handle it. I think there are several statutes, felonies included, that require a law enforcement officer to act. In progress felonies would be at the top of that list. Spending hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours to get a gambling search warrant? Not a good use of anyone's time especially when we are the complainant. General vice crimes are best handled by the locals.

Unregistered

Still the same but worse

Quote Originally Posted by ;1145856
    This is not a knock any one administration here at ABT.

Take a look at everyone at the top at ABT including some Captains. (except Roberts)

Now pull up the website of any major police department.

Compare the backgrounds of the two. The glaring difference is that the admin at police departments have worked their way on up from the rank and file. As chief or sherrif you may be able to bring in your number 2 but don't think you will bring in new guys off the street to fill all the top slots. That's the real problem here. We are a very specialized law enforcement agency and every two years we get new people running the ship with very little senior leadership in place.

For those of us that have worked other places can you even imagine the uproar if the chief appointed a new employee as sgt or even detective without them doing time on the road. It just doesn't happen.

That process ensures that the guys on the road may have a chance of getting off. If the specialty units were always filled by friends from other agencies a lot of the road patrol would go elsewhere and I think that is why we have a %25 yearly turnover rate.

When you look at our job, no one should be leaving. People should be staying until they retire. On the face of it this is so much better than humping calls on the road. It's the internal irritants that causes people to leave. Don't say it's the money because we all knew the pay sucked when we started. People say it's the money because they realize the meager pay is not worth the agravation.
    Now look what we got years later This place can't get any worse. I hope.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345