Academy Info
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Academy Info

Academy Info

Hello all. I'm currently in the Criminal Justice program at FIU. This website was mentioned by a classmate. I'm looking for info regarding what to expect at the academy. I've heard different things from a few officers, the main one is just to keep at it. Still, the differences are great. One detective told me it was a hassle but nothing complicated. Of course he's ex-army. Another officer told me it was horrible for her, running miles and miles a day. She said she was overweight and struggled. I see fat officers all the time! What are the minimum requirements? What training should one focus on before heading in? How long is it? Is it the same academy for all MDPD? Any info would be grateful.

Re: Academy Info

Quote Originally Posted by SouthGrappler
    Hello all. I'm currently in the Criminal Justice program at FIU. This website was mentioned by a classmate. I'm looking for info regarding what to expect at the academy. I've heard different things from a few officers, the main one is just to keep at it. Still, the differences are great. One detective told me it was a hassle but nothing complicated. Of course he's ex-army. Another officer told me it was horrible for her, running miles and miles a day. She said she was overweight and struggled. I see fat officers all the time! What are the minimum requirements? What training should one focus on before heading in? How long is it? Is it the same academy for all MDPD? Any info would be grateful.
    If you're a fat black female you're in. Just show up.

not only are you in the dept, you will also get any specialized unit base on a double card black and female. no matter how incompetent you are

re;

What about hispanic female do I have a good shot at getting hired? :roll:

Re: re;

Quote Originally Posted by Hispanic
    Yes, especially if you're under 5 ft. tall. Extra worthless is what PD's are looking for down here in S FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Yes, especially if you're under 5 ft. tall. Extra worthless is what PD's are looking for down here in S FL.
    I guess that counts me out! :cry:

Don't give up so quickly! Tell us what you look like; who knows, with the right attributes, you too could be in DARE in 366 days after breezing through the FTO program, heck maybe earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hound
    Don't give up so quickly! Tell us what you look like; who knows, with the right attributes, you too could be in DARE in 366 days after breezing through the FTO program, heck maybe earlier!
    Well, I'm not going to say that I'm incredibly hot looking; But I do turn heads :wink:

[quote=MDPD Hopeful]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brown Hound":2ztuhcl3
    Well, I'm not going to say that I'm incredibly hot looking; But I do turn heads :wink:[/quote:2ztuhcl3]

Well, in that case, who knows, you may even rise to the exalted position of Miami-Dade County's first "squeeze!"

re;

It sounds exciting; Que RICO :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast