Quote Originally Posted by Guest
On December 10th at approx. 12:30 pm I was stopped on Highway 87 S, approx 8 miles south of Graham. Trooper Williamson of Troop D div 5 informed me the reason he pulled me over was for not wearing my seat belt. YES let me repeat it HE SAID HE STOPPED ME FOR NOT WEARING MY SEAT BELT! Not for speeding, not for illegal passing, not for suspected DUI but for not wearing my seatbelt! He ran all of my info and everything came back clean! He then wrote me a $100 ticket for not wearing my seatbelt! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Look, I understand using the seatbelt thing as probable cause for a stop but to issue a $100 ticket to an honest, law abiding, tax paying citizen who happen to forget to but on his seatbelt is an absolute joke! Especially when just 8 miles north on highway 40 there are thousands of cars driving well over the speed limit, some in excess of 80 mph. People are putting their lives as well as the lives of other in jeopardy and SUPER TROOPER Williamson is hanging out on 87 writing ticket for seatbelt violations! What a Joke! No wonder the NC Highway Patrol is on the News everynight and is the laughing stock of the law enforcement community!

NICE JOB SUPER TROOPERS! I FEEL SO MUSH SAFER OUT THERE ON THE ROADS KNOWING YOU ARE THERE!
Yeah, and what happens when you get hit head-on by one of those "80 mph" speeders you referred to and you aren't wearing your seatbelt? You'll be singing "I believe I can fly" as you go through the windshield and bounce on the roadway. Maybe if you don't have the guts to thank the trooper for stopping you and making you put your seatbelt on before you got farther down the road and were killed, your family members and friends will.
Signed, 23 year Florida State Trooper