SGT LIST OUT - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SGT LIST OUT

Quote Originally Posted by 69
    Quote Originally Posted by 305
    Boys...Please play nice or everyone will have to get out of the sandbox! Just remember...intelligence and experience=success/promotion.
    Bro what department does the above reflect. We all would like to know.
    Sorry you didnt make the cut, no matter how you look at it.... good choices were made. This is a growing agency so just hang in there, wait your turn and you will some day make the cut.... there will certainly be more promotional opportunities.

promotions

Quote Originally Posted by Fife
    Boys...Please play nice or everyone will have to get out of the sandbox! Just remember...intelligence and experience=success/promotion.
    Sorry you didnt make the cut, no matter how you look at it.... good choices were made. This is a growing agency so just hang in there, wait your turn and you will some day make the cut.... there will certainly be more promotional opportunities.
    If any more promotions are made we won't have any officers. The dept. is already top heavy just ask the major, he is pretty honest.

Re: promotions

Quote Originally Posted by guest 11
    If any more promotions are made we won't have any officers. The dept. is already top heavy just ask the major, he is pretty honest.
    You have to grow on the top before you grow on the bottom. With the anticipated growth of this agency, A strong command staff needs to be in place to supervise the new officers. If not you will have a bunch of individuals doing their own thing, not adhering to policies and procedures, and running around w/o supervision. Kind of like how it has been run in the past. Wake up! SPD is moving foward and if you can't accept change or do not like the direction the agency is moving I will write u a nice reccomednation letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by guest 11
    You have to grow on the top before you grow on the bottom. With the anticipated growth of this agency, A strong command staff needs to be in place to supervise the new officers. If not you will have a bunch of individuals doing their own thing, not adhering to policies and procedures, and running around w/o supervision. Kind of like how it has been run in the past. Wake up! SPD is moving foward and if you can't accept change or do not like the direction the agency is moving I will write u a nice reccomednation letter.
    I don't think I want a recomendation from you. I think your only thinking of yourself. It would have been more of an honest quote if you would have said lets make a good dept. better. You are always cutting our past down to justify your means. Why? This is Indian country educate what we have and make rank. Let's get together and do an assessment based on the culture and population. So many new Capt.'s etc who are actually recruits when it comes to the Seminoles. Your strategic planning needs to be evaluated. Be honest look at the whole picture. We have some good people but lets not sugar coat it.

[quote=guest 11]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by "guest 11":20u54im2
    I don't think I want a recomendation from you. I think your only thinking of yourself. It would have been more of an honest quote if you would have said lets make a good dept. better. You are always cutting our past down to justify your means. Why? This is Indian country educate what we have and make rank. Let's get together and do an assessment based on the culture and population. So many new Capt.'s etc who are actually recruits when it comes to the Seminoles. Your strategic planning needs to be evaluated. Be honest look at the whole picture. We have some good people but lets not sugar coat it.[/quote:20u54im2]

So promote from within and breed incompetence. Sort of like the prior CPT that was “pushing” our retirement. How can U get a retirement when you do not have the know how to do so. So the Chief brings in a CPT that is an expert in retirement and has successfully managed retirement before. Then he brings in a D/C that was # 2 at the largest police department in Broward. Then he brings in a CPT OPS HWD that was the # 2 at the largest nationally accredited sheriff’s office in the Country. Then he brings in a Major that was # 2 at Davie. So why not have the best lead have the best. I know it temporarily clogs the promotional latter but it is better then the alternative…. Promoting from the motor unit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234